Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-18-2010, 02:07 PM

129 posts, read 473,714 times

Advertisements

I like Knockout Pizza in Carlsbad, Bronx, and Luigi's in that order.

Anyone know any decent pizza spots or food places in La Mesa since I just moved there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-18-2010, 03:28 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
I live in Austin, TX now, but Pizza Port is the only restaurant that I truly miss from San Diego. They just don't have good pizza/brewery places like that here.

Old 03-18-2010, 03:41 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,663,382 times
I just went to the new Woodstock's in PB and thought it was really good and I'm not normally big on pizza to begin with. And they had a LITER of premium beer for only $5.

Rosario's in Mission Beach also used to be one of my favorites.

Pizza Port is also good, especially for the beer and they are supposedly opening one up in Ocean Beach soon from what I was told.

Old 03-18-2010, 04:01 PM

412 posts, read 958,374 times
Bruno's Pizza, hands down. Holy cow, that's some good stuff.

They've got one in Oceanside in the Tri-City area (El Camino Real and Vista Way) and another in San Marcos. I regularly went to the Oceanside location, and sometimes the place would be so packed that the line extended out the door and into the parking lot. It was always worth the wait.

Old 03-19-2010, 07:49 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
I live in Austin, TX now, but Pizza Port is the only restaurant that I truly miss from San Diego. They just don't have good pizza/brewery places like that here.
I'll be in Austin next weekend, can you recommend some restaurants to hit up while I'm there? I started a thread in the Austin forum but it quickly disappeared without a response. What's up with that?

Do you know there is a Pizza Port in Carlsbad and San Clemente now?

Old 03-20-2010, 02:15 AM

48 posts, read 147,070 times
So far the best I've had are Two Brothers from Italy and the Pizza Port, and for some reason claim jumpers pizza hits the spot.

Old 03-22-2010, 02:08 PM

2,627 posts, read 6,574,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurbanite View Post
I'll be in Austin next weekend, can you recommend some restaurants to hit up while I'm there? I started a thread in the Austin forum but it quickly disappeared without a response. What's up with that?

Do you know there is a Pizza Port in Carlsbad and San Clemente now?
I just replied to your thread in the Austin forum, so that will push it up to the top again. Hopefully some other people will thrown in their input.

Yes, I saw that Pizza Port opened a location in San Clemente. I lived walking distance to the one in Carlsbad for a year, so that was the primary location I visited. I did go to the Solana Beach location a lot before Carlsbad opened.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:00 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,740,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark311 View Post
I just replied to your thread in the Austin forum, so that will push it up to the top again. Hopefully some other people will thrown in their input.

Yes, I saw that Pizza Port opened a location in San Clemente. I lived walking distance to the one in Carlsbad for a year, so that was the primary location I visited. I did go to the Solana Beach location a lot before Carlsbad opened.
Thanks again for bumping that thread! I got some great responses!

Old 03-23-2010, 05:56 PM

122 posts, read 587,296 times
Bronx Pizza: Tremendous slices. Best in San Diego, hands down.

PREEMA VERRRRA! TOMATO 'N' GAAA-LICK!...

TWO SLY-SEZ!

Better hop to the window quickly to fetch your order, lest you irritate one of the fat guys --all native New Yorkers, by the way. They resent being left waiting on your slow ass.

Also, before you step up to place your order, you better know what you're ordering. The fat guys don't enjoy the ole, Uhhh... I think I'll have a, uh... hmmm... What do I want today?... You start in with that hemming and hawing and they'll holler "Next up!" and give you a nasty look, then wave the next guy in line ahead of you. You'll be standing there looking retarded.

If you've never been to New York City before, you will walk away from Bronx Pizza in San Diego learning some very crucial things about New Yorkers: They take pride in making good food, they don't like to chit-chat, they don't like to dilly-dally, they are always in a major hurry, they don't smile much, but they do work hard and deliver what they promise.

Last edited by Laocoön; 03-23-2010 at 06:07 PM..

Old 03-23-2010, 06:07 PM

6,893 posts, read 8,937,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laocoön View Post
Bronx Pizza: Tremendous slices. Best in San Diego, hands down.

PREEMA-VERRRRA! TOMATO AND GAAA-LICK!...

TWO SLY-SEZ!

Better hop to the window quickly to fetch your order, lest you irritate one of the fat guys --all native New Yorkers, by the way. They resent being left waiting on your slow ass.

Also, before you step up to place your order, you better know what you're ordering. The fat guys don't enjoy the ole, Uhhh... I think I'll have a, uh... hmmm... What do I want today?... You start in with that hemming and hawing and they'll holler "Next up!" and give you a nasty look, then wave the next guy in line ahead of you. You'll be standing there looking retarded.

If you've never been to New York City before, you will walk away from Bronx Pizza in San Diego learning some very crucial things about New Yorkers: They take pride in making good food, they don't like to chit-chat, they don't like to dilly-dally, they are always in a major hurry, they don't smile much, but they do work hard and deliver what they promise.

Sounds like the famous Soup Nazi around Columbus Circle in NYC. Quite good soup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego