Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2012, 01:15 PM

40 posts, read 94,156 times

Advertisements

Hello,
We Just recently moved here and paying a whooping $2100 as a rent and now thinking of buying our new home in south bay so any suggestions in terms of house pricing and school ratings would be great.
we are primarily looking for townhouse/single family in the range of 500-700 K in good school district area.
Possible Options are
- Milpitas
- Warm Springs,Fremont
- Pleasanton/San Ramon
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2012, 02:01 PM

4,315 posts, read 6,277,731 times
Personally, I wouldn't live in Milpitas, as its not the nicest area and the schools aren't great.

Between Fremont and Pleasanton, its a tough call. Both have good schools. Fremont is more centrally located, but I think Pleasanton (or San Ramon) have better community feels. I'd pick Pleasanton, but your commute probably won't be great.

Old 07-07-2012, 12:02 AM

47 posts, read 89,253 times
Pleasanton is a lot of $$$ because it's trendy. Fremont would be much more reasonable. I've also heard a lot of bad things about Milpitas, which I'd blame on it's proximity to East San Jose.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:16 AM

23,513 posts, read 23,986,796 times
Pleasanton or San Ramon would be my first choice, with Fremont being #2. It would depend on your commute also. If you are commuting into the South Bay or Penninsula from San Ramon/Pleasanton, it would be tougher than commuting from Fremont.

Warm Springs is a nice area of Fremont, with great schools.

Old 07-08-2012, 12:45 PM

1,263 posts, read 4,008,164 times
Much of Milpitas also has the unpleasant smell

Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest411 View Post
Pleasanton is a lot of $$$ because it's trendy. Fremont would be much more reasonable. I've also heard a lot of bad things about Milpitas, which I'd blame on it's proximity to East San Jose.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:48 AM

3 posts, read 7,149 times
If you are looking for nice, comfortable areas in Fremont, try the Glenmoor and Glen Manor neighborhoods. Glen Manor is less expensive than Glenmoor, and the houses and lots in Glen Manor are smaller than in Glenmoor, but both contain ranch style houses, both have elementary schools right in the neighborhoods.

Glenmoor has community pools and a nice little park.

I have lived in Glen Manor for nearly 30 years, have had great long-term neighbors over that time, have a quiet little street, and think it's affordable. You will find houses within your price range, easily, in Glen Manor and also sometimes in Glenmoor. You might have to wait a bit, though, for Glen Manor, for inventory to pick up.

Pleasanton and Livermore are very nice, but usually a bit hotter than Fremont. We get a good cool afternoon breeze.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose