Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 03:23 PM

974 posts, read 2,351,879 times

Advertisements

Towanda said: "House prices have come down some out here. (Maybe one of our realtors can check in here and give us more concrete info.) Out here in Eldorado where I live there are some houses in the $200-300,000 range -- a year ago there was very little to nothing in that price range.

Yes Towanda, you are correct. Prices have come down in most areas. I did a search for one of my clients in Oregon who wants to move here and as of two days ago (and as of today - I just checked) there were a total of six (6) houses in Eldorado that are priced at up to $300,000. They range in size from 1000 - 1460 sq. ft., and are between 12 -22 years old.

XO - As you've heard many of us say, this area is fantastic in many ways. It's not without its problems (which place isn't?), but on the whole I wouldn't live any other place. As for housing, you can pay whatever you'd like - there's lots of inventory at all price points. My advice would be for you to check out neighborhoods to see which ones appeal to you. Then look for the best values in those areas. That's a better approach, imho, than shopping for price first.

I'm excited for you! You're making a great move. Way to go!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 01:14 PM

88 posts, read 372,930 times
Thanks all for your insightful information!

Old 12-13-2008, 12:22 AM

4,468 posts, read 10,652,665 times
I thought it was an American Airlines affiliate that's supposed to start flying in/out of Santa Fe?

Old 02-08-2009, 11:50 AM

11 posts, read 79,082 times
Red face Thinking of moving

My husband and I were thinking of moving to the Santa Fe area as both of us have retired. Would like a moble home in a 55 plus community. Anything would be helpful. Do not have to move right a way

Old 02-08-2009, 12:01 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,049,883 times
Hi clazzegirl!

Thanks for your interest in Santa Fe. It is (in my opinion) THE most wonderful place to live in this country!

I am not familiar with the mobile home situation here, but there are realtors who post on this forum that should be able to give you some information.

Have you visted Santa Fe and become familiar with the city and the area?

Old 02-08-2009, 10:04 PM

20 posts, read 82,879 times
What do you like most about Santa Fe? I am looking at places I may be interested in relocating to (Nursing)...and I'm interested in what you like most about it? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Hi clazzegirl!

Thanks for your interest in Santa Fe. It is (in my opinion) THE most wonderful place to live in this country!

I am not familiar with the mobile home situation here, but there are realtors who post on this forum that should be able to give you some information.

Have you visted Santa Fe and become familiar with the city and the area?

Old 02-15-2009, 04:22 PM

170 posts, read 650,250 times
Nhrn I can tell you New Mexico definitely has need for nurses and doctors so I have no doubt you would be welcome probably anywhere. As far as Santa Fe goes I think it's a love it or hate it town which I think carries on to the whole state. It is so culturally different than just about anywhere in the country and can take some getting used to. Santa fe is kind of its own bubble Though since it has a lot of tourism and also attracts a lot of empty nesters and artists. Santa Fe has a lot of great festivals during the year such as Indian market and the burning of Zozobra however it also has a high cost of living compared to other areas of the state (if you're not used to it you'd be surprised at the amount of poverty within the state). That being said it is a wonderful place to live and I can't think of a prettier place to be.

Old 03-29-2009, 08:10 PM

2 posts, read 8,291 times
Smile Moving To Santa Fe...

Hello,

My wife and i are thinking of moving to santa fe soon. I did not think it was all that dangerous but after reviewing the last couple months posts i think that i should either buy a gun or not go out at night and apparently stay away from the south side of town!!!! I hope these are just paranoid scare tactics.

My wife and i are both artists and are looking for something on the "affordable" side but after doing exhaustive online reviews and searches found that anything that is in our price range tends to be in the south side where someone has either been shot, stabbed, or has had something less than savory occur to them. I used to live in Asheville, which i think is similar (really rich people and the people who serve them dinner and drinks), but we don't really have the high violent crime rate.

These are the apartment complexes i have found... if anyone has any native info to give me i would be much obliged...

Tierra de zia
Tuscany at St. Francis
The bluffs at tierra contenta
Dos Santos

...Also if anyone has any good opportunities or ideas(living outside of town, some secret northern santa fe rentals) i would be much obliged.
chris
Moderator cut: Advertising and self promotion not permitted per Terms Of Service

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 04-06-2010 at 10:00 AM..

Old 03-29-2009, 11:04 PM

3,435 posts, read 7,007,536 times
Stereotyping.. Santa Fe is not dangerous.. Neither is Espanola.

People are over-dramatic..

Old 03-30-2009, 08:38 AM

2 posts, read 8,291 times
Thank you for your most helpful replies. Seriously though, Does anyone know anything about these apartment complexes or the south side of town?

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 05-15-2012 at 02:04 PM.. Reason: Orpaned and irrelevant chatter...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe