Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay
 [Register]
Tampa Bay Tampa - St. Petersburg - Clearwater
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2010, 09:15 AM

6 posts, read 104,172 times

Advertisements

My family is moving from Ohio to Tampa. We lived in Tampa from 2000-2004, therefore we are familair with the area. We plan to rent a house until we find the neighborhood and home that fits our needs. Communting to work is not an issue which makes the New Tampa / Wesley Chapel very attractive.

We have been looking online at rentals in Meadow Pointe and Seven Oaks. We would like to rent and buy in a family friendly community with low crime and good schools.

What is your opinion of these neighborhoods?

Should we focus on any other neighborhoods?

Hillsborough vs Pasco schools?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2010, 11:03 AM

13 posts, read 28,476 times
hi sorry i can't comment on the neighborhoods you mention, as i don't live there and am in the same boat as you--doing research. but one place i found out about is fishhawk ranch which you might also want to consider. my husband and i have fallen in love w/ it from afar. just wanted to suggest you take a look at it, too.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:34 AM

7 posts, read 22,224 times
We are looking at Seven Oaks to purchase a place in, but we are coming from Canada and dont have any experience either. We have been told its a great family friendly neighborhod though.
We also REALLY like Cory Isle.

Old 07-31-2010, 11:49 AM

707 posts, read 1,473,525 times
Cory Isles has some problems with foreclosures and such. Seven oaks is beautiful. I suggest taking a visit first. If you have a job based in downtown tampa it will be kind of hard to get their.

Old 07-31-2010, 01:01 PM

64 posts, read 180,887 times
Personally, I would avoid New Tampa. Wesley Chapel is great for young families with a lot of ammenities. I have never heard anything negative about Seven Oaks and it is in a great location. Not sure about the schools for that neighborhood, but there is a fairly new charter school that is supposedly wonderful. good luck!

Old 07-31-2010, 04:09 PM

7 posts, read 22,224 times
My husband will be working at a private school so the public schools wouldnt be a consideration for anything other than re-sale as the kids will go to the school where he works.

Why avoid New Tampa--just curious?

Old 07-31-2010, 04:28 PM

707 posts, read 1,473,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsJunior View Post
My husband will be working at a private school so the public schools wouldnt be a consideration for anything other than re-sale as the kids will go to the school where he works.

Why avoid New Tampa--just curious?

It is in construction at the moment which makes the traffic WORSE.

Old 08-01-2010, 07:21 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,682,032 times
I second the advise on avoiding Cory Isle. They have had big problems with the badly designed manmade lake. Lots of legal problems from homes being flooded when it rains.

Seven Oaks is a really nice family oriented community. I know several people that either have lived or currently live in Seven Oaks and really like it very much. The CDD is a bit high, but most of the communities have high CDD fees. I live in Tampa Palms and only pay $200 a year, compared to the over $2,000 a year fees. You get what you pay for however. The schools are pretty good for Seven Oaks. If you do look into Seven Oaks, try to avoid the cheaper homes. They are most likely KB Homes. They don't have a great reputation.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:42 PM

34 posts, read 80,997 times
I am thinking about Meadowpointe, I have small children is ther any concern about snakes or alligators?thanks

Old 08-02-2010, 03:52 PM

4 posts, read 15,045 times
We live in Live Oak Preserve (we are in 30's with 2 young kids) and would echo those positive comments about Sevenoaks. Location is great - right next to the I 75 and great amenities especially clubhouse, pool area etc

Meadowpoint seems bigger. Amenties are split into the different phases of development. Location not quite as favorable especially if you live more west of Bruce B Downs.

There is road widening taking place now on both BB Downs and north on the 54. This however is only temporary and should not put you off.

From my research I would say that 7Oaks appears to be more expensive per sq. ft compared to other 'less desirable' communities

We live just over the county line and like 7Oaks have schools within our neighborhood. We have a 2nd grader at Turner and we are very happy - it's a nice brand new school. The same exists within 7Oaks as well.

We live next to a big pond and no there's no real concern about Alligators. Snakes more so. We've been here about 6yrs and have seen a few snakes - educating yourselves and the kids is wise.

We are very happy in Live Oak but I would certainly recommend 7Oaks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Tampa Bay