Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 06:20 PM

18 posts, read 65,166 times

Advertisements

I post this for two reasons. One, because I can't contain my excitement anymore, I am leaving Seattle! Two, because I want to discourage other people from entering the mind numbing existence that is living in the Seattle is. As soon as I finish my Masters degree, my wife and I are heading to San Diego. I know it also has it's problems, but nothing compared to Seattle.

10 Reasons Seattle sucks:

1. Passive-aggressive, ultra-leftist hippies with more causes than friends
2. Constant rain and clouds resulting in massive amounts of SAD
3. Nothing to do here, and even if you find something to do the rain will probably spoil it for you
4. Lack of diversity--nearly everyone is a left-wing hippy who incessantly apologizes for being white while at the same time talking about how respectful of diversity they are (these are sad people with very guilty consciences)
5. For being one of the most educated cities in the nation, it is also statistically one of the least charitable (in terms of volunteering and parting with individual wealth for charitable causes)--if you move here you will be surrounded by people who pretend to care about others but won't lift a single finger to help their neighbor unless it means preaching your ear off about some self-righteous cause of theirs that always involves government redistribution of the wealth. They are hypocrites to the core.
6. We live on the coast but the beaches are missing fine sand and sun (what's the point?!)
7. Again NO real diversity which equals few exceptional places to eat
8. Even the fast food sucks here (Although I can't say I blame in-in-out burger for not wanting to be here)
9. Traffic (when I-5 is bad where else are you going to go? And I-5 is going to be bad)
10. Not family friendly at all (again, statistically there are more dogs than children in Seattle)

Now I know this post will be provocative, but I can't contain it anymore. Seattle is a terrible place to live, unless you are a radical, left-wing hippy hypocrite who worships the rain, teriyaki, Starbucks, who has a dog and is offended by people with kids, who doesn't mind sitting in traffic just to get nowhere.

Don't move here, especially if you are from California. It is NOT better.

Last edited by BacktoSanDiego; 08-28-2009 at 07:42 PM..

Old 08-28-2009, 06:27 PM

457 posts, read 1,349,386 times
You sound a bit bitter to me. And I'm sure you'll be happy to know I'm moving FROM San Diego to Seattle soon.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:35 PM

20 posts, read 43,318 times
1. Ah, whatever.
2. I love rain & clouds, its peaceful + clean air is a good thing.
3. Shoot guns, reading and drinking. What else is there?
4. o.O At least theyre white?
5. At least they wont expect the same in return. Its called being independent.
6. Sand is messy and sun hurts the eyes. Also gives ya cancer.
7. Eat at home, its cheaper.
8. Fast food sux everywhere.
9. Walking is healthy.
10. Dogs are more dependable anyways.

Have fun in your dirty polluted city.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:37 PM

32 posts, read 75,751 times
I'm from San Diego and have kids. I love Seattle and would take it over San Diego any day.

Have fun though. If Seattle is not your thing, then I hope you find happiness in San Diego.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:44 PM

328 posts, read 842,205 times
...and we're off! Yet another thread to vent one's anger by generalizing an entire populace because one's not happy here. I sincerely hope you find life better in San Diego.

Good Luck!

Old 08-28-2009, 06:59 PM

Oh come on people...lighten up a little...the internet is a lovely place to overgeneralize and vent : )

You aren't my family or friends, and I'm certainly not going to be as blunt with them. I hope that those of you who move to Seattle enjoy it more than I have. It's a great place to be a far-left democrat, a university professor, a barista or a psychiatrist administering meds for depression ; )

The person who said "at least people are white" and all you want to do is "shoot guns, read, and drink", you are scaring me. But you will no doubt bring balance to the force here, given that the overwhelming majority here feels bad for being white, and probably wants to strip you of your right to even own your gun.

But there I go overgeneralizing again...I gotta quit doing that : )

Old 08-28-2009, 07:02 PM

I just want to be around normal, moderate people. I want some sun, some palm trees, a couple decent beaches, good entertainment, a bit more culture, and some kids.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:10 PM

233 posts, read 754,470 times
This is the lamest list of reasons i've ever seen. Not diverse enough for good food? Are you kidding? What type of food are you missing out on in Seattle beside the great Mexican food that SD has? Let me guess. You are conservative (possibly ex-military) from SD, moved here to go to school and can't wait to get back to where Del Taco and In n Out are just around the corner. If you ever move out of SD again I think Phoenix AZ is a place you might also find appealing.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:11 PM

343 posts, read 1,087,659 times
1. No.
2. I LOVE RAIN AND CLOUDS!!!
3. Pike Place Market, 5th Avenue Theatre, Mariners, Seahawks, Sounders, Storm, etc (Seriously, I could go on for several hours)
4. Seattle is 68% non-Hispanic whites. 32% non. That's fairly diverse.
5. Really, because I'm friends with people who DO care about things, and I volunteer once a week myself.
6. I like Alki Beach. Carkeek Park too.
7. Seattle Metropolitan Magazine / Current Issue / Articles / Detail OWNED.
8. Dick's and Burgermaster are both amazing, so I don't know what you're talking about.
9. There's something we're building called light rail. You should check it out.
10. I've found Seattle to be very family friendly.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:16 PM

3,969 posts, read 13,724,119 times
BacktoSanDiego is just trying to rile us up. I think he/she is kinda funny. Best of luck in the "prosperous" state of California. Or Cali, as many now call it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area