Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2013, 12:16 PM

4 posts, read 9,982 times

Advertisements

I apologize for cross posting but this forum gets a lot more traffic than the general Washington forum. Admin please feel free to delete the othr post. have a 10 wk internship with Boeing in Everett, 1st Shift for the summer. I have no clue as to the best places to live and how to go about getting housing for the summer. The forum I was directed to by a Boeing Rep has no recent/relevant information. Any advice as to best places to live? I'm looking to share an aparment but a reasonably priced studio or basement appartment will do. Is a car truly a necessity or can I get by on publich transportation? Any other summer 2013 interns looking for housing? Thanks. Oh, I'm male, single and in my early twenties.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 01:12 PM

1,111 posts, read 2,331,840 times
If it's just temporary, your best bet is to search on Craigslist for some family who is renting out a cheap room in their home month-to-month or some student who is subletting their apt for the summer. If you live with a roommate in a nice neighborhood of Everett, your budget should be around $400-$700 incl utilities.

Everett does have public transport, but I would rather have a car up there. My friend lives in Everett and works for Boeing, and she has no problem getting around the city by bus. I commute to Everett from Seattle for work (not Boeing) every other day on the Sound Transit bus, but it can be frustrating to wait at the station when you really just wanna get somewhere fast. But if you don't have a car, don't freak out because you can survive in Everett w/o a car.

Everett neighborhoods are kinda checkered in terms of safety. Many will tell you that south Everett is better than north, but I think it's just scattered. Everett is pretty blue collar, but so is the rest of Snohomish County.

Old 04-30-2013, 01:48 PM

4 posts, read 9,982 times
Thanks.

Old 04-30-2013, 05:00 PM

1,630 posts, read 3,883,278 times
Having worked with interns ... one word of advice. More than once, an intern told me they were having trouble finding a place with air conditioning and feared they would roast in the summer. I always told them make sure you found a place with decent heating to get through the months of May and June. You do not need A/C here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area