Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2017, 08:16 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,435,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinatras View Post
San Diego comes pretty close to having perfect weather.

It's number one on this list.

The 20 Best Places to Live in the U.S. for the Weather | Real Estate | US News

Days below freezing: ZERO
Days above 90: 3, although I have never seen that happen.

Also I would vote Maui, although too hot for me.
Both expensive places. I'd have to work two jobs to afford decent housing and would have no time leftover to enjoy the climate.

Florida isn't so bad after all, is it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2017, 11:03 AM

17,534 posts, read 39,131,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Both expensive places. I'd have to work two jobs to afford decent housing and would have no time leftover to enjoy the climate.

Florida is not bad at all as far as I am concerned. And the weather is not perfect in San Diego or SF, not to me anyway. San Diego has strong winds (Santa Ana) that can make it difficult to be outside at times, and SF has fog and is cold. I don't want to live anywhere that takes until noon for fog to burn off. I saw this in central coast of CA, too, where it is beautiful, but way too much fog.

Anyway, I am in Sarasota, and weather suits me fine. Sure, right now it is "dog days" a little too hot and humid, but I am mostly OK with that, because I like heat/warmth and even some humidity, and thunderstorms. And you just can't beat the beaches and coast here. And this place is a freakin' BARGAIN compared to even a pit in some of the more expensive areas of CA. My husband has a great job and we can afford a good life here, so we are stayin'!

Old 08-15-2017, 12:08 PM

4,480 posts, read 3,849,852 times
Quote:

True, very expensive over there.

The high temp today in San Diego is 72.

The high temp on Jan. 15, 2017 was also 72.

99.9% of homes there need neither cooling nor heating (i.e., HVAC systems).

When the temperature outside is consistently the same temperature that I set my AC to,
yeah, that's what I call perfection.

Old 08-15-2017, 12:48 PM

Wonder what an equivalent house on a nice golf course w/ a nice view (lake/pond) like I currently have would cost in San Diego or Maui? Double, triple?

As well as the amount of taxes (income, real estate) I'd have to pay? FL housing is a bargain compared to real estate prices in HI and CA.

Last edited by BucFan; 08-15-2017 at 01:00 PM..

Old 08-15-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Wonder what an equivalent house on a nice golf course w/ a nice view (lake/pond) like I currently have would cost in San Diego or Maui? Double, triple?

As well as the amount of taxes (income, real estate) I'd have to pay? FL housing is a bargain compared to real estate prices in HI and CA.
Indeed!!!!

Old 08-15-2017, 01:18 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,877,896 times
Stay in doors most the of time, exercise indoors, watch TV and sleep.

Old 08-15-2017, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanderbiltgrad View Post
Indeed!

Old 08-15-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
that would be avoiding the heat, not tolerating the heat - it's not difficult to get acclimated - just have to regularly get out and do stuff in the heat - start w/ getting out there early in the day before noon.....stay hydrated, relish the climate here.....that's what I do.

your plan keeps you from enjoying the area and all the things you can do here outdoors for 8 months out of the year

Old 08-15-2017, 01:37 PM

1,795 posts, read 1,877,896 times
Quote:
that would be avoiding the heat, not tolerating the heat - it's not difficult to get acclimated - just have to regularly get out and do stuff in the heat - start w/ getting out there early in the day before noon.....stay hydrated, relish the climate here.....that's what I do.

your plan keeps you from enjoying the area and all the things you can do here outdoors for 8 months out of the year
You cannot force your body to tolerate anything it cannot handle thou

Old 08-15-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
You cannot force your body to tolerate anything it cannot handle thou
if you have a medical condition that prevents you from outdoor activity in high humidity, might be wise to move - otherwise, to get acclimated, you have to get outdoors....

How to Help Your Body Acclimate to the Summer Heat
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay