Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 05:52 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,008,926 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
psssst. the majority are NOT from here, they visit, do was they please n leave. The near misses I had this yr the tags were NOT from FL! and there are NOOOO SIGNS
And nooone of those near misses were your fault I imagine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-08-2013, 07:48 PM

8,704 posts, read 10,899,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotoProIP View Post
The left lane is for PASSING. Passing is not speeding, passing referring to someone who is driving in the middle, or right lanes slower than the maximum speed posted. So, if it says 70, and you drive 45 in the middle lane we can PASS you. If you want to drive 45 that is fantastic, great, awesome, just get off the left lane. Matter of fact, if anyone read the driving manual, it is actually explained in it. LOL Maybe they need to pass a bill making it mandatory to learn how to read!? I don't think there is a law for that.
+1

Old 05-08-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshinecc View Post
I hope I don't get too much flack for this as I mean no disrespect but maybe instead of an HOV lane (as discussed in another thread), there should be a lane added over to the right for the elderly
There is one. It's the sidewalk and I have seen cars on it.

Old 05-08-2013, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Very true...I had several NJ/NY cut at the bumper...very rude!
Yep! Same here.

Old 05-08-2013, 08:23 PM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
[quote=DUNNDFRNT;29482139]And nooone of those near misses were your fault I imagine?[/quote]

Nope, and I have taken the motorcycle safety course and a few other job related driving courses and had never had a ticket,,, or accident thank God, when people just move over where they just want to- even if you are there- is NOT one's fault. Now I lost a son to a bad driver who did just that. Now that I'm older, I'm moving closer to work,,, and taking trains to Miami instead of driving- because it makes sense to start recognizing one's limitations.

Old 05-10-2013, 10:20 AM

23 posts, read 44,762 times
the elderly is not the problem its people being in too much of a hurry

Old 05-10-2013, 01:22 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
When I lived in Bradenton I would say the first one when the snow birds arrived but in the Tampa Bay area it is more A$$ who cut people off and it is man and woman who don't have a clue that a car can be a weapon and maybe realize it when it is too late, that one thing is that a car size doesn't always fit the small opening to pass on the right and cut people off to pass the car in front and end up at the same traffic light.

I always think that people like that must get a adrenaline rush which can result in a heart attack over time by playing with death...

I'm not talking when people drive slow in the left lane but when you are going like 5 -10 over the speed limit and they still have the urge to cut you off on the high way and thinking a car can handle anything...

Old 05-10-2013, 01:27 PM

5,021 posts, read 7,449,403 times
Quote:
If someone is tailgating that means they are trying to PASS
Tailgater's are the A$$... it's so dangerous.
Those people need time management classes so they get on the road in time so that they don't have to drive like jerks.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:48 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,745,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfbs2691 View Post
Tailgater's are the A$$... it's so dangerous.
Those people need time management classes so they get on the road in time so that they don't have to drive like jerks.
This morning I noticed in my rer view mirror that a SUV with an A$$ lady cut someone off to get on y tail at 7 am in morning at I-75 coming from St. RD 54 and it doesn't make much difference since it is basically car after car so what is the point.

Than she hold her middle finger up at her mirror to show the person in the car behind her..so she became more of a lady by the second.

I decided to take a little more distance to protect my self from her big SUV since she can easily push my 300 into another car which then can cause me to become liable ...and maybe not nice but when an empty spot came near so she could do it to me and go around me I gave just a little more gas so until I got off I-75 which was not that far, she had to stay behind me and I think she got it a little bit because finally she started to make more space between my car and hers so at least I could see her front bumper in my rear view mirror.

Having learned how to drive in Europe where it takes many lessons and you have to look in all mirrors, is helping me with driving over here.

Some people don't even have a mirror and don't have a clue that they aremn't designed for make up and/or shaving but they have a different purpose and can be handy for make-up and/or shaving depending on your needs.

Old 05-10-2013, 03:40 PM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
the elderly is not the problem its people being in too much of a hurry
I agree - inpatient, late for work/an appointment, reckless drivers unable to follow traffic laws, speed limits....risking the lives of the other drivers/passengers because of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay