Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 03:58 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,948,884 times

Advertisements

All of these pictures are so beautiful. I've been seriously considering moving to SD, and now i just might. Everytime i think i may not move there, i look at pictures and change my mind....SD here i come!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2008, 01:40 AM

5,291 posts, read 12,744,290 times
The local news has been saying that we're nearing the peak of whale watching season, so today a friend and I headed to Cabrillo National Monument to see if we could spot the seasonal migration. Well, wouldn't you know it, we saw nothing. Oh well, it's still a beautiful place to visit at any time.

Of course, I managed to snap a few pics to share with you.

We're suppose to get more rain tomorrow (yeah!), so it was a bit hazy today

Plenty of sailboats in the ocean

The centerpiece of the park

Statue of Juan Rodriguez Cabrillo, who discovered San Diego bay around 1542

The tiny, historic lighthouse was built in 1854

Winter rains are turning the chaparral green throughout the county

The "New" lighthouse was built in 1891

Unfortunately, because we went towards the end of the day, the best part of the park (The Tidepools) was already closed

Old 02-03-2008, 11:12 AM

151 posts, read 459,944 times
Default awesome pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambazon View Post
I never looked into this thread until now, and just looking at those photos makes me so proud to live in such a beautiful city. I am now compelled to just go on a picture-taking frenzy during my little expeditions around the whole city.

I'm in Chicago and was considering moving there in the next few years. I'm looking all over the country, but San Diego is supposed to have the best climate. Is there an earthquake threat there? How is the problem with illegal immigration since it's very close to the Mexican border? I would love to get a one-bedroom condo there.

Old 02-03-2008, 03:11 PM

233 posts, read 886,018 times
Default Posting Pics

Just wondering. I have many pics from my various trips to SD. How do I post them here?

Old 02-04-2008, 10:05 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,357,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGerardo View Post
I'm in Chicago and was considering moving there in the next few years. I'm looking all over the country, but San Diego is supposed to have the best climate. Is there an earthquake threat there? How is the problem with illegal immigration since it's very close to the Mexican border? I would love to get a one-bedroom condo there.
SD has the smallest earthquake risk of a big city in CA except for Sacramento. The illegal immigration is much worse in LA and areas of Arizona than in SD. Not to say there isn't any, but it's not as bad as other areas, but it will get worse.

Yes, all of SoCal is the best weather and scenery in the country. You can see snow on mountains, behind a beautiful skyline, while taking a walk on the beach. But, you pay dearly for this paradise. A one bed in a good area can be 500k+.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:09 PM

8,256 posts, read 17,357,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDeb View Post
Just wondering. I have many pics from my various trips to SD. How do I post them here?
Upload them to your computer and save them in an easily accessible file. Start an account at photobucket.com and upload them there. Then, click on the one that starts with "[img]" and ends with "[/img]" and it automatically copies the link. Come to this site, and paste the link.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GratefulDeb View Post
You need to have a photo hosting site. I use Photobucket. Do you know anyone that can explain how to use it? I'm a horrible teacher, and I'd just confuse you with the process. It's actually very easy once you get used to it.

Old 02-04-2008, 10:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
Upload them to your computer and save them in an easily accessible file. Start an account at photobucket.com and upload them there. Then, click on the one that starts with "[img]" and ends with "[/img]" and it automatically copies the link. Come to this site, and paste the link.
Hey, we must have been typing our answers at the exact same time. I'll let you take over from here....

Old 02-05-2008, 05:48 PM

233 posts, read 886,018 times
Cool Two Teenage daughters

Ah yes. My tow teenage daughter run circles around me on this thing. I will have them help me over the weekend and I will post early next week.

Old 02-06-2008, 04:50 AM

3 posts, read 14,528 times
hi. having grown up in san diego and stompping all of the places that i have just seen on this post, i am sooo homesick. not sure why i ever chose to leave. i only know that now, a bunch of years later, i could never afford to move back financially. i should have never left. if you live there, soak up the sun and a good beer for me while playing horseshoes in the beautiful outdoors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego