Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2012, 11:14 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,550,819 times

Advertisements

Both were cheaters all right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 04:10 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,310,060 times
The bigger fall was Tiger because he was revered as Michael Jordan like. I feel he was somewhat protected by the golfing community though because he is a black man in a notoriously white identified racist sport. If feel if the golfing community would have disowned Tiger the racial tension would have soared. Proof being that Tiger is connected to performance enhancement. Given his status, all was ignored.

Lance is feeling the most pain because he is a jerk, arrogant and cheated at some severe levels. Rightfully so, he is being banned, sued, etc.

At least, Tiger can compete. I complain because i dont feel a full investigation was completed on Tiger's cheating. At the same time, i wish sports would legalize performance enhancement because these silly investigations are a complete waste of our resources.

Old 11-02-2012, 10:47 AM

13,520 posts, read 22,152,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
The bigger fall was Tiger because he was revered as Michael Jordan like. I feel he was somewhat protected by the golfing community though because he is a black man in a notoriously white identified racist sport. If feel if the golfing community would have disowned Tiger the racial tension would have soared. Proof being that Tiger is connected to performance enhancement. Given his status, all was ignored.

Maybe because golf isn't seen as a real "sport" where PEDs would have a real huge effect.

Old 11-02-2012, 05:49 PM

9,825 posts, read 11,567,120 times
Tiger without a doubt.
Lance hasn't even admitted anything yet!

Old 11-06-2012, 06:47 AM

6,593 posts, read 11,304,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post

Lance is feeling the most pain because he is a jerk, arrogant and cheated at some severe levels. Rightfully so, he is being banned, sued, etc.

At least, Tiger can compete. I complain because i dont feel a full investigation was completed on Tiger's cheating. At the same time, i wish sports would legalize performance enhancement because these silly investigations are a complete waste of our resources.
^^This is more of who "should have fallen more" in ones opinion. No argument there since everyone is entitled to their opinion. However, outside of accusations or allegations - Lance Armstrong's celebrity career is now over. He now has no Tour de France wins, he's pretty much lost all of his major sponsors, and probably will no longer be an olympic medalist. In essence, everything he's done that has brought him the fame and fortune is either lost, or has been tainted.

Tiger on the other hand - is no longer the intimidating figure he once was on the course (albeit many fans of golf will say that was already starting to happen given the new breed of golfers and his ongoing health issues), and he's certainly lost a lot of fans due to his infidelity. That said, he still retains all of his wins, is the 2nd most accomplished golfer ever based on stats, and is still active in his career and making a climb. He is the #2 ranked golfer currently, and is still one of the most watched/followed golfer out there. Not to mention is still one of the highest paid athletes.

Old 11-06-2012, 06:49 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,422,020 times
Lance.
I heard them talking about this on the radio...and I tend to agree.
Tiger cheated on his wife. BFD. Lance cheated the sport. That is a no no.

Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM

13,714 posts, read 31,202,323 times
Lance by far. Tiger has not regained his peak form, but he didn't cheat in his sport. None of his wins or titles were obtained wrongfully. Tiger lost some public respect, lost some sponsors, but he is still a good to great golfer with a chance to return to form.

Lance was already the worlds most famous cyclist and one of the few that were in the "greatest of all time" discussion (with Eddie Merckx). Lance achieved something highly unlikely to ever by repeated. And it was all lost. Almost everything has been negated. His finances are forever changed. He has no chance of ever making people forget what happened to him.

Old 11-11-2012, 09:23 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,924,900 times
Tiger because Armstrong was retired.What can they really do after thsi long;no one really cares about dogging the mosttested athlete in history.

Old 11-14-2012, 07:30 AM

1,624 posts, read 4,871,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texdav View Post
Tiger because Armstrong was retired.What can they really do after thsi long;no one really cares about dogging the mosttested athlete in history.
He isn't the most tested athlete of all time. That's Team Lance PR BS that he has never provided substantiation upon challenge. The USADA report estimates he's been tested about 200+ times, which is around average for elite cyclists of that era for a 15+ career. Lance didn't ride a full pro tour (he concentrated on the Tour de France and smaller races used as training for the Tour de France) and many riders that rode the full Pro Tour like George Hincapie who had a long career were likely tested more often.

Also, Lance wasn't fully retired, he still competes in competitive marathons and triathlelons and had a financial interest in Team Radio Shack.

Though I agree Tiger had the bigger fall because he had a much bigger Q rating than Lance and transcended a sport that is much more popular world wide. Now he's just a very good golfer, not the living legend people thought of before and never will again.

Old 12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
JL

8,522 posts, read 14,550,819 times
This is really easy, not sure why anyone would even ask...Tiger still gets to compete in majors while Lance will never get to compete in any major tour event....heck, if i'm correct, he can't even compete in local events from what i read somewhere...he was recently denied in a marathon running race i believe too..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports