Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2014, 09:11 PM

3,530 posts, read 5,157,525 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
No arguement here bro. Enjoy that local deep central valley imported bacon and expensive, affordable housing as you prance around the fog that silhouettes the moonlight. Lololololol.

You certainly don't write like someone with two degrees from Cal. I'm calling BS on that.

Old 06-03-2014, 09:45 PM

28,226 posts, read 37,048,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
I like Parliament, actually. Bar tenders are friendly and people are pretty cool. District is too stuffy for me. The last time some friends and I tried to go in for a drink, the bouncer wouldn't let me inside because I was wearing flip flops, even though I had on a dress shirt and jeans.
I have had loads of fun at parliament so far! The music has generally been good.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:07 PM

833 posts, read 1,205,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
Art Mumur is this Friday, so that's a pretty good excuse to wander from Jack London Square up Broadway to Telegraph and all of the bars/restaurants in Uptown, while checking out some of the art galleries as well. For craft beer, Beer Revolution in JLS and the Trappist in Old Oakland are pretty cool. For people watching and bocce ball, Make Westing in Uptown can be fun. For live music, the Fox Theater always attracts the biggest names and has a great environment to catch a show. If you want a really good greyhound and a weird/psychedelic vibe, Cafe Van Kleef is worth a look. If you want a nice glass of wine, Dogwood is nice, but gets super crowded. If you want to hear old school hip hop spun on vinyl, the Layover is a fun place to get your groove on. And if you want a pretentious/douchey/be seen crowd, there's always District...

There's plenty of other places, but these are close to my neighborhood and off the top of my head.
I will definitely check it out!! I just want to make sure to stay away from the gangs @ the bars etc.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrazyattic View Post
I will definitely check it out!! I just want to make sure to stay away from the gangs @ the bars etc.
That is not very common. There is maybe one club downtown that has a sketchy crowd. But let's just say you only need to stand on the sidewalk for 2 minutes to know you do not need to go in. Downtown is pretty safe, and very safe for an urban neighborhood.

Old 06-03-2014, 10:17 PM

Quote:
I think I will go too. I've been meaning to check out Art Murmur for more than a year now and have never made it over for it. I have been to many nightlife spots in downtown Oakland and I think it's great--highly underrated by much of the 7x7 crowd. Trappist may be the best beer bar in the entire Bay Area and the Fox Theater is simply spectacular. There are several spots all along the strip around the Fox that are really great, too.

On Saturday, this free event is going on all day, too:

Chipotle Cultivate

Old 06-03-2014, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
That is not very common. There is maybe one club downtown that has a sketchy crowd. But let's just say you only need to stand on the sidewalk for 2 minutes to know you do not need to go in. Downtown is pretty safe, and very safe for an urban neighborhood.
Which club is that so I can be sure to stay 1000 yards away from it

Old 06-03-2014, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Which club is that so I can be sure to stay 1000 yards away from it
I don't even know the name. It is off the beaten path though. Roughly 13th and Webster. There is basically no reason to go on that block. There is nothing else open at night whatever block it was. But no worries, I can't even think of a time there was anything more annoying reported than loud cars over there. No actual newsworthy incidents, that's for sure. Just the sort of crowd you don't actually want to be at the club with.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peninsular View Post

P.S. My own day was marred by the ridiculous MUNI sickout. What the hell is up with that?! Definitely no cable car clanging heard today. Not by anyone.
I got caught by surprise with this Muni nonsense on Monday because I didn't catch the news. I usually ride the cable car to work, but decided to just walk. It was actually nice to see the neighborhoods along the way. It took me about 25 minutes with the hills to walk it.

Today, I was better prepared and rode my bike. It was a bit treacherous, but also enjoyable. I've ridden to work a lot in the past, but the Muni sickout seemed to have more traffic on the streets and the drivers were making some erratic moves. It only took about 12 minutes on my bike--that was riding around Russian Hill, not over it.

So, what could have marred my last two days was actually kind of nice.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:35 PM

Quote:
I bet NorCal Dude didn't read Omnivore's Dilema where Michael Pollan found a boar in the Berkeley hills and made his own prosciutto.
I used to have wild turkeys block my street up in the El Cerrito hills. Is turkey prosciutto a thing?

Old 06-03-2014, 11:36 PM

Quote:
I don't even know the name. It is off the beaten path though. Roughly 13th and Webster. There is basically no reason to go on that block. There is nothing else open at night whatever block it was. But no worries, I can't even think of a time there was anything more annoying reported than loud cars over there. No actual newsworthy incidents, that's for sure. Just the sort of crowd you don't actually want to be at the club with.
I'll definitely check it out. I've been looking for sf alternatives since I admit..... I hate bridges thank you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland