Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:08 AM

3 posts, read 7,126 times

Advertisements

Relocating to San Angelo, Can anyone tell me about the town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2011, 10:12 AM

8,560 posts, read 11,253,508 times
You can get a whole lot of info real fast and with no wait if you use the City-Data search engine. Use keywords 'San Angelo' and click on the 'Texas' forum to search.
Quote:
Showing results 1 to 30 of 345
Search took 0.10 seconds; generated 2 minute(s) ago. Search: Keyword(s): San Angelo ; Forum: Texas
Armed with a little bit of info you can then focus on specific questions about the town.

Be sure to send off for your Texas Travel Guide... IT"S FREE ! ! !, so by time you get here you'll know where you are.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:28 PM

1,883 posts, read 3,017,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcaley View Post
Relocating to San Angelo, Can anyone tell me about the town
I lived there all my life until about 3 years ago.Tell you anything you want to know,but be more specific in what you need.

Old 04-23-2011, 10:11 AM

96 posts, read 210,242 times
I used to live in San Angelo and it's a nice small city with great health care and good schools. Some areas are better than others as in any city its size. Very nice place but somewhat isolated if you're from a big metro or something.

Old 06-24-2011, 03:22 PM

10 posts, read 32,091 times
My husband and I are planning to move to San Angelo and I would really love to hear from someone who has lived there. What is the town like in general? Is it a safe and fun place to raise children? How are the public schools? From doing research i'm getting that santa rita, glenn, and central are the best schools there, is that true? Is the city entertaining or do you find yourself traveling a few hrs to have fun? I know it's alot of questions but I just want to make sure this is the right move to make. Thank you so much in advance.

Old 06-24-2011, 04:05 PM

2,068 posts, read 5,990,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by truu View Post
My husband and I are planning to move to San Angelo and I would really love to hear from someone who has lived there. What is the town like in general? Is it a safe and fun place to raise children? How are the public schools? From doing research i'm getting that santa rita, glenn, and central are the best schools there, is that true? Is the city entertaining or do you find yourself traveling a few hrs to have fun? I know it's alot of questions but I just want to make sure this is the right move to make. Thank you so much in advance.
My daughter and her husband bought a house in Christoval (about 20 miles south) because the school system is one of the best in the area. The Wall school district is supposed to be good too, but we have heard from many people that they are very cliquey.

I agree that the city is somewhat isolated. Shopping is somewhat limited. There is plenty to do with kids, it seems like there is always some event or other going on, (this wknd it's boat races on Lake Nasworthy) with banners announcing the events strung across the main street downtown. They just opened a new main library and it is quite nice.

People are friendly and helpful and you can get some great Mexican food here!

Old 07-27-2011, 11:23 PM

Ok so after doing a little more research, we are not sure that san angelo is the best place for our family. We came across Wichita Fall, tx and it seems like it could be the one. We could def use your opinions about the two areas. Here's alittle info about my family: we love going to the lake, camping, and shopping. We have 2 children 7 and 4 yrs old, so we enjoy going to amusement parks, zoo's, anything fun for children! Schools are very important!!! Comparing the 2 areas it seems like Wichita Falls schools are higher rated by the state. Down side is... we would be 5 hrs away from immediate family rather than 3 if we were to live in San Angelo. We want what is best for our children. And we are growing very tired of the small town that we have lived in our whole lives. It's time for change!! I would love to see what you guys think of both areas, so please leave comments. Thank you so very much in advance

Old 07-27-2011, 11:26 PM

One more thing... after researching Wichita Falls, it scares me to think of the tornado ratings. I believe the last one they had was in 1979 but it was pretty severe. It terrifies me to think of coming across one of those:/

Old 07-28-2011, 04:59 AM

11,913 posts, read 27,078,573 times
Wichita Falls DOES get more severe storms than San Angelo. I can't say what the odds are of getting hit by a tornado, but they really aren't very high.

Where does your family live?

Old 07-28-2011, 08:53 AM

Thank you for your response.
We live in Seminole, Tx. It's a friendly town, and has really nice public schools for our children. We are ready to live somewhere that you don't have to travel just to go shopping or to have a great wkend. I've been doing ALOT of research lately and WF and SA just seem to be SO much alike.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas