Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:01 PM

7 posts, read 19,841 times

Advertisements

We're seriously considering a home in Chesterfield. Any thoughts on this area? What about swim clubs? The neighborhood doesn't have a pool, and we're hesitant to build one. Any suggestions? Also...good United Methodist Church and sports associations in Chesterfield? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 08:21 PM

19 posts, read 78,647 times
Chesterfield is probably the largest and most succesful city it's size in STL . Huge tax base from retail , the tax base is amazing , the area is recession proof at this time . The city is actually cutting home property taxes since they have so much money . Most subdivisions do not have pools since most have 400 K to 1 Million dollar homes that want their own pool . The city does have a pool and Ballwin which is next door has a real nice water park .
They also have a huge sports park under construction and operating . If you have the budget and want suburb life style , it is probably the place to live in STL . Although it is pricey and shops and homes are all geared to high end life style . O'fallon right across the river is quite nice too . It is split though , you want to stay on the Highway 40 side , not the HWY 70 side .

Old 05-22-2008, 11:19 AM

7 posts, read 24,070 times
stlcle's post is spot on.
I used to live there...it's pretty far from downtown (on the edge of West County) but is the nicest suburb in the city IMO. The homes are anywhere from small to huge, so you can find something that fits within your budget. It's kind of a mix between older homes and newer homes, and it is a very pretty, woodsy area. It is mostly middle-to-upper class though, and is growing richer. They also keep building new shops and restaurants in the area.

Old 05-22-2008, 12:17 PM

12,063 posts, read 31,638,868 times
As long as you're OK with driving everywhere, then Chesterfield could be a good fit. It's a very "sprawly" suburb in that there's not a downtown center or any real central base of operations.

But the natural beauty of the area is a definite plus for the area as well as the great schools and large (and ever growing) tax base.

Old 05-22-2008, 05:51 PM

1,869 posts, read 5,805,645 times
[quote=aragx6;3849899]As long as you're OK with driving everywhere, then Chesterfield could be a good fit. It's a very "sprawly" suburb in that there's not a downtown center or any real central base of operations.

This is true. But they are trying to build a downtown Chesterfield area as we speak behind Chesterfield Mall. We'll see what happens.

Old 05-23-2008, 08:45 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,638,868 times
I'm sort of of the opinion that one can't just build a downtown so long after the fact, but it's certainly an interesting experience.

And as I said I certainly didn't want that to come out as me bashing Chesterfield; I have very strong ties to the area. But it really is for pure suburbanites because it does have much more of that outer-ring suburb feel as opposed to some other outer-ring suburbs such as Kirkwood and St. Charles.

Old 05-24-2008, 10:33 PM

40 posts, read 144,901 times
Default I'm living there now...

...and love it. Our subdivision (River Bend Estates) is older (30-40 years)and does have a community pool and tennis. Large lots, heavily wooded, very private, yet "close-in" to Creve Coeur, Clayton, Ladue, etc. There is old Chesterfield off of Olive/Clarkson and newer Chesterfield; generally south of US 40/I-64. The cheapest homes in our neighborhood are in the $350-400k range; many others are in the $600-800k range with some over a million. Excellent public schools in Parkway Central which serves our neighborhood I know PC high and middle; both have been great for our teens. Loads of local dining and shopping options, and it's a tolerable 30-45 minute drive downtown for pro sports and nightlife. Chesterfield is very family oriented and is a very strong value.

Old 05-25-2008, 11:45 PM

200 posts, read 633,108 times
I'll end up moving there eventually I bet...probably in 10 years or so

Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 AM

1,869 posts, read 5,805,645 times
It's good to have a variety and something for everyone. Some places might not be "for me" but they might be for someone else. And vice versa.

Old 05-28-2008, 10:57 PM

386 posts, read 1,693,431 times
Absolutely love the area. It is by far the most upstart and vibrant part of the metro area--and a lot of that comes through investment by local businesses and community groups trying to make Chesterfield as viable an option for newcomers and new businesses as the rest of St. Louis.

Chesterfield sees itself as a "pole" of sorts--a new downtown. It continues to grow and you'll see more stuff like pools, community centers, etc. as time goes on. It's a very new city--with the valley and surrounding neighborhoods being built up only after the '93 floods. Property values will continue to increase so it's a fantastic real estate investment.

There's lots going on here and lots to be excited about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Missouri > St. Louis