Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 01:58 PM

6,405 posts, read 8,989,156 times

Advertisements

Was the penaly legitimate? I'm only viewing a match tracker on my phone. Curious if the refs call is dubious or not?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2016, 02:04 PM

10,889 posts, read 2,192,631 times
no no it's legitimate, they reviewed the fault with the videos, in slow motion because it was too unclear

Old 07-07-2016, 02:05 PM

680 posts, read 649,356 times
No reason for his hand to be there, especially for a veteran like Schweinsteiger. Same thing happened last week with Boateng and I can't really explain what either were thinking and I don't think it was a dubious call in the end.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:07 PM

Umtiti is really great, Deschamps made a good risky choice

the commentators are going a bit crazy

edit 1: what is going on with the German players? there is another card for them i think, oh Kingsley is gonna play!

edit2: Koscielny is great too, the commentators are making "commentators jokes" that no one but them understand

edit3, oh Paul has a fault apparently, the commentators are wondering if the referee isn't a bit "off"...

edit4: damn there's always one of those commentators you'd like to shut up a bit, the guy comes with his stats, we already know we gonna loose soon enough, the last time in 2013, Germany won 2-1 after France leaded most of the match, GAAAAAAH! god shut up please... oh N'Golo Kanté is playing too!! is Boateng hurt? i don't know the German players' names really well... 30 minutes left, there's a commentator named Christophe he is cray-cray in the head

edit5: Dimitri got a ball in the face haha, they're doing the clapping thing, awesome!!

edit6: Götze's on, we gonna get smashed!, oh my freaking god it's football guys, not catch! N'Golo's coming... Moussa had a fault, nya nya uh, god, i'm worse than all those commentators, sorry if i comment too much CD people! Dimitri is out...

edit7: ANTOINE again!! commentators are loving this, calling Antoine a second Platini, oops sorry it's Grizou, not Antoine, haha, i think i will need a transplant after this... oh is the second goal OK? damn those commentators are confusing, i've never heard la marseillaise this much in my 21 years of existence, this German guy is scary! Bacary got hit i think and André-Pierre coming next... remplacing Olivier

edit8: i think God loves football, 'cause there's something like a miracle happening right now, Adil coming too, remplacing who i don't know... oh yeah no God maybe don't love football that much, or France or both.... how much time left already? 15 minutes? 82 minutes on the game so i don't know, they talk too much BS right now, "like a seal in the Marinland aquatic park in Antibes", can't you see my face right now.... it's not even a joke! the only thing i hear now is blah blah blah heart attack, marseillaise, oh lé, oh lé and stuff, the commentators will probably need a few sessions with a psychiatrist after this, damn Germany is the WORLD's champion! come on come on... oh Yoann is coming, this guy is hot! i'm such a girl, sorry people. oh no it's Antoine that's out, why? oh yeah he need to rest probably? +4minutes in the game... tada, game's over, PFEEEEW, what a fricking match! oh my God

Last edited by Eden Morlevent; 07-07-2016 at 02:53 PM..

Old 07-07-2016, 02:46 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Looks like the Germans have blown this

Old 07-07-2016, 02:49 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ- View Post
no no it's legitimate, they reviewed the fault with the videos, in slow motion because it was too unclear
Hand was in an unnatural position and ball hit it, its a penalty. Though i think France are the only team that would get that call as it was very slight and not blatant like the last one the Germans gave away.

Old 07-07-2016, 02:54 PM

i need oxygen

Old 07-07-2016, 02:57 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,464 times
Congratulations France. You deserved to win.

Old 07-07-2016, 03:04 PM

hey thanks red baron! Germany was great too, there was a lot (?) of German players who couldn't play i think so it's not a so great victory but it made me happy at least for a while!

Old 07-07-2016, 03:07 PM

749 posts, read 856,581 times
I had called it. France kind of stole this one, but that was to be expected as the host nation status came into play. France already won the competition, even if they won't best Portugal on Sunday, sure enough the ref will step in with a penalty, a red card or something akin, mark my words. That's how disgustingly international football rolls unfortunately.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Soccer