Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2014, 09:17 AM

12,135 posts, read 16,128,302 times

Advertisements

It was not my purpose to list jobs. My purpose was to provide data. Information.

Sorry for the link that didnt work. Its a PDF file an I find it difficult to link to them.

I have tried to attach the file but it wont upload

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridagirl777 View Post
I kind of expected more from Spring Hillian regarding that upswing he mentioned. What would be most helpful is if someone could post links to ACTUAL JOBS with the salary or per hour pay listed. I did a few, but I know there are probably more out there and I don't have time to research more this morning. This way people interested in Hernando County could actually see what's available and what they could make.

It would be great to see Hernando County take off with excellent jobs that pay well! I've got a house to sell there in the future, and it would sure be nice if the area suddenly became highly desireable and repaired sinkhole homes were in high demand! LOL! Maybe one day ...

For those of you job hunting in Hernando, here's some additional info on the list Spring Hillian provided to save you time:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/tampa...20Analysis.pdf
Link doesn't work. Perhaps he can provide a working link to this page.

FastFacility - Find Buildings or Sites in 30 seconds or less
This link takes you to Hernando County's Office and Building Development page. I could not find any job listings here. What I did find was a description:

The major industries in Hernando County are Distribution, Healthcare, Cement Production, Manufacturing, Mining, Tourism, Dairy/Cattle Production, Citrus Production, Forest Resources, and Construction.

The largest private employer in the county is the Walmart Distribution Center, which is one of the largest buildings in the state, encompassing 1.5 million square feet of warehouse space. Other significant employers include Oak Hill and Brooksville/Spring Hill Regional Hospitals, Sparton Electronics, Florida Crushed Stone, Sims Machine & Controls, Cemex, Accuform Signs and Joni Industries.

Governor Scott Announces 271 New Jobs in Hernando County No jobs listed here, but there is a lead to a company called Accuform. This link I will provide will be far more helpful: Careers - About Safety Signs, Safety Tags and Safety Labels by Accuform Signs I know several people who work for Accuform. The work environment is very pleasant, and the family who owns it and is in management there is upstanding. Here's a direct link to their online application process: Application - Resources Safety Signs, Safety Tags and Safety Labels by Accuform Signs

Hernando: The Place to Grow | Trade and Industry Development
This is basically a business advertisement to draw industry into Hernando County. No jobs listed.[/quote]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2014, 09:20 AM

If you want job listings there are many websites that do that. Indeed, monster, careerbuilder , employ florida, and it is helpful to check the job postings for county and state jobs with the various agencies. Also the federal government has jobs here.

We already have an informal job board on facebook.

em
Quote:
How about links to actual jobs? That would be really helpful for people considering a move to the area. Perhaps some of you who live there now could keep this thread alive by posting job links when they come available.

Excellent jobs would be jobs where people can actually make more than about 30K per year with little education or training, but perhaps this is totally unrealistic in any town/city. The majority of what I saw listed on Employ Florida for Spring Hill would only pay around 20K per year. Granted, there were a lot of jobs posted there that did not contain salary info.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:25 AM

1,024 posts, read 1,800,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Hillian View Post
It was not my purpose to list jobs. My purpose was to provide data. Information.

Sorry for the link that didnt work. Its a PDF file an I find it difficult to link to them.

I have attached the file.
Yes, but the information you provided was just about how great a place Hernando is to work. It seemed like a lot of talk to me … lots of promises to try and lure potential employers to the area. I just thought you'd have some kind of actual JOBS listed to help people see the kind of work that is available in the area.

I just see Spring Hill as a commuter community. People live there, but most can't really make a good living there. In my experence, the better pay is futher south. Nothing wrong with that if folks don't mind commuting, but until strong industry and employment is actually happening in Spring Hill, the area shouldn't be described as having an "upswing" in employment and job growth. Well … I guess the 200+ jobs created through Accuform could be considered an upswing, so I'll give you that. I wonder how much Accuform is paying these days? Anyone know the answer? Last I checked, about a year ago a friend of mine was making around 25K working there.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
If you want job listings there are many websites that do that. Indeed, monster, careerbuilder , employ florida, and it is helpful to check the job postings for county and state jobs with the various agencies. Also the federal government has jobs here.

We already have an informal job board on facebook.

em
OK. Got it. I just figured you'd be able to provide some actual jobs so people could see some samples of what a person could realistically make in Spring Hill. I guess folks could just go off the list I gave earlier, but that list doesn't look too promising.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:31 AM

Quote:
I wonder how much Accuform is paying these days? Anyone know the answer? Last I checked, about a year ago a friend of mine was making around 25K working there.
Ah ha! I nailed it! Here's some info about salaries from Accuform:

Accuform Signs Salaries | Glassdoor

Looks like you could ALMOST clear 30K a year as a graphic artist. About 20K if you are a materials handler (sounds like that requires little training or experience). Management makes about 50K.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:34 AM

Almost every time when a reliable source of information is posted as a link it becomes some kind of advertising, a lure, etc. I told you where to look for jobs.

Right. It is a commuter community. It is a bedroom community for cities south of here. It is the suburbs of the suburbs. It was built up a a retirement community and thousands of jobs and industry were not needed. That has changed as the area grew. Yes, better pay further south, but also a higher density of people, traffic and congestion. I was just down in Brandon Monday and I thought to myself how on earth do people live there. It was a zoo. Worse than Orlando. Instead of more useless information "from a friend" why dont you give them a call or check their website for job openings.

Quote:
Yes, but the information you provided was just about how great a place Hernando is to work. It seemed like a lot of talk to me … lots of promises to try and lure potential employers to the area. I just thought you'd have some kind of actual JOBS listed to help people see the kind of work that is available in the area.

I just see Spring Hill as a commuter community. People live there, but most can't really make a good living there. In my experence, the better pay is futher south. Nothing wrong with that if folks don't mind commuting, but until strong industry and employment is actually happening in Spring Hill, the area shouldn't be described as having an "upswing" in employment and job growth. Well … I guess the 200+ jobs created through Accuform could be considered an upswing, so I'll give you that. I wonder how much Accuform is paying these days? Anyone know the answer? Last I checked, about a year ago a friend of mine was making around 25K working there.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Ah ha! I nailed it! Here's some info about salaries from Accuform:

Accuform Signs Salaries | Glassdoor

Looks like you could ALMOST clear 30K a year as a graphic artist. About 20K if you are a materials handler (sounds like that requires little training or experience). Management makes about 50K.

Good job!

Old 07-23-2014, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Almost every time when a reliable source of information is posted as a link it becomes some kind of advertising, a lure, etc. I told you where to look for jobs.

Right. It is a commuter community. It is a bedroom community for cities south of here. It is the suburbs of the suburbs. It was built up a a retirement community and thousands of jobs and industry were not needed. That has changed as the area grew. Yes, better pay further south, but also a higher density of people, traffic and congestion. I was just down in Brandon Monday and I thought to myself how on earth do people live there. It was a zoo. Worse than Orlando. Instead of more useless information "from a friend" why dont you give them a call or check their website for job openings.
I hate Brandon and would never live there.

See my previous post. I did check into the Accuform thing and have better info now, though it's pretty much in line with the info I received from my friend. Hopefully that will help people decide if they want to apply. Personally, with the low cost of living in Spring Hill, I think a person could make a job at Accuform work if they did not have children to support or if they had a second income source from somewhere else.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:45 AM

Quote:
I hate Brandon and would never live there.

See my previous post. I did check into the Accuform thing and have better info now, though it's pretty much in line with the info I received from my friend. Hopefully that will help people decide if they want to apply. Personally, with the low cost of living in Spring Hill, I think a person could make a job at Accuform work if they did not have children to support or if they had a second income source from somewhere else.
I am sure Tampa metro is much worse than Brandon. Yes, I would guess a lot of people make a living running sign making machines. If they do have kids I would think a part time job would be helpful.

Old 07-23-2014, 09:55 AM

8,704 posts, read 10,901,046 times
Okay, after reading the back and forth....I found this info which is very helpful. Just click on the various tabs. It would appear by this info that Spring Hill is a popular place to move to and things are on the upswing. Property values going up, population going up, pay going up and the school system better than average. Is it the number one place to live in Florida? Probably not. Are things on the upswing? No doubt. Do a lot of people want to live there? Yep.

Spring Hill, FL

"As of 2010, the total Spring Hill population is 98,621, which has grown 42.77% since 2000. The population growth rate is much higher than the state average rate of 17.64% and is much higher than the national average rate of 9.71%.

Spring Hill median household income is $41,568 in 2008-2012 and has grown by 26.50% since 2000. The income growth rate is higher than the state average rate of 21.87% and is about the same as the national average rate of 26.32%.

Spring Hill median house value is $130,900 in 2008-2012 and has grown by 54.55% since 2000.

On average, the public school district that covers Spring Hill is better than the state average in quality.

The Spring Hill population density is 1,584.11 people per square mile, which is much higher than the state average density of 285.92 people per square mile and is much higher than the national average density of 81.32 people per square mile.

Spring Hill median household income is $41,568, which has grown by 26.50% since 2000. The median household income growth rate is higher than the state average rate of 21.87% and is about the same as the national average rate of 26.32%.

On average Spring Hill residents spend 30.4 minutes per day commuting to work, which is higher than the state average of 25.8 minutes and is higher than the national average of 25.4 minutes."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay