Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-20-2009, 12:08 PM

1 posts, read 3,012 times

Advertisements

I have applied for a Sales Rep position in San Diego with a 90% chance of getting the job. I am currently living in Colorado. I am looking for an area that would be somewhat laid back but close access to highways. I am 29 with two pomeranian dogs. I enjoy watersking, wakeboarding, camping, and good people. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2009, 12:16 PM

1,055 posts, read 4,133,715 times
Depends on what you mean by laid back and how far you are willing to travel. I bought a house in Lemon Grove which is just outside San Diego (so close it might as well be) and love it. Semi rural, very relaxed area, with great access to highways and still plenty close to where ever you want to be.

As with any other area there are good parts and bad parts but the people on this forum *eyes Sassberto* are great sources of knowledge on all things San Diego. It would be a good idea to know where it is you will be working though so you can figure if you are going with or against traffic and to get an idea how bad the commute will be. Really though traffic isn't near as bad as everyone makes it out to be... just be glad it isn't somewhere like LA or NY, lol.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:22 PM

745 posts, read 1,578,113 times
My son loves wakeboarding and camping and he lives in Poway. Freeway access is easy and it can have a more small town feel. I think they refer to themselves as the city in the country. It tends to be very family oriented so I'm not sure about the single guy scene, but that is not what you mentioned anyway. At that rate my son was once a batchelor living in that general area (Escondido, Rancho Penasquitos, Poway).

Old 12-20-2009, 03:26 PM

9,529 posts, read 30,656,338 times
San Diego is almost all suburban, there is only a very small urbanized area around downtown. Even 30 minutes outside of San Diego you will find typical housing developments with small lots (most of suburban San Diego will look a bit like Highlands Ranch in Denver).

If you are looking for something with more space you will have to look at the semi-rural areas like Ramona, Lakeside, Fallbrook, etc.

Old 12-20-2009, 03:31 PM

1,969 posts, read 6,422,295 times
Most of San Diego is laid back. All of the county North of La Jolla is laid back. Carlsbad, Encinitas would fit the bill near the coast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego