Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 11:20 AM

263 posts, read 1,078,937 times

Advertisements

What can I say, I went in with low expectations and left wanting to move there. I'm from Phoenix, moved to Seattle area, back in AZ now, but want to move sometime this year. I had thought 100% certain for Seattle, but SD really turned me on. I was there in 2003 and didn't like it (I'm a self-proclaimed forest and mountain kinda guy), but how age changes things!

The people were very friendly, though not when they were behind the wheel. People asking to takes pics for me, and asking me to take pics of them...small talk, etc. It just felt more like AZ than Seattle, though Seattle people really are not all bad like some seem to think.

Downtown San Diego was a really big shocker and something i didn't see back in '03! Small hills, and fairly dense DT made it feel like I was in Seattle (I love DT seattle), but with far more sun for January.

I'm really thinking about taking up SD in the future when the job market returns to normal and/or if I can work remotely. So I have some questions about the place that maps and job boards don't really tell:

- What areas have the most IT jobs? I'd prefer to not work right smack in DT if possible.
- The 8 was a disaster on both days i was there, so I'd also like to not have to use that death trap if possible for way to work.
- What areas/communites/towns have low crime and are close to works locations with requirements described above?
- Housing prices I can find myself if I know the locations that are good.

Last edited by mikec34; 01-25-2009 at 11:47 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2009, 11:26 AM

Default San Diego Zoo

When I was a very young kid I lived in SD and supposedly went to SD Zoo "several times" (all parent say that, right? ;-). Of course i have no recollection of this. I made sure I hit this spot on this visit to SD so I could actually remember it this time!

Attached Thumbnails
My Trip to San Diego: PB and San Diego Zoo-img_0168.jpg   My Trip to San Diego: PB and San Diego Zoo-img_0188.jpg   My Trip to San Diego: PB and San Diego Zoo-img_0199.jpg   My Trip to San Diego: PB and San Diego Zoo-img_0209.jpg  

Last edited by mikec34; 01-25-2009 at 11:44 AM.. Reason: IMG tag.

Old 01-25-2009, 11:41 AM

Default San Diego Pacific Beach

San Diego Pacific Beach

Attached Thumbnails
My Trip to San Diego: PB and San Diego Zoo-img_0315.jpg   My Trip to San Diego: PB and San Diego Zoo-img_0326.jpg  

Old 01-25-2009, 12:45 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,662,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikec34 View Post
Downtown San Diego was a really big shocker and something i didn't see back in '03! Small hills, and fairly dense DT made it feel like I was in Seattle (I love DT seattle), but with far more sun for January.
I had a similar "shock" last year when I was down there after a baseball game. There were so many people walking around - I felt like I was in New York City! It sure wasn't like that 10 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego