Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2012, 09:59 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,732 times

Advertisements

"Welcome to SportsCenter everyone, thanks for tuning in. Even though the Colorado Rockies just came back to win in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs from being down by 20 to the Kansas City Royals, those are small market teams, so we're going to start the show off by talking about what each New York Yankees player did on their day off today. So here we go. Derek Jeter...."

That's my impression of SportsCenter during baseball season. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2012, 10:00 PM
FBJ FBJ started this thread

39,605 posts, read 59,003,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobucks86 View Post
"Welcome to SportsCenter everyone, thanks for tuning in. Even though the Colorado Rockies just came back to win in the bottom of the 9th with 2 outs from being down by 20 to the Kansas City Royals, those are small market teams, so we're going to start the show off by talking about what each New York Yankees player did on their day off today. So here we go. Derek Jeter...."

That's my impression of SportsCenter during baseball season. Ugh.
That's Mainly because ESPN headquarters is in between NEW YORK and BOSTON

Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 PM

1,561 posts, read 2,257,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
That's Mainly because ESPN headquarters is in between NEW YORK and BOSTON
Regardless, its ridiculous. No way around the fact their a bunch of big market homers on the network.

Old 03-15-2012, 10:12 PM

Quote:
Regardless, its ridiculous. No way around the fact their a bunch of big market homers on the network.
I agree because i get tired of them talking about the PHILLIES all during the show. And during football season, they only talk about the BIG MARKET TEAMS. They didn't even talk about the Packers because of being in a small market like Green Bay

Just the Eagles, Pats, Giants Jets, and Ravens

Old 03-19-2012, 03:46 PM

7,554 posts, read 7,100,217 times
Around the Horn is all I watch

oh and bits of Mike and Mike when I'm off

thats it

Old 03-22-2012, 12:22 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,164,944 times
Quote:
I like SportsNation, just because they don't take themselves seriously and its fairly entertaining. Around the Horn is good as well to me, though I know many people don't like it.

I can't stand SportsCenter anymore, used to love in when I was younger in the 90's and early 2000's. Its turned into a horrible product for a number of reasons in my opinion.
SportsNation is enjoyable. The specials like Magic's Announcement are good.

SportsCenter serves its purpose in getting the news out. At times they super saturate certain news stories.

Old 03-22-2012, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
SportsNation is enjoyable. The specials like Magic's Announcement are good.

SportsCenter serves its purpose in getting the news out. At times they super saturate certain news stories.
The SportsCenter at 6pm is more watchable and fun to watch instead of the 11pm and 1am Sportscenter but I;m not sure why. I have to look closely at this tonight and figure out why

Old 04-17-2012, 04:34 PM

2,217 posts, read 3,901,222 times
First Take and NFL Countdown.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:58 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,660,560 times
PTI is probably my favorite show..
30 for 30 is a good series.
Both the NFL Network and ESPN had over 3 hours of NFL Schedule stuff last night. STUPID. Just give me the schedule and go away.. what a joke.

Old 04-21-2012, 07:54 PM

5,864 posts, read 4,978,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TVandSportsGuy View Post
I agree because i get tired of them talking about the PHILLIES all during the show. And during football season, they only talk about the BIG MARKET TEAMS. They didn't even talk about the Packers because of being in a small market like Green Bay

Just the Eagles, Pats, Giants Jets, and Ravens
I had to stop watching ESPN because I got tired of nothing but east coast big market homerism 24/7 going on. During baseball season they might as well be an affiliate of the Phillies because they root for them all year long. And if they're not cheerleading for Philly they're rooting for the Yanks or the Red Sox. Don't even get me started on football season. It should be renamed NFC East News Network.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports