Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2011, 07:52 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,921,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
ouch! hope you're feeling better soon.
I havent come off the bike that badly before ~ plenty of close scares.

many bruises?
I just had a concussion and some bruising on elbow, and butt cheek. not as bad as the last time, when I caught some uneven pavement. Still a little foggy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2011, 07:56 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,247,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
I just had a concussion and some bruising on elbow, and butt cheek. not as bad as the last time, when I caught some uneven pavement. Still a little foggy.
hmm foggy is not good.... how many days?
oh uneven pavement is a killer.... nothing like hitting that without being ready for it...

I gotta get back on the bike, but riding in Sydney is like having a death warrant

Old 07-18-2011, 08:11 PM

8,734 posts, read 13,921,568 times
It happened yesterday. like I said not as bad as the last time a couple of years ago. I was in the hospital for 3 days back then, I just don't remember much from this time, that is what I meant about foggy. I was in the ER for only 4 hours and sent on my way.

Old 07-18-2011, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanTerra View Post
It happened yesterday. like I said not as bad as the last time a couple of years ago. I was in the hospital for 3 days back then, I just don't remember much from this time, that is what I meant about foggy. I was in the ER for only 4 hours and sent on my way.
wow, that's pretty bad!

okay, yesterday ~ I can understand still feeling foggy then.

yesterday was a rest day with the tour.... Getting ready for the Alps I think most riders needed the day off....

Old 07-19-2011, 11:02 AM

6,488 posts, read 8,297,670 times
I must say, Hushovd is pretty fantastic. The best Norwegian athlete ever, in my opinion.

Old 07-19-2011, 05:46 PM

Go Cadel!

Moved to 2nd overnight 1.45sec on Voeckler, moving to the Alps ~ Oh its gonna get interesting now..

and I agree, massive ride by Thor...

Contador pulled a pretty big move too... although I still think he's too far back at this point in the race

Old 07-21-2011, 04:26 PM

263 posts, read 629,882 times
Well today was an epic stage, just like back in the days of Anquetil and Mercks , Hinault, back when I was growing up in France. There used to be guys going ahead 15 minutes etc, you will not see that again, these guys are too good, Andy Schleck is my fav, specially after last Year, nice to see Conta 4 minutes back. However my Hometown guy Voelker still ahead by 15 seconds. There will be a team build around him next Year.

Old 07-21-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland 544 View Post
Well today was an epic stage, just like back in the days of Anquetil and Mercks , Hinault, back when I was growing up in France. There used to be guys going ahead 15 minutes etc, you will not see that again, these guys are too good, Andy Schleck is my fav, specially after last Year, nice to see Conta 4 minutes back. However my Hometown guy Voelker still ahead by 15 seconds. There will be a team build around him next Year.
The Schleks.. I dunno something about them I don't like.

Andy made a massive, massive move on stage 18 though. Could have backfired, but didn't . Was surprised Cadel/Contador didn't go with him

Conta...welll interesting not able to go with schlek (those question marks around him for a good reason IMO)...

Anyway, onto Alp d'Huez.... hoping for a big move by Cadel tonight.

Definitely, Voelker has done a superb job of holding Yellow for 10 days now

Old 07-22-2011, 01:17 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,483,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
The Schleks.. I dunno something about them I don't like.

Andy made a massive, massive move on stage 18 though. Could have backfired, but didn't . Was surprised Cadel/Contador didn't go with him

Conta...welll interesting not able to go with schlek (those question marks around him for a good reason IMO)...

Anyway, onto Alp d'Huez.... hoping for a big move by Cadel tonight.

Definitely, Voelker has done a superb job of holding Yellow for 10 days now
I think having destroyed a very tough Giro by over 6 minutes and a banged up knee had more to do with getting dropped (even though he is still looking at a Top 5) than "questions around him."

If anything is suspicious this year is the fact that Baby Schleck was absolutely shelled in every pre-Tour race vs. decent competition and now is staring at a possible TdF win.

Voekler has really done well.

Here's hoping Evans puts in a good TT!

Old 07-22-2011, 03:59 PM

263 posts, read 629,882 times
Well Schleck did it in Style today, Conta what a fighter, Voelker, was nice while it lasted and Evans, what can you say about him? amazing! Very exiting Tour.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports