Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area
 [Register]
Seattle area Seattle and King County Suburbs
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 06:55 PM

8 posts, read 11,491 times

Advertisements

In my research of the areas around Seattle I am really having a hard time deciphering the posts. Comparing apples to apples as they say, so I would like to know if anyone out there is from the Central Valley.

I am a hardworking, upstanding, trustworthy but nowhere near wealthy woman. I am actually starting all over again at 51 years old after losing my job of 16 years with NO severance, retirement etc. and will be moving to the area with my daughter and son-in-law. It sounds from some of these posts that we would probably be considered lower class than most in the area but we strive for the same things as the wealthy. A safe neighborhood for my grandson that doesn't have gangs on every corner or tweakers (Meth addicts) riding all over on their bikes asking for money.

Forgive my rambling I am just frustrated and dont want to be naive yet also don't want to be over afraid. I live in a fairly crime ridden town already so things there might be cake compared to here!

Any input will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 08:35 PM

3,176 posts, read 14,742,410 times
What part of Central Valley are you from?

I lived ten years in Sacramento, moved to Seattle for 5 years - and couldn't move back to Sacramento fast enough.

But I'd be happy to give you apples to apples - if you could give mean idea of what you are comparing from Calif?

Old 02-02-2011, 07:22 AM

1,599 posts, read 3,146,065 times
Your going to find crime and crack dealers where ever you go and Seattle isn't any exception when it comes to big cities. The question is, where will you find less of it?
And, I'm not even sure jobs are more available in Washington and Seattle then in California.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:55 PM

8 posts, read 11,491 times
Default Neighborhoods

According to USA Today a few months ago, Merced-California, which is where I live has the 2nd highest Unemployment rate in the nation so ANYWHERE but one city is going to have more prospects than here.

Im aware all cities have there areas I was just hoping that maybe someone was familiar with Merced so I could say, "Can you direct me to the nice homes like by Lake Yosemite or the middle class area like Silverado and away from Beachwood, Loughborough or McNamara Park type neighborhoods?"

As it gets closer to our time to move I'll ask about more specific areas. Thanks for the input.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Washington > Seattle area