Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM

68 posts, read 373,490 times

Advertisements

When I had IKEA stores in my back yard for over 25 years when we lived in WI. ....... I NEVER WENT TO ONE ............

WHOOHOOO ................Now we have finally settled in our long awaited forever home in S.E. TN
( Tellico Plains) and want to do some re-decorating on our little ol country home .

We sure would be happy to find a store along the lines of the IKEA chain.
http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/categories/series/08015/

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.......

Ain't it simply wonderful to live in Gods Country? ........

sienna on the Plains
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2009, 07:45 PM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sienna View Post
When I had IKEA stores in my back yard for over 25 years when we lived in WI. ....... I NEVER WENT TO ONE ............

WHOOHOOO ................Now we have finally settled in our long awaited forever home in S.E. TN
( Tellico Plains) and want to do some re-decorating on our little ol country home .

We sure would be happy to find a store along the lines of the IKEA chain.
IKEA | VÄRDE series

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.......

Ain't it simply wonderful to live in Gods Country? ........

sienna on the Plains
The Super Target in Turkey Creek in West Knoxville has quite a bit of IKEA-ish furniture, mainly bookshelves, desks, chairs, lamps, stuff like that.

Otherwise, you might just head down to Atlanta and spend a day at the country's largest IKEA and stock up. It's an easy 3 hours from where you are.

When my parents moved here to Knoxville from China last year, that's what we did. We rented a van for a day and spent an entire Saturday at the Atlanta IKEA. The money we spent renting a van and paying for gas was more than offset by the great deals they got on some really cool furniture and other stuff for their condo.

Old 11-12-2009, 08:58 PM
BRH

99 posts, read 347,305 times
I'll second the recommendation on the Atlanta IKEA. We went down earlier this year and spent a day and it is wonderful.

Also, since you are in Tellico Plains, you might want to take a scenic route down to Atlanta. Just simply head towards Coker Creek on Hwy 68 and continue on down to the GA. state line through Ducktown and Copperhill. Then take Hwy 5 on to Blue Ridge, GA, where it turns into a 4 lane road and eventually turns into an interstate spur (I--575) once it gets about 50 miles out of Atlanta.

This is a really pretty drive over the mountains and then down through north Georgia. Also, from Tellico Plains, it's as fast as driving all the way over to I-75. I live in Sweetwater myself, but have relatives in the Tellico and Coker Creek area, and I used to drive this route to Atlanta quite often. Once you hit the 4 lane highway just past the state line in Blue Ridge, it is a quick trip on down. Also this route (I-575/Hwy 5) carries a lot less traffic as well. (It goes down through Blue Ridge, Ellijay, Jasper, Canton, and Woodstock, before hitting I-75 in Kennesaw on the north side of Atl.).

Anyway, welcome to the area, and Monroe County. Always great to have new people moving in. Also, since you mentioned IKEA, if you are interested in modern furniture, which they carry a lot of, there is a store in Knoxville called Nouveau Classics. It's on Kingston Pike in the Bearden area. It's got the kind of stuff you see in catalogs like CB2, Chiasso, and Design Within Reach. It would be quite a bit more expensive than IKEA though. There is also a similar store in Chattanooga called Smart Furniture.

Old 11-13-2009, 07:25 AM

13,258 posts, read 22,826,007 times
If you want a couple of good quality middle price point modern pieces in the mix, Room and Board also has a store in Atlanta now as well.

Old 11-13-2009, 11:52 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
We rented a van for a day and spent an entire Saturday at the Atlanta IKEA. The money we spent renting a van and paying for gas was more than offset by the great deals they got on some really cool furniture and other stuff for their condo.
That is a fabulous idea. I never thought of that.

Old 11-13-2009, 08:48 PM

uh-oh .......... I feel a "ROAD TRIP" coming on

Thanks so much for the suggestions. ......

............A trip to the IKEA GA store sounds good. I have a amost new enclosed motorcycle trailer we bought for the move and a really big van so I could use that.

Maybe someone would want to go along in the near future.

Right now we are still unpacking

sienna on the Plains

Old 11-13-2009, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BRH View Post
I'll second the recommendation on the Atlanta IKEA. We went down earlier this year and spent a day and it is wonderful.

Also, since you are in Tellico Plains, you might want to take a scenic route down to Atlanta. Just simply head towards Coker Creek on Hwy 68
Great. I am heading that way past Coker creek to look up a fella that has a private sawmill . One of the locals mentioned him when they overheard us talking about buying lumber put up fence and a run in shed for the horses.

Peeps are so nice around here

sienna

Old 11-13-2009, 10:07 PM

Just the thought of IKEA sent me over to their website for awhile. I was drooling. I really hate driving in Atlanta, though. I wish TN could get one!

Old 11-13-2009, 11:43 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,224,480 times
You could tack on the extra couple hours and head to Charlotte, hik. It's a much prettier city than Atlanta anyway.

Old 11-14-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabogitlu View Post
You could tack on the extra couple hours and head to Charlotte, hik. It's a much prettier city than Atlanta anyway.
That is a GREAT idea!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee