Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2008, 10:10 AM

3 posts, read 25,692 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are new to St Louis and have just bought a home. We are looking for a good, reputable, monitored burglar alarm system. We are thinking of going with Brinks or American Burglary and Fire (ABF). Does anyone have any comments or recommendations?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2008, 10:04 AM

4 posts, read 23,939 times
Default Stick with a big company

I used to be in this industry and although I do not know of a local company, I would definitely look at a bigger company like a Brinks or ADT b/c they do their own inhouse monitoring. The most important thing to inquire about is the monitoring system - who is doing the monitoring for your home. If you go with a smaller company chances are they do not do ,they outsouce which means also that they could possibly sell off your contract as well. Most of the actual hardware or wireless systems are the same. Find a good company with a good monitoring company with a proven positive response time. I have been happy with ADT. Best of luck to you.

Old 03-11-2008, 01:49 PM

2 posts, read 17,070 times
While a good burglar alarm system is a good step in the direction of personal safety for you and your family and your belongings, first make sure you have tightened security in other ways. Make sure all locks have strong kick plates. Make sure alll windows and doors are always locked. Make sure you have good lighting for the entire perimeter of your residence. The cost of installing a home security system is usually zero, but the monthly service charges add up quickly. If you feel comfortable with the responsibility, I suggest a reliable firearm, either a shotgun or a revolver and an investment of a firearms safety class and a bi monthly trip to the range. Otherwise, visit your local police department and ask the sergeant for more information.

Old 03-15-2008, 11:13 PM

3 posts, read 25,692 times
Thanks for the info. We are probably going to go with Brinks (and a shotgun).

Old 12-23-2008, 06:59 PM

1 posts, read 11,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Dragon View Post
My wife and I are new to St Louis and have just bought a home. We are looking for a good, reputable, monitored burglar alarm system. We are thinking of going with Brinks or American Burglary and Fire (ABF). Does anyone have any comments or recommendations?

Thanks
Check out Premier Protection Security 877.371.9777

[URL="http://www.ppsalarm.com"]www.ppsalarm.com[/URL]

Great products at Great prices. Quality and reliable servce.

Old 12-28-2008, 07:48 PM

62 posts, read 162,598 times
ADT or Interface. They are STL industry leaders and do their own monitoring. I have a combined 7 years experience in the industry... they know what they are doing.

Old 01-16-2009, 10:16 AM

2,404 posts, read 6,273,413 times
We have BIG dogs (Rottweilers) & guns. No need for a alarm company.

Old 04-01-2009, 06:56 PM

1 posts, read 10,860 times
I heard that Interface in St Louis MO was the best...they have 25 offices around tha country and the have their own local monitoring!

Old 08-25-2009, 02:00 PM

1 posts, read 10,157 times
Thumbs up ABF Security is tops in my book

My recommendation is ABF (American Burglary & Fire) Security in Fenton. I have had my system through them for 5 years now and could not be happier.

Old 08-26-2009, 10:52 AM

10 posts, read 79,076 times
We use ABF. No complaints. I'm almost 100% sure they do their own monitoring.

We used to use ADT. Did not like them that much. No major complaints, just not customer friendly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis