Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 08:04 AM

130 posts, read 475,139 times

Advertisements

last time i passed through Dunlap there was a big lot being built on off the main road. is there a Home Depot or Lowes going into to town? i will be relocating to Spencer in 1 year, and i would like to know if there will be work available in Dunlap.
please any info you may give would help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2007, 09:32 AM

3 posts, read 5,884 times
That info is something you needed to ask before you bought.
That area may need a well dug.
There is a water supply tower near there but I don't know if the Hanging Rock area is supplied by it.
Also some wells are going dry with the drought.
I own property in the valley below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyone View Post
I just bought a brow view off hanging rock - does anyone have any idea how you get water connected ?? what other problems will happen when I try to build. I have lots of restrictions in the deed r/t old development -I personally liked the town and town hall was helpful.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:05 AM

65 posts, read 220,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatsson View Post
Slow in my reference refers to the deterioration of the downtown area and the apparent lack of understanding by the local leaders to curb it or create a program to revitalize it and why that's important.

Slow to realize the impact that a walmart has on a small town.

Maybe raze the mobile homes where the illegals live and make a community recreation complex for all the slow Tennesseans that are jobless in the area.

Last edited by Halfback; 03-22-2008 at 02:19 AM.. Reason: put in too much information that you are not privy to, wouldn't you like to know?

Old 03-22-2008, 02:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maryn View Post
last time i passed through Dunlap there was a big lot being built on off the main road. is there a Home Depot or Lowes going into to town? i will be relocating to Spencer in 1 year, and i would like to know if there will be work available in Dunlap.
please any info you may give would help!
no it was a profitable drive inn movie theater. The owner said he made money and was not in the red, but was offered a price he could not refuse. The kids will be a little more bored this summer. This was a place that the highschool kids could go and show off their trucks and cars all summer. They would even take their tag along little brothers and sisters. Good clean fun.

It is now a Walgreen's Drugstore. There already is a drugstore or two in town even in the SuperWalmart. Looks more like Florida every day.

Old 03-22-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard2003 View Post
I own a few acres on the Sequatchie River near Mt. Airy Golf Course.
I know the course is for sale and whether I build or not depends on what happens to the golf course.
Anyone know anything about it?
looks like it re-opened and some retired cops are drivin balls!

Old 03-22-2008, 03:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Anyone know about a LazyBoy factory that's going in there?? My son called a couple weeks ago and said they were opening, I think, August 13th and he would be starting then. I've heard nothing about it, though I am a good hour away.
Maybe the one in Dayton but thats been there for quite some time. They are in need of workers after they laid off the Tennesseans and hired illegals. I heard they let the illegals go and are in a pickle. Its a tough job that Americans that I personaly know enjoy having even with the pay cut they recieved a few years ago.

Old 03-22-2008, 03:27 AM

Brow lots are nice in the summer. You know the Floridiot mountain folk around here by the damage on their fenders. Off-camber mountain roads slick with ice send most transplants back to sunny paradise. Please stay out of my lane, even though their is no newly painted yellow line and few road signs(keeps taxes low) it does not mean one way your way. Keep your eyes on the road and hands on the wheel. Head on collisions happen on blind curves and hills around here. Watch out for washed out roads and loose cattle in road. Tractors, mule wagons, and horses are allowed to share the highways . Why the rush anyhow? It use to be that you would travel to the big city once a month to stock up on items. Now people want things they see on television right now. The rural lifestyle has always been about stocking up for lean times. If your not a good planner than your crops and livestock will fail. What is to be learn from this hurried instant gratification consumer society lifestyle? That I want more now? At any cost to your neighbor. As long as I got mine and lots of it as long as someone else suffers for it and not me. That is what is learned.

Old 03-22-2008, 05:14 AM

849 posts, read 2,954,348 times
Dunlap article...

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Area suburban counties grew the fastest in 2007
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee