Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2009, 08:03 PM

19,728 posts, read 10,560,055 times

Advertisements

speaking of you tube! Typed Monster trucks, for a ''search''....had a very happy 4 year old!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 10:34 PM

19,728 posts, read 10,560,055 times

Old 03-02-2009, 10:11 AM

13,495 posts, read 37,591,454 times
A blonde calls her boyfriend and says, "Please come over here and help me. I have a killer jigsaw puzzle, and I can't figure out how to get started."

Her boyfriend asks, "What is it supposed to be when it's finished?"

The blonde says, "According to the picture on the box, it's a rooster."

Her boyfriend decides to go over and help with the puzzle.

She lets him in and shows him where she has the puzzle spread all over the table.

He studies the pieces for a moment, then looks at the box, then turns to her and says,

"First of all, no matter what we do, we're not going to be able to assemble these pieces into anything resembling a rooster."

He takes her hand and says, "Second, I want you to relax. Let's have a nice cup of tea, and then .." he said with a deep sigh...

(scroll down)

"Let's put all the Corn Flakes back in the box."

Old 03-02-2009, 07:21 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,421,584 times
I just have to share this smiley from PoconoProud in the March thread... since lived in Hawaii for so long, I just absolutely Loooove this:

Last edited by R_Cowgirl; 03-02-2009 at 07:23 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 03-03-2009, 11:26 PM

3,110 posts, read 5,421,584 times
Talking Perfect. This shows how out of touch our politicians are;-D

A DC airport ticket agent offers some examples of interactions with politicians and their office staff, trying to travel:

1. I had a New Hampshire Congresswoman ask for an aisle seat so that her hair wouldn't get messed up by being near the window. (On an airplane!)

2. I got a call from a candidate's staffer, who wanted to go to Capetown. While I started to explain the length of the flight and the passport information, she interrupted me with, ''I'm not trying to make you look stupid, but Capetown is in Massachusetts ."

Without trying to make her look stupid, I calmly explained, ''Cape Cod is in Massachusetts , Capetown is in Africa .''
Her response? - click.

3. A senior Vermont Congressman called, furious about a Florida package we did. I asked what was wrong with the vacation in Orlando.

He said he was expecting an ocean-view room.

I tried to explain that is not possible, since Orlando is in the middle of the state. He replied, 'Don't lie to me, I looked on the map and Florida is a very thin state!'' ()

4. I got a call from a lawmaker's wife who asked, ''Is it possible to see England from Canada ?'' I said, ''No.'' She said, ''But they look so close on the map. (, again!)

5. An aide for a cabinet member once called and asked if he could rent a car in Dallas . When I pulled up the reservation, I noticed he had only a 1-hour layover in Dallas . When I asked him why he wanted to rent a car, he said, ''I heard Dallas was a big airport, and we will need a car to drive between gates to save time.'' ()

6. An Illinois Congresswoman called last week. She needed to know how it was possible that her flight from Detroit left at 8:30 a.m., and got to Chicago at 8:33 a.m. I explained that Michigan was an hour ahead of Illinois , but she couldn't understand the concept of time zones. Finally, I told her the plane went fast, and she bought that.

7. A New York lawmaker called and asked, ''Do airlines put your physical description on your bag so they know whose luggage belongs to whom?'' I said, 'No, why do you ask?'

She replied, ''Well, when I checked in with the airline, they put a tag on my luggage that said (FAT), and I'm overweight. I think that's very rude!''

After putting her on hold for a minute, while I looked into it (I was dying laughing), I came back and explained the city code for Fresno , CA is (FAT - Fresno Air Terminal), and the airline was just putting a destination tag on her luggage.

8. A Senator's aide called to inquire about a trip package to Hawaii . After going over all the cost info, she asked, ''Would it be cheaper to fly to California , and then take the train to Hawaii ?''

9. I just got off the phone with a freshman Congressman who asked, "How do I know which plane to get on?'' I asked him what exactly he meant, to which he replied, ''I was told my flight number is 823, but none of these planes have numbers on them.''

10. A lady Senator called and said, ''I need to fly to Pepsi-Cola , Florida . Do I have to get on one of those little computer planes?'' I asked if she meant fly to Pensacola , FL on a commuter plane. She said, ''Yeah, whatever, smarty!''

11. A senior Senator called and had a question about the documents he needed in order to fly to China . After a lengthy discussion about passports, I reminded him that he needed a visa.

'Oh, no I don't. I've been to China many times and never had to have one of those.'' I double checked and sure enough, his stay required a visa. When I told him this he said, ''Look, I' ve been to China four times and every time they have accepted my American Express!''

12. A New Mexico Congress woman called to make reservations, ''I want to go from Chicago to Rhino, New York.'' I was at a loss for words. Finally, I said, ''Are you sure that's the name of the town?'' ''Yes, what flights do you have?'' replied the lady. After some searching, I came back with, ''I'm sorry, ma'am, I've looked up every airport code in the country and can't find a Rhino anywhere.' ''The lady retorted, ''Oh, don't be silly! Everyone knows where it is. Check your map!''

So I scoured a map of the state of New York and finally offered, ''You don't mean Buffalo , do you?'' The reply?

''Whatever! I knew it was a big animal.''

~~~~~
Now you know why the Government is in the shape that it's in! Could anyone be this DUMB?

YES, THEY WALK AMONG US, ARE IN POLITICS, AND THEY CONTINUE TO BREED!

Old 03-04-2009, 07:49 AM

1,582 posts, read 3,123,500 times
LOL! That made me think about my job! I work on a wildlife hotline, and we get all kinds of interesting calls! One of my favorites was a caller who told me "There is a robin with a broken back leg in my yard..."

As opposed to what? It's front leg? (Think about it...)

Then there was this one:
“How do I get a bat unstuck from flypaper?†My guess would be extremely carefully!

Than, there's my all time favorite:
“I just bought a pet skunk a month ago. This morning when I woke up it was frothing at the mouth and twitching. When I tried to give it a bath it bit me.â€

“Have you called your doctor?â€

"No. Why?â€

Seriously, I know we all have some level of stupid (I know I have more than my fair share some days!), but I am glad I get a dose of it every now and then with my job, or the just-plain-idiots that call would make me totally crazy!

Old 03-04-2009, 03:40 PM

400 posts, read 1,243,421 times
No8 and RCowgirl -
Thanks for the giggles, I needed them after a long day at work!!

Old 03-04-2009, 04:11 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,718,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Cowgirl View Post
Here's an interesting and funny video from the Conan show --
"Everything's amazing, but no one is happy."
The guy is right! How we are all spoiled with todays technology!

Old 03-04-2009, 04:18 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,718,076 times
A golf pro checking on the course noticed Mrs. Wilson at the third hole crying hysterically. He pulled up with his golf cart and said, "Mrs. Wilson, why are you crying, what is wrong?" She said that she had gotten stung by a bee between the first and second hole. He said, "Mrs. Wilson, how many times do I have to tell you that your stance is too wide!"

Old 03-05-2009, 03:03 PM

400 posts, read 1,243,421 times
Default See What You Guys Think

Haven't gotten time to do flyers yet to do baking and cake decorating out of my house, but I got my first order. One of the ladies where I work, baking, wanted me to make a cake for her grandson's 2nd birthday. Thought I'd show you guys my cakes and see what you think. I edited out the names on the cakes, so don't mind the big blank areas.
BTW- the care bear is for the grandson - I made 6 cupcakes, frosted them in blue and used white to put the letters of his name on them, she can put them around the cake.
Also, I'm posting a picture of the christmas eve mice I made this year.
Attached Thumbnails
Share a smile here!!-care-bear.jpg   Share a smile here!!-60th-birthday.jpg   Share a smile here!!-balloons-birthday.jpg   Share a smile here!!-pink-rose-birthday.jpg   Share a smile here!!-thank-you.jpg  

Share a smile here!!-those-who-never-die....jpg   Share a smile here!!-mouse.jpg  
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota