Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-15-2011, 07:37 PM

1,806 posts, read 4,315,485 times

Advertisements

I was stating facts that I know of not saying that wisd or lavega was bad but parents wants to move to "burbs" cause of this wisd stigma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-15-2011, 08:22 PM

2,312 posts, read 3,668,050 times
Waco.......the most hated town in Texas...........the legend continues......

Old 12-16-2011, 06:24 AM

1,806 posts, read 4,315,485 times
Did you hear they're shutting down AJ Moore???[/quote]

There moving to Old University High off 35.

Old 12-16-2011, 08:21 AM

15,982 posts, read 35,243,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Did you hear they're shutting down AJ Moore???
There moving to Old University High off 35.[/quote]

Well that's balanced.....lol

Take out the Old University and build them a new school, but put AJ Moore in the old school. That renovation to AJ was a complete waste than. I heard they were shutting down AJ Moore and shipping students off to University because they were lacking students. I know after the new school was built; it was an inconvenience for many and many ended up going to AJ and Waco High. I swear Waco does things so backwards. Building our high schools and hospitals on the edges of the city lol

Old 12-16-2011, 12:25 PM

5,466 posts, read 7,761,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blkgiraffe View Post
There moving to Old University High off 35.
Well that's balanced.....lol

Take out the Old University and build them a new school, but put AJ Moore in the old school. That renovation to AJ was a complete waste than. I heard they were shutting down AJ Moore and shipping students off to University because they were lacking students. I know after the new school was built; it was an inconvenience for many and many ended up going to AJ and Waco High. I swear Waco does things so backwards. Building our high schools and hospitals on the edges of the city lol
I think you have it wrong. From what I read in the Waco Tribune, they would be moving AJ Moore to the NEW University campus where it would share space with the existing University HS.

It is pretty common in other school districts to have multiple "schools" sharing a single building. Students would be in one school with their own principal, counselors and teachers for their academic classes but share PE, athletics, cafeteria, etc. with the other "school" One advantage of this sort of thing is that the AJ moore kids could play varsity sports on the University teams while still taking their own classes.

Last edited by texasdiver; 12-16-2011 at 12:55 PM..

Old 12-16-2011, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasdiver View Post
I think you have it wrong. From what I read in the Waco Tribune, they would be moving AJ Moore to the NEW University campus where it would share space with the existing University HS.

It is pretty common in other school districts to have multiple "schools" sharing a single building. Students would be in one school with their own principal, counselors and teachers for their academic classes but share PE, athletics, cafeteria, etc. with the other "school" One advantage of this sort of thing is that the AJ moore kids could play varsity sports on the University teams while still taking their own classes.
Wait, so there will still be an AJ Moore, but it'll just be sharing a campus with University??? I heard from my brother who attends AJ moore that AJ was getting shut down and they would be sending the children off to University. However, he gets stuff wrong lol

Old 01-16-2012, 02:35 PM

12 posts, read 26,535 times
Sasha, I would recommend Woodway and MIDWAY ISD, there are plenty of rentals, I could recommend a realtor or look on craigs, there is always plenty of adds on craigs

Old 01-25-2012, 02:59 PM

371 posts, read 544,275 times
I am stuck in Waco for another 7-8 months and definitely not fond of it.. I lived in China Spring area for over a year and there are a lot of duplex rentals, but the drive and location was what made me end up moving. There are not many options of leaving or going but a couple of roads and the traffic in the mornings can be quite irritating (especially when all the lights are blinking red like they are so often) plus you had to drive into Waco to do or get anything.
You almost have to go and drive around the rental properties to see what kind of area it is. There are a lot of ghetto areas in Waco, but then there are some "safer" ones.
As far as how comfortable I am here- I do not go walking by myself in Waco.
A lot of people rent in Hewitt- there are quite a few duplexes and such there. That is a not so bad area.

Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 AM

1 posts, read 1,564 times
China Spring - hillbilly school, kind of small

Midway - ok, safe, baylor junior school basically, lots of hype like seriously

Waco - biggest school, very neglected environment...much room for improvement on all ends. nontheless, many successful people in life do go here.

Robinson - China Spring's little sister.

LaVega/Connally - run down country schools

Crime is all over....I've lived in Hewitt for 18 yrs, countryside for 10 yrs, and Waco for 5 yrs (dont get hoodwinked by the filtered news and pure ignorance)

Old 01-26-2012, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclennan09211 View Post
China Spring - hillbilly school, kind of small

Midway - ok, safe, baylor junior school basically, lots of hype like seriously

Waco - biggest school, very neglected environment...much room for improvement on all ends. nontheless, many successful people in life do go here.

Robinson - China Spring's little sister.

LaVega/Connally - run down country schools

Crime is all over....I've lived in Hewitt for 18 yrs, countryside for 10 yrs, and Waco for 5 yrs (dont get hoodwinked by the filtered news and pure ignorance)
La Vega and Connally are not country schools and you forgot AJ Moore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas