Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2014, 07:23 AM

2,222 posts, read 3,606,367 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
Early Six Nations prediction:

1. Wales

2. England

3. France

4. Ireland

5. Scotland

6. Italy
Well the Six Nations is two weeks away, and my prediction remains the same. You guys?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2014, 09:11 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,860,537 times
Wales
France
England
Scotland
Ireland
Italy

Old 01-20-2014, 11:03 AM

Dusautoir out for France- that might affect the final standings. Also where's Geoff Parling for England, is he injured?

Old 01-23-2014, 05:22 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,442,165 times
winner France
2) Wales
3) England
4) Ireland
5) Italy
wooden spoon Scotland

Old 01-25-2014, 04:57 PM

586 posts, read 832,260 times
Homepage | 2014 Championship : RBS 6 Nations | Official Website
Planet Rugby | Rugby Union Tournaments | Six Nations

Here, for what they're worth, are my probably useless predictions for the final table.

Wales
England
France
Ireland
Italy
Scotland

I'm basing Italy above Scotland solely on Italy being at home when they meet. I think they'll both most probably lose all their other games but Italy should win at home.

Wales are I feel still the quality side in the competition with England being strong but not strong enough and maybe only losing the one game to Wales. France will, maybe, beat Ireland but should beat Italy and Scotland with Ireland beating them also. I'm loathe to count Ireland out completely and they could finish 3rd or maybe 2nd depending on how the games away at Twickenham and Stade de France go though I think 4th will be it. I don't believe France have the quality this year to oppose the top 2 (sadly) as the squad is rebuilding and pretty injury hit. Whilst Scotland are still improving I don't think they've the quality in depth to mount a challenge for anything other than 4th at best and as for Italy... they always have a chance at home.

So, that's what I think and where I think they'll come with the bottom 2 of Italy and Scotland being interchangeable(ish).

Last edited by Mr Blue Sky; 01-25-2014 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: ... correction

Old 02-01-2014, 06:53 PM

Well I'm genuinely shocked about France beating England today ...

Old 02-04-2014, 07:56 AM

586 posts, read 832,260 times
My thoughts on the weekend.

France v England:
France played better than I expected them too, they were more resilient and probably less error ridden than in the past and I think plenty of France supporters (me included) were surprised and impressed that we had a team that played right until the final whistle. England played well and i'd have to say on the balance of play probably deserved to win, too many handling errors though.

Wales v Italy: It was a pretty good game with Italy showing that they're a decent rugby playing side and they had a half-chance at winning the match. Wales were solid but lacking in the flair of the last couple of seasons but as it's the first game we'll have to wait and see if they get into the swing of things.

Ireland v Scotland: Plenty of endeavour from the Scots but no real cutting edge, sadly they look the same as the last few years. They just didn't look like they were going to get a try. Ireland were solid, not many mistakes but not a lot of width or flair, again, quite a few errors from them which will need to be sorted for the next few matches.

A good first weekend with only the one half surprise and a short turn around until the next matches. Should be good.

Old 02-04-2014, 09:13 AM

7,956 posts, read 11,860,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Blue Sky View Post
Ireland v Scotland: Plenty of endeavour from the Scots but no real cutting edge
My thoughts exactly. We need more than 2 teams to up our pool of talent.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:16 PM

So the fixtures look pretty predictable this weekend, but Ireland might make things interesting at home against Wales.

Old 02-09-2014, 04:05 AM

7,453 posts, read 13,442,165 times
Ireland are on fire. Have not looked back after nearly beating the All Blacks. Fully expect them to stun England at Twickers next week.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports