Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 AM

61 posts, read 164,092 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are headed to Chesterfield for my friend's wedding. May 27th-30th. Kids are staying behind with my mother-in-law

What are some things the hubs and I can do? I asked the hotel and she said "Well, the mall is within walking distance!" GAG! I don't want to mall rat. I want to do something!

Last year, we stopped in STL on our way home from Chicago and did the touristy, downtown, gateway thing. So, we really don't want to do that again.

The closer to Chesterfield, the better. THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2011, 09:11 AM

1,563 posts, read 3,872,692 times
Laumeier Sculpture Park: Home | Laumeier Sculpture Park not too far from Chesterfield
Frank Lloyd Wright House: http://www.ebsworthpark.org/
-The problem is Chesterfield is a far out suburb, not a ton of sights to see.
-If you can, take a trip into the city and do the City Garden: Citygarden - An urban oasis in downtown St. Louis
-Budweiser Brewery: Anheuser-Busch Brewery Tour Home Page
-A must do in STL is lunch at Blueberry Hill on the Loop, while you are down there, there are a lot a little shops. Blueberry Hill. Go across the street to Fitz's and grab a rootbeer float
-Schlafly is having a Porksteak festival that weekend: May, 2011 | Events Calendar | Schlafly Beer
-The cardinals are playing in town on the 30th
-Have fun!

Old 05-21-2011, 09:37 AM

3,635 posts, read 10,747,321 times
Did you go to Forest Park last time? A lot of tourists miss out on it because it's not downtown. It's only 20 minutes or so from Chesterfield.

Old 05-21-2011, 07:03 PM

61 posts, read 164,092 times
Thanks! I will look into both of your suggestions.

When I googled Chesterfield attractions, I was directed to a butterfly farm. Now, I do love butterflies. But this is a weekend without the kids. Annnnnd, we have one in New Orleans, close to where I live.

Old 05-21-2011, 11:33 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,365 times
St. Louis has a really great nightlife scene, but not much close to the far flung suburb of Chesterfield. Your closest entertainment district is Main Street St. Charles. Lots of bars, shops, night clubs, brewery etc. Check it out.

The Butterfly house is somewhere you go with the little one or take granny.

If you're from New Orleans, you can probably appreciate history, architecture, and jazz/blues music. In that respect, St. Louis is on par with New Orleans but you'd have to travel into the city. let me know if you'd like suggs.

Old 05-22-2011, 10:29 PM

264 posts, read 700,368 times
Chesterfield is not really a far flung suburb and while its not really the Delmar loop, there's enough fun for a night's visit.

Old 05-23-2011, 01:34 PM

1,521 posts, read 3,598,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DespicableMe View Post
Chesterfield is not really a far flung suburb and while its not really the Delmar loop, there's enough fun for a night's visit.
It's 35 minutes without traffic from Chesterfield Mall to the Arch. I spent much of teen years out there. It's a beautiful area. But besides Harpos and Billiards where would you go? Fox and Hound in the Valley? How often do you hear people say, I'm going out in Chesterfield tonigh. Let's be honest here.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:26 PM

327 posts, read 968,611 times
My suggestion would be to go to the Missouri Botanical Garden. It is rated the #1 botanical garden in the world. (I hope this stat is correct, possibly in the U.S.) If you are from New Orleans, you will appreciate its beauty.

No, it's not in Chesterfield, but it is a very easy drive to the garden. Other than the butterfly house, your only other options in Chesterfield would be shopping, eating out, and a movie.

www.mobot.org

Old 05-23-2011, 02:44 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,621,105 times
^It's certainly the best I've ever seen, and it's also got the distinction of being the nation's oldest botanical garden in continuous operation and a National Historic Landmark.

Old 05-23-2011, 06:02 PM

264 posts, read 700,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moorlander View Post
It's 35 minutes without traffic from Chesterfield Mall to the Arch. I spent much of teen years out there. It's a beautiful area. But besides Harpos and Billiards where would you go? Fox and Hound in the Valley? How often do you hear people say, I'm going out in Chesterfield tonigh. Let's be honest here.
Its not necessarily fun for you and me but for a couple there's a bunch of ethnic restaurants to eat at, there's iTap near chesterfield airport road, Kemp auto meuseum and faust park isn't half bad for a walk.

I hated the 6 months I lived there but it isn't half bad for someone that doesn't seek the hustle of say a place like Maryland ave or Wash Ave on weekends.

It also takes no more than 20 mins to reach Clayton or Central West End on a weekend evening.

Its nearly impossible to get around without a car though, I will say that and if you do have a car and don't mind driving you'd rather be close to the city for fun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis