Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 03:21 PM

42,554 posts, read 87,206,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Your are missing the point!

You mother didn't have a license/Id Card because she didn’t need one for anything. If she needed a license then she would have had one. Now with renewing online it is very simple to do and it would take no driving to a DMV office.
You are missing the point.

How does the photo get onto the ID that is renewed or obtained online? Isn't the photo the whole purpose of the exercise? It has to be a Photo ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2013, 03:26 PM

577 posts, read 514,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

How does the photo get onto the ID that is renewed or obtained online? Isn't the photo the whole purpose of the exercise? It has to be a Photo ID.
You do have to have a current one to renew online. Just can't get online and obtain a new one.

Old 08-29-2013, 09:14 PM

587 posts, read 963,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie_B View Post
gun shows in Texas. TEXAS GUN SHOWS Uptodate list of gun shows in Texas

Gun shows which basically allow anyone who's not a licensed firearm dealer to buy or sell guns without a waiting period, background check, or i.d. Also known as the Gun Show Loophole, which Congress has made clear it has no interest in closing.
Here is a good article debunking what Bill Clinton said:

Clinton

Old 08-29-2013, 09:25 PM

2,206 posts, read 4,760,015 times
That's funny. I had to present one the last time I bought a gun at a gun show. Most sellers require it at the gun shows. I have sold a few guns and I require a valid CHL from the buyer or an FFL or I have to have known them for some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxie_B
gun shows in Texas. TEXAS GUN SHOWS Uptodate list of gun shows in Texas

Gun shows which basically allow anyone who's not a licensed firearm dealer to buy or sell guns without a waiting period, background check, or i.d. Also known as the Gun Show Loophole, which Congress has made clear it has no interest in closing.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:13 AM

4,448 posts, read 5,371,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post

Do you think that if someone knew they needed an ID to vote that they would have let the ID they have expire? I don't think so.

Once you go through the pain of getting one all you have to do is log onto any computer and in 5 minutes every six years you can renew it. (FYI the DMV is not really that big of a pain. The ones here in San Antonio let you check in online and will call you when you are to be called to the counter within 15 minutes.

Old 08-30-2013, 09:25 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,388,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rynetwo View Post
Do you think that if someone knew they needed an ID to vote that they would have let the ID they have expire? I don't think so.

Once you go through the pain of getting one all you have to do is log onto any computer and in 5 minutes every six years you can renew it. (FYI the DMV is not really that big of a pain. The ones here in San Antonio let you check in online and will call you when you are to be called to the counter within 15 minutes.
I don't know about regular state IDs but you cannot continuously renew a driver's license online. I renewed mine online from Europe in the mid-2000s, but had to renew it again in person in 2012. I can renew online when it expires next time, but the time after that...you guessed it...I have to put in an appearance at a DPS office.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas