Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2009, 08:50 PM

2,142 posts, read 4,455,047 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
there are a slew of folks that work at Boeing, and live in Sainte Genevieve County, there is an organized carpool..... its a thought.
Gosh, that seems like one heckuva commute, although the traffic along I-55 can't be anywhere near as bad as southbound Highway 101 through California's Marin County and into San Francisco on a weekday morning. K-SHE is the foremost authority when it comes to things Ste. Genevieve, though.

What about commuting from Pevely? Or maybe as far south as Herculaneum or Festus? If the OP could carpool from there, that could work perhaps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2009, 08:53 PM

23,416 posts, read 37,044,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northbayeric View Post
Gosh, that seems like one heckuva commute, although the traffic along I-55 can't be anywhere near as bad as southbound Highway 101 through California's Marin County and into San Francisco on a weekday morning. K-SHE is the foremost authority when it comes to things Ste. Genevieve, though.

What about commuting from Pevely? Or maybe as far south as Herculaneum or Festus? If the OP could carpool from there, that could work perhaps.
the carpool stops there, too! Its actually a big van...... some folks come all the way from Cape on it.......thanks, NBE!

Old 01-20-2009, 09:23 PM

5,812 posts, read 18,848,476 times
We talked briefly about Ste. Genevieve in our history class today. It used to be a very important French city. It's Ste. with an "e" because Genevieve was a female Saint. In the French, the female saint is "Sainte".

I'm sure kshegirl knew that, but just a bit of info for the rest of you.

Boeing is up there by Lambert right?
Just browsing Google Maps, there appears to be some rural areas north of Hazelwood. I'm not sure if any of it is for sale. Do you want a small town, or actually like middle of nowhere? Of course that land could be owned by the airport. I wouldn't get to close to the airport, or in 20 years they might make you move out to build a runway they never actually use (see Carrollton).

Last edited by STLCardsBlues1989; 01-20-2009 at 09:54 PM..

Old 01-20-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post
We talked briefly about Ste. Genevieve in our history class today. It used to be a very important French city. It's Ste. with an "e" because Genevieve was a female Saint. In the French, the female saint is "Sainte".

I'm sure kshegirl knew that, but just a bit of info for the rest of you.
what else did they have to say about my hometown? Would love to hear what they are teaching about it in school.

Old 01-20-2009, 09:57 PM

Basically they were filming in the home of a rich Frenchman who lived there. And they were talking about Ste. Genevieve's importance in trading. I forget what else they said. But they spent a few minutes filming from Ste. Genevieve. The film was an old series on television with Alistair Cook from the 70s. I think this was the first episode.

Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM

was it the one where they followed a girl in period costume walking into, or out of the house? If it was, that was me, no kidding!

Old 01-20-2009, 10:52 PM

No. The Host Alistair Cook was just walking through the Old French house, talking about the city.

This is the series:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America..._United_States
The episode: The New Found Land had the Ste. Genevieve part.

Old 01-21-2009, 07:49 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,658,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalnutPark829 View Post
check out unincorporated florissant (63034) plenty of areas in the old halls ferry, douglas road, vaile, old jamestown etc. areas with acreage and horses and also very near boeing and within the $200,000 price range.
Best advice I've seen. I didn't realize how many options the OP would have up there.

Old 01-21-2009, 11:05 AM

7 posts, read 13,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by STLCardsBlues1989 View Post

Boeing is up there by Lambert right?
Just browsing Google Maps, there appears to be some rural areas north of Hazelwood. I'm not sure if any of it is for sale. Do you want a small town, or actually like middle of nowhere? Of course that land could be owned by the airport. I wouldn't get to close to the airport, or in 20 years they might make you move out to build a runway they never actually use (see Carrollton).
Ye, I think it's just south of the airport. I'm just looking for enough space for my 2 horses and 3 large dogs. So would I find more hills and trees and less flatness of the land if I go South?

Old 01-21-2009, 11:17 AM

Probably. The Ozarks are to the southwest of St. Louis, but I'm not sure how far southwest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis