Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-04-2007, 11:24 AM

1,868 posts, read 5,681,724 times

Advertisements

lol Shame on you sdurbanite...your not suppose to tell!! I'll be doing that in a couple weeks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 PM

1 posts, read 10,627 times
Default San Diego

wow SUCH A PICTURES!!!i am from Spain and in August Iam going to San Francisco but if I have time enough i will stop by San Diego .I looks great!!!

Old 07-10-2007, 05:17 PM

840 posts, read 6,515,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smek007 View Post

Question...so there is SD city and then there are the suburbs...SD is a county?
When people refer to San Diego they usually refer to the city. San Diego is also the county which covers a large area so many people break each section down to either San Diego (city), North County, South County or South Bay, and East County.

Old 07-11-2007, 02:18 AM

24 posts, read 131,864 times
Default Submarine base & Surrounding area???

I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this thread. The pictures are beautiful. Anyone have any information on the Submarine base or the surrounding area. We will have the opportunity to relocate from Virginia in a couple of years. I have always heard that the cost of living in San Diego is so high.

As far as housing goes, it seems the El Cajon area seems to be under 200k. Is that considered to be a nice or bad area in San Diego?

Thanks everyone,

Jen

Old 07-11-2007, 05:52 AM

786 posts, read 4,733,123 times
All your pictures are man made areas or the fancy parts of town. Why not show the lower middle class near the Mexican Border areas that many people live in?

Old 07-11-2007, 06:27 AM

1,969 posts, read 6,391,828 times
"Why not show the lower middle class near the Mexican Border areas that many people live in?"

B/C no one visits those areas and few people looking to relocate are going to move to those areas or ever have to venture into them.

Old 07-11-2007, 09:18 AM

840 posts, read 6,515,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenypeny View Post
I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed this thread. The pictures are beautiful. Anyone have any information on the Submarine base or the surrounding area. We will have the opportunity to relocate from Virginia in a couple of years. I have always heard that the cost of living in San Diego is so high.

As far as housing goes, it seems the El Cajon area seems to be under 200k. Is that considered to be a nice or bad area in San Diego?

Thanks everyone,

Jen

El Cajon is sort of mixed.

What kind of information are you looking about the submarine base?

Old 07-12-2007, 12:36 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Glad everyone is still enjoying this thread!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon94 View Post
lol Shame on you sdurbanite...your not suppose to tell!! I'll be doing that in a couple weeks!!
I know, right? Next thing you know we'll be seeing busloads of Japanese tourists crowding the trails all because of me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenypeny
Anyone have any information on the Submarine base or the surrounding area.
Are you referring to the Sub Base in Point Loma? If so, the base is in the same area of the 1st pic that is posted in this thread. Look again, and you can see that's it's a really nice area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler
All your pictures are man made areas or the fancy parts of town. Why not show the lower middle class near the Mexican Border areas that many people live in?
What are you talking about? What's man made? The beaches? The mountains? I can't speak for anyone else, but the pics that I've posted here are places I frequent regularly. I work in La Jolla, live in Kensington, go to the beaches, go to baseball games, hike Cowles Mt, etc. I just thought it would be nice to share things that only San Diegans know about to others just visiting or thinking about moving here.

Why not show the area down by the border? Because I'm rarely in that area. It's the same reason why I have yet to post pics of far North County. Just give me time and I'll make it there, eventually.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:37 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,739,493 times
Who doesn't love Coronado? It's the quintessential Southern California town. With it's vibrant main street, wide sandy beach, good schools, close proximity to everything (airport, downtown, Balboa Park, etc), what more do you need?

Destination Coronado, as seen from the Coronado-Bay Bridge (Don't worry, I wasn't driving when i took this pic)

Looking towards downtown from the bridge

Orange Avenue, the town's main drag

While it looks like you can drive straight into the city, don't forget that the Bay separates the two

Downtown Coronado

Ahhh....the beach, with Point Loma in the distance

Taken from my beachchair....

The famous Hotel Del Coronado in all it's glory (Built in 1888)

Beachfront houses as seen from the wide beach

Beautiful homes

Do your sidewalks look like this?

One of my favorite houses on the Island

Look what $1.25 MILLION DOLLARS gets you in this neck of the woods?!?.......Welcome to California!!!

Heading back home.....

There's Cowles Mountain in distance, which was the hike I took you on earlier in this thread

Hope you enjoyed the tour!!

Old 07-12-2007, 02:50 AM

8,256 posts, read 17,348,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
hmmm...maybe b/c SD is a HUGE county and people don't take leisurely drives through SoCal traffic just to take pics for sum1 in VA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego