Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2008, 08:07 PM

4 posts, read 14,620 times

Advertisements

We're moving to Morristown this summer from NC and would like to talk to some actively homeschooling families. What are the laws on HSing in Tennessee? Are there groups for science labs, team sports, etc?

Is there an active homeschool group? Specific churches with a large number of HSers?

Aside: Why does windows think homeschool is not spelled correctly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2008, 08:52 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Bmom, I am not home schooling my children at home, but as a teacher, have known and helped many home-schoolers with their programs. Not as a set-up liason, but to lend advice on advancement and educational issues.

Below is the TN website on home schooling. I notice that there have not been any responses yet to your post, but there will. There are quite a few folks in TN who do choose to provide home education for their children.

In the meantime, you might want to do a TN forum search from the Search option at the top on the page. Type in "Home-schooling in Tennessee". Be sure to specify TN, or you will get posts from every state!

There is also an Education Forum that has had several threads on home-schooling at various times. You can do a search there also. (I would try a "posts" search in TN, rather than "thread".)

You will find that once you start to receive local feedback from folks that there a quite a few who have support groups, enrichment groups, etc. that you can get involved in.

Best of everything to you with your children.

TN Department of Education:K-12

Old 08-08-2008, 12:06 PM

2 posts, read 6,825 times
Default Homeschooling in Morristown

Hi bmom,
We also are looking at the Morristown area to relocate too. I homeschool our two teens, ages 16 and 14. Have you found anyone who homeschools in Morristown or a support group there? I would be very interested to hear from you.
Thanks,
1MEP

Old 08-14-2008, 07:55 PM

4 posts, read 21,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmom View Post
We're moving to Morristown this summer from NC and would like to talk to some actively homeschooling families. What are the laws on HSing in Tennessee? Are there groups for science labs, team sports, etc?

Is there an active homeschool group? Specific churches with a large number of HSers?

Aside: Why does windows think homeschool is not spelled correctly?

We homeschooled in TN for 6 years. There are three options to homeschooling. The best homeschooling site is tnhomeed.com run by Kay Brooks. It's the most informative. I would suggest using a cover school. TN is not the most homeschool friendly state. If you have any questions you can contact me.

Dotchi

Old 09-07-2008, 11:16 AM

2 posts, read 8,112 times
Smile Homeschooling In Morristown TN

Hello, we are homeschoolers from Morristown, TN. Homeschooling in TN is great! The requirements are not complicated. The simplest way is to homeschool in conjunction with an "umbrella" school, such as HomeLife Academy. There are ALOT of homeschoolers in the Morristown area. Email me and I would be glad to help you!

Blessings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee