Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Yesterday, 12:54 PM

624 posts, read 338,086 times

Advertisements

Rory got what he was due. Big mouth of hate who needs to learn life is about humans who are worthy of respect no matter what they believe. Hate is poison which wil btring bad karma to those hating other humans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM

11,045 posts, read 4,480,492 times
Its so ironic that in the final round, Rory holed the longest putts of the US Open and then missed the shortest I've ever seen him miss.
I knew the US Open would be unpredictable, but this really took it to a new level.
Apart from those 2 short putts, this is probably the best round he's ever played, 69 that would have been a 67 if he made those 4-footers, on the most difficult course in the world.

Old Today, 05:25 AM

6,613 posts, read 11,376,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw222 View Post
Rory got what he was due. Big mouth of hate who needs to learn life is about humans who are worthy of respect no matter what they believe. Hate is poison which wil btring bad karma to those hating other humans.
The comment is full of irony....

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAGAalot View Post
Its so ironic that in the final round, Rory holed the longest putts of the US Open and then missed the shortest I've ever seen him miss.
I knew the US Open would be unpredictable, but this really took it to a new level.
Apart from those 2 short putts, this is probably the best round he's ever played, 69 that would have been a 67 if he made those 4-footers, on the most difficult course in the world.
I think the 2011 US Open Rory would disagree. While it was on a rain soaked Congressional - he put on a pin hunting clinic that resulted in the biggest win margin since Tiger's 2000 "perfect" performance.
But - each tournament is on its own.

That's the thing with all these majors - with so much on the line, unpredictability is often what makes them so good to watch if the scores are close. This ending is reminiscent of DJ at Chambers Bay. And interestingly enough - he came back the next year and won it at Oakmont. Guess where the US Open is in 2025??!

Old Today, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macroy View Post
I think the 2011 US Open Rory would disagree. While it was on a rain soaked Congressional - he put on a pin hunting clinic that resulted in the biggest win margin since Tiger's 2000 "perfect" performance.
But - each tournament is on its own.
Just depends on the degree of difficulty of playing the final round, compared to the other 3 rounds.
I'd say the challenge mentally and even physically, makes the low score of a final round more impressive than others.
He shot 69 in the Final Round of 2011, and 2024, so its close.

Old Today, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Just depends on the degree of difficulty of playing the final round, compared to the other 3 rounds.
I'd say the challenge mentally and even physically, makes the low score of a final round more impressive than others.
He shot 69 in the Final Round of 2011, and 2024, so its close.
I agree he was playing a great round, hitting fairways and chipping and putting like a wizard until the pressure of the moment resulted in missing 2 short sure make putts.

Old Today, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw222 View Post
I agree he was playing a great round, hitting fairways and chipping and putting like a wizard until the pressure of the moment resulted in missing 2 short sure make putts.
Yep, he really lifted his game, making a several very long putts that he'd been missing in the prior rounds.
Amazing how routine those 4-footers were, and he wouldn't even need a playoff if he'd sunk both.
DeChambeau also missed a short putt, but not two of them...
Maybe the division between Rory and the Liv tour, added some extra feeling to his putts.
The extra intensity maybe helped him for a while, but sometimes intensity just becomes tenseness.

Old Today, 08:17 AM

6,613 posts, read 11,376,028 times
Quote:
Yep, he really lifted his game, making a several very long putts that he'd been missing in the prior rounds.
Amazing how routine those 4-footers were, and he wouldn't even need a playoff if he'd sunk both.
DeChambeau also missed a short putt, but not two of them...
Maybe the division between Rory and the Liv tour, added some extra feeling to his putts.
The extra intensity maybe helped him for a while, but sometimes intensity just becomes tenseness.
That putt on 18 is much harder than most people give it credit for. A down hill slider that you couldn't just ram in. He was aiming outside left edge and it broke more than a cup.... IMO - his mistake wasn't the putt. It was taking driver on that hole. An iron or 3W would have put him on the fairway with a PW at the most for him.

That said - you have to give Bryson props for that up and down. One of the hardest shots in golf and he executed it perfectly.

Old Today, 08:42 AM

Irony is Shane asking for kindness toward Rory after this gutting defeat. Why did Rory think it was ok to treat Liv golfers with hate not kindness? I don’t see forgiveness for Rory absence a total apology for being the jerk he was along with a few notable others mentioned in op.

I don’t hate Rory but feel karma is at work. I’m no longer a fan of Rory and lost respect for him after seeing his cancel culture treatment of others. I hate cancel culture but not people who wrongly use it to attack other humans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports