Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2011, 07:49 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,294,472 times

Advertisements

Yes, all those neighborhoods are great, we will be looking there when our lease end is near. The problem with us, we wanted a house with a yard for the dogs and after 5 months of searching, we only found very small ones or very overpriced ones in those neighborhoods, there really is no middle ground. We searched CL every single day, saw a ton of houses that looked promising on paper only to be terrible in person, so we gave up and moved here. Now, we realize condo/apartment living is not so bad! Especially since both our dogs are apartment dogs and want nothing to do with the yard!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2011, 08:25 AM

28 posts, read 67,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MAK802 View Post
Yes, all those neighborhoods are great, we will be looking there when our lease end is near. The problem with us, we wanted a house with a yard for the dogs and after 5 months of searching, we only found very small ones or very overpriced ones in those neighborhoods, there really is no middle ground. We searched CL every single day, saw a ton of houses that looked promising on paper only to be terrible in person, so we gave up and moved here. Now, we realize condo/apartment living is not so bad! Especially since both our dogs are apartment dogs and want nothing to do with the yard!

What I meant was, if you could live anywhere in Downtown what area would it be (as in street/location/amenities) and why? Same thing with Hillcrest.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:29 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,239,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman26 View Post
wow Bloomfield, Clifton and West Orange! so I wont be aloof!
@Lion, how are you enjoying San Diego?
unfortunately i havent made the move yet. just a frequent visitor at this point. still trying to get a job, convince the wife.....i suppose i'll have to sell my house too.

Old 02-03-2011, 09:23 AM

5,026 posts, read 15,294,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tman26 View Post
What I meant was, if you could live anywhere in Downtown what area would it be (as in street/location/amenities) and why? Same thing with Hillcrest.
My friend lives in the El Cortez building on Ash and it is really nice. He's renting an awesome apartment, has great views, and can walk to a ton of places. GratefulDeb's friend just moved to Archstone in downtown and loves it, she can probably give you more info on that.

In Hillcrest, I'd go away from University...streets like Pennsylvania, Richmond, Vermont, Essex, etc. I'm not too familiar with the best place to live in South Park, but we just love the neighborhood and the laidback vibe it gives off. As far as North Park goes, I personally wouldn't go past 30th, it seems to be sketchy there. Even when we'd walk on University from Hillcrest towards 30th, there were a ton of sketchy people there. The area around Morley Field is nice, but then you're right back in suburbia!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:05 PM

1 posts, read 5,465 times
Glad you liked the Trolly shot shmoov_groovzsd MOD CUT. It was shot from the top of the Icon building downtown. Not the parking garage. Look closely at the graffiti on the tan tank in the background. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 02-07-2011 at 09:39 AM.. Reason: pictures, not other issues please

Old 02-07-2011, 07:27 PM

1,872 posts, read 6,495,216 times
From this past weekend in Coronado...

San Diego skyline:

Coronado Bay Bridge shrouded in morning fog:

California Coastal Trail:

San Diego sunset:

Old 02-12-2011, 08:51 AM

8 posts, read 23,756 times
Gorgeous!

Old 02-12-2011, 01:40 PM

63 posts, read 141,660 times
Just stunning Fuzz!!! I guess more photos are in order

Old 02-14-2011, 06:29 AM

2,299 posts, read 4,828,637 times
Wow, Fuzz,
Simply Beautiful. - Mahalo for sharing

Old 02-28-2011, 05:59 PM

5,291 posts, read 12,744,290 times
Who says we don't have winter?!? Took these from the top of Mt. Helix yesterday. Just beautiful......

To the west, Downtown San Diego is about 15 miles away

Facing northeast over the El Cajon Valley

And looking east towards the snow-covered mountains, which are less than 35 miles away (as a crow flies)

Also....when did the area below start turning into Rancho Santa Fe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego