Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 02:30 AM

4 posts, read 12,505 times

Advertisements

I just recently got a job offer in St. Joseph's Hospital in Syracuse, and I am planning on relocating in the next 2 weeks to the Syracuse area from NYC.

I have read through many of the posts on these forums and have come to the conclusion that the best area for me would be Liverpool, although I am also looking at DeWitt (but leaning towards Liverpool).

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good apartments for rent. I am looking for a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms, maybe a 3 bedroom if there aren't 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2011, 06:06 AM

3,168 posts, read 5,527,285 times
Are you looking at living in the Village of Liverpool or greater Liverpool? - they're two different things.

I live in the Village and absolutely love it! It's a walkable area - library, shops, restaurants/bars, Onondaga Lake Park, etc etc. There are 3 complexes just on the outskirts - Covered Bridge, Pearl Street, and Harborside Manor. I don't have experience with any of them, but someone on here lived in Covered Bridge and loved it. As for rentals directly in the Village, those are hit or miss because they're all individually owned. Your best bet would be Craigslist (that's how I found mine) or maybe contacting a real estate agent that knows the area.

As for greater Liverpool, there are MANY more apartment complexes. I lived in Westminster Place for a year and had so many issues, I wouldn't recommend anyone living there. For all the problems I had, it was way too expensive. Honestly, I'd steer clear of all the complexes that are in behind the Gold's Gym on Morgan Rd. While some of them are decent, all the complexes are crammed in together (there has to be at least 10 of them back there). Some of them are Section 8/Public Assistance. I actually viewed one complex back there and the girl showed me an eviction apartment that was disgusting! I have friends that live in Eagles Point Townhomes off John Glen Blvd and they love it there. But there are so many complexes in greater Liverpool - I would check Apartmentratings.com so read reviews, etc and possibly ask questions about specific complexes.

Hope this helps!

Old 01-19-2011, 06:23 AM

93,329 posts, read 123,972,828 times
This website is great for searching for apartments: Liverpool Apartments for Rent | Liverpool NY Apartment Finder

Old 01-19-2011, 11:57 AM

As far as I can tell I was interested in the Liverpool Village area but from what I see there aren't really any apartment complexes in the Village itself they are in the surrounding area. Unless there are some that are not on any websites.

Old 01-19-2011, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb11235 View Post
As far as I can tell I was interested in the Liverpool Village area but from what I see there aren't really any apartment complexes in the Village itself they are in the surrounding area. Unless there are some that are not on any websites.
They're all literally within walking distance to the Village. Pearl St and Harborside Manor are right past Heid's (our "famous" hot dog place) and only a few blocks from the business district. Covered Bridge is on Vine St, on the Village side of the Thruway (although still not "technically" in the Village).

Old 01-19-2011, 01:19 PM

93,329 posts, read 123,972,828 times
A complex I lived in for a few years that was really nice was Clayton Manor Apartments. It has it's own fitness room and community room. It is close to the village of Liverpool, the Thruway, Wegmans Grocery store on Taft Road and isn't too far from malls, shopping, as well as I-81.

Old 01-19-2011, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becca8377 View Post
They're all literally within walking distance to the Village. Pearl St and Harborside Manor are right past Heid's (our "famous" hot dog place) and only a few blocks from the business district. Covered Bridge is on Vine St, on the Village side of the Thruway (although still not "technically" in the Village).
Problem is that none of those offer any 2 Bathroom, they are all 1 bathroom. I have started trying to find houses for rent inside of the village area but that isn't going so well.

Old 01-19-2011, 11:27 PM

655 posts, read 2,328,492 times
Default Apartments - 2 bdrm / 2 bath

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb11235 View Post
I am planning on relocating in the next 2 weeks to the Syracuse area from NYC.

I have read through many of the posts on these forums and have come to the conclusion that the best area for me would be Liverpool.

I was wondering if anyone knows of any good apartments for rent. I am looking for a 2 bedroom with 2 bathrooms, maybe a 3 bedroom if there aren't 2 bedrooms with 2 bathrooms.

Thanks.
Hello eb11235,

I've done some research for you and have found several apartment complexes for you to consider. Four of these complexes offer 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartments. I consider all of these apartment complexes to be excellent to above average for their price range.

Click on the following link lines to read the apartment information sheets.

This apartment complex is built in a landscaped park-like setting. The apartments are soundproofed and they are constructed of concrete and brick. Apartments with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms are available. There is a swimming pool and tennis court. All utilities are included in the rent: heat, electricity, air conditioning, hot water ~ these items have a price value of $150 to $200 per month. Garages are available. Wegman's Grocery Store, lots of people rave about this store, is on a nearby street just a 600 foot walk away.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/730...r-iid-44549549

This apartment complex is located at the far northern edge of the Liverpool area. Heat & hot water included in rent. An expressway for quick travel to the entire Metro area is one mile away. Very Major Multiple Shopping Plazas & Mall are only 3/4 mile to 1 mile away; walkable for some people.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/377...h-iid-60318866

This apartment complex is located in a safe nice residential neighborhood. Many different apartment layouts and price ranges are available. Apartments with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are available. There is a swimming pool. A TOPS Grocery Store and other small shops are 3/4 mile away; walkable for some people.
http://baldwinsville.olx.com/8402-th...r-iid-44549540

This apartment complex is conveniently located for easy commute to Syracuse city. Two bedroom with two bathroom apartments are available. Heat, hot water & standard TV cable included in rent. The public bus service operates on the main street just outside the complex. The buildings, landscaping and lawns are well maintained. Garages are available. Grocery shopping is a short drive away.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/300...s-iid-44549517

This apartment complex is top notch. Two bedroom with 2 bathroom apartments are available. Heat, hot water, standard TV cable & internet service is included in the rent. Garages are available.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/477...s-iid-44549552

This apartment complex is built in a park-like setting with shade trees and landscaping. Public bus service at street-side. Garages available.
http://liverpool-newyork.olx.com/475...e-iid-44558048

To see a street location map for these apartments, click on the following link line and enter the appropriate information. Then click "GET MAP"
www.mapblast.com/

I hope this information is helpful to you. These complexes are some of the best in the area.

Last edited by grdnrman; 01-19-2011 at 11:46 PM..

Old 01-20-2011, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grdnrman View Post
Hello eb11235,

I've done some research for you and have found several apartment complexes for you to consider. Four of these complexes offer 2 bedroom and 2 bathroom apartments. I consider all of these apartment complexes to be excellent to above average for their price range.

Click on the following link lines to read the apartment information sheets.

This apartment complex is built in a landscaped park-like setting. The apartments are soundproofed and they are constructed of concrete and brick. Apartments with 2 bedrooms & 2 bathrooms are available. There is a swimming pool and tennis court. All utilities are included in the rent: heat, electricity, air conditioning, hot water ~ these items have a price value of $150 to $200 per month. Garages are available. Wegman's Grocery Store, lots of people rave about this store, is on a nearby street just a 600 foot walk away.
7300 Cedarpost Road Pinecrest Manor - Liverpool - Houses - Apartments for Rent

This apartment complex is located at the far northern edge of the Liverpool area. Heat & hot water included in rent. An expressway for quick travel to the entire Metro area is one mile away. Very Major Multiple Shopping Plazas & Mall are only 3/4 mile to 1 mile away; walkable for some people.
3774 Route 31 Willow Stream Apartments North - Liverpool - Houses - Apartments for Rent

This apartment complex is located in a safe nice residential neighborhood. Many different apartment layouts and price ranges are available. Apartments with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms are available. There is a swimming pool. A TOPS Grocery Store and other small shops are 3/4 mile away; walkable for some people.
8402 Theodolite Drive Apt. 505 Kimbrook Manor - Baldwinsville - Houses - Apartments for Rent - kimbrook apartments

This apartment complex is conveniently located for easy commute to Syracuse city. Two bedroom with two bathroom apartments are available. Heat, hot water & standard TV cable included in rent. The public bus service operates on the main street just outside the complex. The buildings, landscaping and lawns are well maintained. Garages are available. Grocery shopping is a short drive away.
300 Clayton Manor Dr. South Clayton Manor Apartments - Liverpool - Houses - Apartments for Rent - heat on in apartments in nys

This apartment complex is top notch. Two bedroom with 2 bathroom apartments are available. Heat, hot water, standard TV cable & internet service is included in the rent. Garages are available.
4774 Buckley Road Ravada Hill Apartments - Liverpool - Houses - Apartments for Rent - RAVADA

This apartment complex is built in a park-like setting with shade trees and landscaping. Public bus service at street-side. Garages available.
4750 Woodard Way P-1 ABC Estate - Liverpool - Houses - Apartments for Rent - studio apartment syracuse

To see a street location map for these apartments, click on the following link line and enter the appropriate information. Then click "GET MAP"
www.mapblast.com/

I hope this information is helpful to you. These complexes are some of the best in the area.
Lots of options, but I just wanted to comment on a few of these.

I've heard many horror stories about Pinecrest Manor (it's off of Taft Rd behind the Wegman's). Besides all the bad reviews on ApartmentRatings, I also had a friend that lived there. I was looking into possibly moving in there but my friend said that management is absolutely terrible. She claimed that if they had better management, it would be great, but that it pretty much killed it - she moved out shortly thereafter.

I believe Ravada Hill and Clayton Manor were both built by the same developer and are definitely some of the nicer (and more expensive) apartments in the area. Both also offer garages for rent. I know someone who lives in Ravada Hill and they have no complaints. Clayton Manor is the next closest apt complex to the Village - it's located off of Vine St, but isn't really within walking distance like the other ones. Still, it would only be a few min drive from Clayton Manor down into the Village.

Old 01-20-2011, 12:23 PM

This just popped up

House for Rent (http://syracuse.craigslist.org/apa/2170564894.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Syracuse area