Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2007, 10:54 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,325,742 times

Advertisements

Oh I forgot to mention - Frisco is a town in Colorado. I have been there many times. It is a nice place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2007, 11:32 AM

875 posts, read 1,096,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Charles_ View Post
Oh I forgot to mention - Frisco is a town in Colorado. I have been there many times. It is a nice place.
Frisco is also a suburb of Dallas, Texas.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:08 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,371,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticaltyger View Post
I've lived in San Jose for 11 years and have never heard anyone in the Bay Area refer to SF as "Frisco".
I was referring to some people in and around S.F.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BearBranch View Post
San Francisco is not 'Frisco.' The rapper sounds like an ignorant fool, as is that manifesto.
It's many rappers. You're just shooting down all evidence which contradicts your claim. Don't be so stubborn. It just may be that not everyone is like you. I don't fly off the handle when someone says "Cali" as opposed to my use of the formal "California." Life is too short to get hung up on that crap.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:27 PM

832 posts, read 3,857,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
It's many rappers. You're just shooting down all evidence which contradicts your claim. Don't be so stubborn. It just may be that not everyone is like you. I don't fly off the handle when someone says "Cali" as opposed to my use of the formal "California." Life is too short to get hung up on that crap.
Then, the rappers are ignorant.

Old 11-26-2007, 12:33 PM

1,482 posts, read 5,179,472 times
Cali is even more grating on the ears than Frisco in my opinion.

Old 11-26-2007, 03:25 PM

875 posts, read 1,096,919 times
Quote:
Ya know, rappers aren't exactly known for their command of the English language. I know you're only 23 and from Davis.....but really......haven't you gleaned from this thread that using "Frisco" is a slang used by a small minority?

Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 PM

605 posts, read 869,066 times
Quote:
Life is too short to get hung up on that crap.
no kidding!
That's like the 2 old geezers sitting out sipping lemonade in some hick town and one says, it must be about 90 degres, then the other hick stands up, walks all the way over to the thermometer hanging from the house, and gets the exact temp, and says, no, no the temperature by this says it's 91

Old 11-27-2007, 10:26 AM

1,108 posts, read 3,325,742 times
True that - life is short but your analogy fails. Ignorantly calling San Francisco "Frisco" when you happen to be in SF, has allot more impact than 2 people alone debating 90 vs 91 degrees Fahrenheit on a thermometer.

Here’s a suggestion - go ahead and run the City calling it "Frisco". And see what sort of reaction you get.

Old 11-27-2007, 11:25 AM

30,420 posts, read 52,052,611 times
Last warning everyone... please drop the Frisco debate (or start a new thread on it), before I have to close this thread. I know it was somewhat relevant considering the OP, but enough is enough!

Old 11-27-2007, 12:21 PM

129 posts, read 663,834 times
If it makes yall feel better - I will resort from calling it Frisco, unless I'm in a sarcastic mood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Francisco - Oakland