Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-22-2015, 11:35 PM

3,231 posts, read 4,563,204 times

Advertisements

new 35 story Landrys mixed use tower to go up on Houstons 610 west loop.

Landry’s chief to develop luxury hotel, ballroom and offices in Uptown - Prime Property

Quote:
The project, to be built at 1600 West Loop South near Hallmark Dr., will be called The Post Oak.

It will include a 35-story tower with 240 hotel rooms, more than 120,000 square feet of office space and 22 apartments ranging from 1,000 to 2,000 square feet.

An adjacent ballroom and conference center will fill 30,000 square feet of space in multiple configurations and include a two-story automotive showroom to showcase Bently and Rolls-Royce vehicles from Post Oak Motor Cars, a Fertitta-owned dealership that sits on the 10 acres next to the Landry’s headquarters building.
Landrys Uptown Master Plan

Old 04-23-2015, 12:15 AM

5,673 posts, read 7,450,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTallest View Post
how? no one is "downplaying" KWP. were just saying Discovery Green is better, which you seem to have a hard time comprehending. so the deck park is a decent way to link two neighborhoods separated by a highway. for the last freaking time. Dallas didn't come up with that idea.

you act like the trenched 59 was Houstons first sunken highway..

did you seriously just call the Montrose Bridges gaudy?!? dude. boi. i don't even know what to say. have you seen Margaret Hunt Hill Bridge?

as for the i345 plan. Houston has been talking about getting rid of the Pierce pretty much since the day it was built. the i345 plan was a direct rip off of Houstons Pierce plan. but Houston actually has a solution for what to do with traffic. Dallas had no solution.

dude. stop wrongly flattering yourself. you don't deserve it. Dallas didn't come up with any of those ideas.
why would Houston wait this long to copy phoenix......
Because Phoenix didn't do as well as KWP....so they copied Dallas

And I didn't read anywhere in that article that said anything about a deck park...That's just your wishful thinking again........You are one of Dallas' biggest fans.

Old 04-23-2015, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
why would Houston wait this long to copy phoenix......
Because Phoenix didn't do as well as KWP....so they copied Dallas

And I didn't read anywhere in that article that said anything about a deck park...That's just your wishful thinking again........You are one of Dallas' biggest fans.
dude. for the last freaking time, how is Houston copying Dallas if Phoenix did it first..?

did you not see the linked rendering? i guess you haven't seen any of the schematics from the realignment proposals either.. you are right, i would like to see a deck park link the east end to downtown if they are going to trench 2 highways in between them. but that doesn't mean I'm a fan of Dallas (i am, btw.. its arguably the 2nd-3rd best city in Texas). you really need to start giving Phoenix more props if you are going to ride their deck park coat tails so hard..

Old 04-23-2015, 06:47 AM

Quote:
dude. for the last freaking time, how is Houston copying Dallas if Phoenix did it first..?

did you not see the linked rendering? i guess you haven't seen any of the schematics from the realignment proposals either.. you are right, i would like to see a deck park link the east end to downtown if they are going to trench 2 highways in between them. but that doesn't mean I'm a fan of Dallas (i am, btw.. its arguably the 2nd-3rd best city in Texas). you really need to start giving Phoenix more props if you are going to ride their deck park coat tails so hard..
Results speak for themselves.....whatever press that I'm missing about Phoenix's park it's probably because Kwp screams louder.

Old 04-23-2015, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
Results speak for themselves.....whatever press that I'm missing about Phoenix's park it's probably because Kwp screams louder.
Dude. You live in Dallas. Of course you're going to "hear press" about KWP. But as I said before, the majority of the general population outside of Dallas has no idea it even exists, just like Phonenix's deck park..

Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Dude. You live in Dallas. Of course you're going to "hear press" about KWP. But as I said before, the majority of the general population outside of Dallas has no idea it even exists, just like Phonenix's deck park..
Which is the very reason Houston noticed how popular and active KWP in Dallas is(only 240 miles away)and now it's suddenly a good idea for Houston to push for the same type of development........if you can't beat it..mimic it!

Old 04-23-2015, 08:18 AM

what the heck are you trying to hype up now boi? Discovery Green is far more successful than Klyde Warren will ever be. how many billions of dollars in development has Klyde Warren spurred?

and who's to say Houston can't out do Dallas' 5 acre deck park? if this freeway realignment gets decked it will be far larger than KWP.

Old 04-23-2015, 09:56 AM

6,290 posts, read 7,496,381 times
Quote:
what the heck are you trying to hype up now boi? Discovery Green is far more successful than Klyde Warren will ever be. how many billions of dollars in development has Klyde Warren spurred?

and who's to say Houston can't out do Dallas' 5 acre deck park? if this freeway realignment gets decked it will be far larger than KWP.
Well there is still hope for the Pierce elevated. There are people who want to turn it into a "skypark"

"What if we could turn a freeway into a park in the sky? The Pierce Elevated does not meet current design standards, so it can’t continue to be used as a highway. TxDot has stated they will demolish it as they plan a reroute of I-45, but why let it be demolished? Why not convert the miles of elevated infrastructure into a sky park, with space to enjoy the outdoors while viewing Houston’s amazing skyline?"

Pierce Sky Park

Old 04-23-2015, 10:19 AM

More deets on Tilmans 35 story mixed use uptown tower/development, which apparently has broken ground.

Tilman Fertitta breaks ground on mixed-use project The Post Oak near Galleria mall - Houston Business Journal

Quote:
Billionaire Tilman Fertitta announced April 23 he has broken ground on a mixed-use project near the Galleria.

The 10-acre project will feature a 35-story, 650,000-square-foot tower, which will include 240 luxury hotel rooms, more than 120,000 square feet of boutique office space and 22 residential apartment units. Other notable amenities include a two-story spa and salon.

Mastro’s Steakhouse will open its first Texas location in a 10,000-square-foot space on the property.

Old 04-23-2015, 10:30 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,951,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Lance View Post
Well there is still hope for the Pierce elevated. There are people who want to turn it into a "skypark"

"What if we could turn a freeway into a park in the sky? The Pierce Elevated does not meet current design standards, so it can’t continue to be used as a highway. TxDot has stated they will demolish it as they plan a reroute of I-45, but why let it be demolished? Why not convert the miles of elevated infrastructure into a sky park, with space to enjoy the outdoors while viewing Houston’s amazing skyline?"

Pierce Sky Park
Inb4 dallasboi says Houston is copying New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas