Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 09:55 PM

489 posts, read 1,956,782 times

Advertisements

The schmoozy, schmalzty "Sharp Experience"(Sharp Healthcare) commercials intended to jerk tears - yuck.

Also, a very pompous-sounding and looking Lasik doctor (name?) who says he is THE best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 09:59 PM

2,769 posts, read 7,235,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
The schmoozy, schmalzty "Sharp Experience"(Sharp Healthcare) commercials intended to jerk tears - yuck.
It goes beyond that, they even have infomercials now. Have you seen them?

Old 08-20-2008, 10:30 PM

I haven't seen this year's yet, but, yes--I've endured them in the past
I take it this year's is as sickening (No offense to any Sharp people out there--the care is okay, but the commercials suck IMHO!)

Old 08-21-2008, 01:58 AM

3,106 posts, read 9,124,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkoz View Post
Also, a very pompous-sounding and looking Lasik doctor (name?) who says he is THE best.
Oh...THAT is the WORST! It's amusing at best.

Any of the local ambulance chaser commercials are pretty bad, too.

Old 08-28-2008, 06:57 PM

4 posts, read 9,843 times
Batiata real estate. That guy has the perfect face for radio.

Old 08-29-2008, 09:20 AM

15 posts, read 45,961 times
Any commerical involving a local sports celebrity, they all suck. The fake grass one with LT, and any Corky's Pest Control ones.

Also, by far the worst ones are the Pacific Law Center ones, the ones with those people who committed crimes and somehow got off cause of sleezy lawyers at Pacific Law Center.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:37 PM

19 posts, read 96,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tande1n5 View Post
Any of those cheesy "it's your hometown" style San Diego Credit Union ones, .
I am tired of the SD County Credit Union commercials especially the one with the little girl which basically insulted the rest of San Diego by wishing that everyone should be happy.

The other SD County Credit Union commercial with the mom and the little girl in an expensive house is too arrogant like "I am too good, too beautiful and too rich. I only bank at San Diego County Credit Union." type of commercial.

Old 08-29-2008, 12:50 PM

50,291 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNAgirl View Post
Batiata real estate. That guy has the perfect face for radio.
The cone head dude?

I'm fed up with Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal Worthington.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:00 PM

1 posts, read 1,958 times
Okay, I finally had to register, because of this question, after lurking a long time. I HATE local commercials like the Diamond Source where they use a narrator with a British accent. Am I impressed? No. Having been to England many times, I am not. I also hate that car commercial where some car dealer has a bunch of -- I guess -- sultry sounding women sing "Something better, altogether." I don't watch much local TV, but I listen to the radio while commuting. These annoying commercials, among other things, are just one of the reasons I listen to KFI instead of KOGO, except when the traffic reports come on KOGO.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:11 PM

The one that has who looks like Mike Myers with a bunch of women (or men made up to look like women) at the pottery place, at the end he says "Groovy, bay-bay!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego