Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2007, 11:24 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,805,645 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbud View Post
I can't imagine a native Californian being comfortable anywhere in Missouri. I live in an area with many Californians who have fled the state. There are no INnOUTS, no Trader Joes, no Pacific Ocean, ... just 4 real seasons with all of the extremes in weather that those seasons bring, and lovely conservertive people with midwestern to southern manners, roots, and demeanor who don't want their , real estate, cities, towns, and way of life destroyed by the California Exodis that has recently destroyed states like Colorado, Arizona, Washington, etc.
First, INnOUt Burgers are highly overrated. And Trader Joes does exist in STL. Not a big fan of them either. Can't help you with the Ocean....I'd like one in STL too.

Some people like 4 seasons and some don't. Hope you don't currently live in Malibu...with all of the shutdowns and fires. (Although I love Malibu and have spent my share of time at Duke's)

Some people in STL are conservative, some are liberal and some are moderate. Stl doesn't have much in common with the rest of Missouri.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2007, 04:34 PM

635 posts, read 1,747,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ;1728726
So just for fun... I went on weather.com and compared St. Louis weather and San Diego weather for today... Today will be a high of 81 in StL with max humidity of 45%, and San Diego will be a high of 69 with max humidity of 71%. I kind of like 81 with low humidity because I don't have to wear a jacket.
I apologize for any offense taken towards my comments, I hope you can accept my apology and be forgiving. My comments will now be anonymous.

-I don't know to many people who wear jackets when it's 69 degrees?
-The humidity level flunctuates based on temperature, it's the dew point reading which measures relative humidity.
- I love optimism but let's be real, St. Louis is brutally humid in the summer. I like this, but many people do not have the same affection for humidity and BUGS.

Old 10-22-2007, 06:00 PM

115 posts, read 481,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishtacos View Post
First, INnOUt Burgers are highly overrated. And Trader Joes does exist in STL. Not a big fan of them either. Can't help you with the Ocean....I'd like one in STL too.

Some people like 4 seasons and some don't. Hope you don't currently live in Malibu...with all of the shutdowns and fires. (Although I love Malibu and have spent my share of time at Duke's)

Some people in STL are conservative, some are liberal and some are moderate. Stl doesn't have much in common with the rest of Missouri.
I'm calling shenanigans on your In N Out Burger comment. Easily the best burger in fast food.....imo. Now their fries leave a bit to be desired....but at least you know they're fresh.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:36 PM

275 posts, read 1,125,271 times
Thanks! Accepted! And I agree... St. Louis area can be miserably hot. If someone is intolerable of hot weather, it might not be the best location. I just hibernate in my air conditioning and wait anxiously for the Fall!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
I apologize for any offense taken towards my comments, I hope you can accept my apology and be forgiving. My comments will now be anonymous.

-I don't know to many people who wear jackets when it's 69 degrees?
-The humidity level flunctuates based on temperature, it's the dew point reading which measures relative humidity.
- I love optimism but let's be real, St. Louis is brutally humid in the summer. I like this, but many people do not have the same affection for humidity and BUGS.

Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 PM

275 posts, read 1,125,271 times
Got that right Juice! I love where I live, and I love St. Louis! Thanks for the props and support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice13610 View Post
I have never seen CellarBelle advertise her real estate services on this forum. She is a true lover of Edwardsville, her home town in metro-east St. Louis.

Have you seen the posts about activities she is involved in? Such as the hockey league her young son is in, her love for the St. Louis Blues, her love for one of the best school districts in Illinois (Edwardsville), or the mothers outing group she is a part of? What exactly do you know about her?

You are a newcomer so my suggestion would be to look around and read the forum a bit and see what CellarBelle is like in other posts before you start judging. Nice nickname for someone who is so incredibly rude and judgemental. You aren't going to make many friends on this forum with a pitiful attitude like that.

Old 10-22-2007, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvedderbest View Post
I'm calling shenanigans on your In N Out Burger comment. Easily the best burger in fast food.....imo. Now their fries leave a bit to be desired....but at least you know they're fresh.
I'll take a Kopp's burger over it any day.

Old 10-23-2007, 08:05 AM

33 posts, read 184,427 times
Default humidity in stl

I think I can handle 45% humidity there with ease. It's the end of October and today in Orlando we are looking at lows in the 90's and over 80% humidity. Usually in the summer it's high 90's and 100% humidity. 70 or 80 degree weather sounds awesome right about now.

Old 10-23-2007, 03:29 PM

This past Sunday in STL was 85 warm, hot, comfortable, breezy, cloudless bright sun.....Monday was 50 and rain....Tuesday sunny and 70......

That ought to sum it up for ya. That's midwest weather ....always changing.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:58 AM

285 posts, read 1,068,558 times
Don't forget running the A/C and heat in the same day!

Old 10-30-2007, 06:11 PM

47 posts, read 162,942 times
I would never recommend a move from CA to MO - ever. I live in MO and would give my right arm to be able to make it out in Cali!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis