Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2007, 08:30 AM

1,323 posts, read 4,699,102 times

Advertisements

Hi dannydarlene,

I've sent you a private message with a link that will provide you with information on Dunlap, TN.

I hope this helps.

Johnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydarlene View Post
Does anyone know if their might be a V.A. hospital near by ?????? Could anyone provide us with any info on anything that might help Vet's that are retiring in this area????? Thanks so much for your help. By the way, how much is property in your area these days ( Dunlap or around ).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 08:53 AM

1,408 posts, read 5,094,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannydarlene View Post
Does anyone know if their might be a V.A. hospital near by ?????? Could anyone provide us with any info on anything that might help Vet's that are retiring in this area????? Thanks so much for your help. By the way, how much is property in your area these days ( Dunlap or around ).
Here's a list of VA hospitals in TN from http://www.theagapecenter.com/Hospitals/Military.htm:

Tennessee

Alvin C. York VA Medical Center - Murfreesboro, Tennessee (TN)
James H. Quillen VA Medical Center - Mountain Home, Tennessee (TN)
Memphis Veterans Affairs Medical Center - Memphis, Tennessee (TN)
Nashville VA Medical Center - Nashville, Tennessee (TN)
VA Mid South Healthcare Network (VISN 9) - Nashville, Tennessee (TN) Alvin C. York VA Medical Center - Murfreesboro, Tennessee (TN)

My husband is retired military so I basically get all our information from:
http://www.humana-military.com/

I'm not sure if you're retired military or not, so hope some of this helps!

Old 04-02-2007, 11:03 AM

12 posts, read 37,540 times
Hi Everyone. I am a true Dunlapian. That is what we call ourselves here. How are all of you finding our small town? I can tell you from living here the past 33 years, It is GREAT!!!! I may be a little biased but the people here are soooo nice. Very seldom do you come across a complete stranger that may not say "Hello" to you. That is just the way it has been for years and I don't see it changing anytime soon. Along with that southern hospitality you have the beauty of the Sequatchie Valley. One drive through here and you'll think you have reached the Pearly Gates of Heaven!!! The schools here are good. Both my children attend and I am very satisfied. Most teachers went to school in the valley when they were growing up and I can honestly say they really have a concern for the students because most of them will stay here in Dunlap and they are the future of this town therefore the teachers strive to build the educational needs of their students. We all know most of the towns people and if we don't we eventually find out who you are and may bring our new nieghbor an apple pie! That is part of that Southern Hospitality!!!

Old 04-02-2007, 01:08 PM

12 posts, read 37,540 times
Default Dunlap

I just read all the posts. I am happy to know you all find Dunlap to be so wonderful! I myself think it is the closest thing to Heaven!! I was born and raised here and will never leave. I have visited many wonderful places all over the world, but nothing compares to my town. Yes, I may be a little biased but the people really are great. The hospitality that they(we) present is the good ole' southern hospitality that you have probably heard people talk about. The schools here are top notch. A lot of the teachers here also attended here when they were young. They really do look out for the students best interest because they know that they are Dunlap's future and they understand the importance of their education. They know too that they are probably teaching their neighbors child or nephew or it could be some one they attend church with. What I am getting at is, we all know each other or know someone who knows another that we know, if you get all that! When you drive throughy our town you'll think you just entered the Pearly Gates of Heaven!! It is absolutely beautiful here. I hope to share it with you someday. There is a VA Hospital in Nashville. My uncle drives there once a week. Maybe an hour to an hour and a half drive from Dunlap. Let me know if I can answer any more ?'s you may have. I will be glad to help you.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:02 AM

6 posts, read 26,833 times
Thumbs up VA hospitals in TN

Thank you so much, you have been most helpful.

Danny Darlene

QUOTE=FL_TN_Nana;526012]Here's a list of VA hospitals in TN from http://www.theagapecenter.com/Hospitals/Military.htm:

Tennessee

Alvin C. York VA Medical Center - Murfreesboro, Tennessee (TN)
VA Mid South Healthcare Network (VISN 9) - Nashville, Tennessee (TN) Alvin C. York VA Medical Center - Murfreesboro, Tennessee (TN)

My husband is retired military so I basically get all our information from:
http://www.humana-military.com/

I'm not sure if you're retired military or not, so hope some of this helps![/quote]

Old 12-12-2014, 07:32 AM

28 posts, read 56,288 times
Reason I changed my mind on Dunlap.. I do my homework first online and this scared the daylights out of me.. Such a big concentration of anywhere in Tennessee..sexual offenders ist
Dunlap Sex Offenders, Sequatchie county sex offenders | DunlapTattler.com

Old 12-12-2014, 01:37 PM

36,499 posts, read 30,827,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatJeff View Post
Reason I changed my mind on Dunlap.. I do my homework first online and this scared the daylights out of me.. Such a big concentration of anywhere in Tennessee..sexual offenders ist
Dunlap Sex Offenders, Sequatchie county sex offenders | DunlapTattler.com
Maybe you should use a more reliable source like the actual sex offender registry.

Old 12-13-2014, 06:03 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
FYI: Dunlap and the Sequatchie Valley... In the video clip upper right corner is a link... the road behind the commentator is 111

Sequatchie County & Dunlap, TN Chamber of Commerce - Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee