Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2009, 02:09 PM

5 posts, read 12,939 times

Advertisements

There's a lot of misinformation being kicked around here. To say that Hazelwood is barely safer than East St. Louis is just absurd.

WE HAVE BLACK PEOPLE IN NORTH COUNTY. So what. It's not a secret. But it also doesn't mean that all the schools are horrible, everyone is poor, and crime is rampant. Believe it or not, some of us CHOOSE to live here because we enjoy having diverse neighbors. We don't want to live in an all-white community.

International, I don't know what your budget is, but there are many places in North County that are safe and pleasant places to live. Riverwood Trails in Hazelwood is a lovely subdivision. You can also find nice homes in Florissant, Ferguson, Maryland Heights, Bridgeton and Calverton Park that would be convenient to your job.

I write a blog about North County (www.NOCOstl.com) and the area has a lot more to offer than this thread would have you believe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2009, 06:50 PM

200 posts, read 632,897 times
Love the blog, it's funny how people give ALL of North County a bad rep, if they only knew. One of my favorite things to do is reading business related books/magazines under a tree at Sioux Passage Park were the Missouri and Mississippi River meets during the summer.

Old 10-15-2009, 09:36 PM

4,677 posts, read 5,768,085 times
I lived in Hazelwood very near the parking where the shooting occurred that Seiryoku is talking about.
The problem is literally just that parking lot, and its because there is a night school there. The parking lot is isolated off from residential areas by 270 and lindbergh and the problem does not spread outside that parking lot.

Old 10-21-2009, 09:38 AM

5 posts, read 12,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlsmoore View Post
Love the blog, it's funny how people give ALL of North County a bad rep, if they only knew. One of my favorite things to do is reading business related books/magazines under a tree at Sioux Passage Park were the Missouri and Mississippi River meets during the summer.
I'm also a Sioux Passage book reader. It's so peaceful there.

Thanks for checking out my blog. It's brand new but already the response has been wonderful. I think there are lots of people in North County who are eager to share the good news that's happening in our community. It's a great place, and it doesn't deserve to be kicked around all the time.

Old 10-21-2009, 06:51 PM

270 posts, read 656,193 times
Some of us just don't feel the need to move somewhere just to prove we can do so and try to force it to work. We know we could do so, but we just do not find it desirable to do so! It's hard to deny there is a certain amount of classism that many of us partake in, but there are also legitimate reasons while people may wish to avoid the area (such as the school system and keeping a further distance between the criminal element and children)

There are plenty of nice WestCO homes for a half mil or less, sure, I could get more house for the money elsewhere.... but it's not like I am dropping millions here. Through networking with neighbors alone, I've saved money over having lived in a less expensive community. Cheaper isn't always a better deal financially or otherwise over the long haul. As long as people are getting called racial slurs and attacked on school buses, I think I'll be recommending hazelwood only to my enemies!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis