Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 03:38 PM

5,026 posts, read 15,289,798 times

Advertisements

We are moving on Oct 5 and it looks like we will be buying all new furniture. We just got quoted a ridiculous amount for moving very few items and it would be cheaper to just get new stuff. Where is a good place to get furniture? We are moving to La Jolla, if that makes a difference. Thanks for any help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2008, 07:04 PM

786 posts, read 3,925,153 times
There are tons of furniture stores along Miramar Way - not far at all from La Jolla- just a little inland. The major furniture stores here are Ashley, Jerome's and Mor Furniture.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:50 PM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
If you want a great place to get furniture that is stylish and affordable, go to Ikea!!! I love Ikea, all my furniture is from there, and when i move down to San Diego that will be where i get my furniture there. I've shopped for full apartments worth of furniture there more than once and always had a good experience. Look at their website it'll show ya alot of what they've got. Check it out!

Old 04-09-2008, 09:36 AM

44 posts, read 197,160 times
I love West Elm (west elm. Furniture, accessories for modern homes.), and luckily San Diego has an actual store/showroom in Mission Valley. Somewhat Ikea-ish but higher prices and quality, in my opinion.
Of course, if you have some cash to spend, I'd make a trip downtown to Design within Reach (Design Within Reach: The Best in Modern Design).
There are a couple of "design centers" around San Diego that have a bunch of furniture/interior design stores colocated. One that I know of is down here in Eastlake (www.eastlakedesigndistrict (broken link)). There's a Lane, Basset and a couple of other furniture stores so you can get your shopping done in several places in one trip.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:29 PM

5,319 posts, read 8,985,244 times
Craigslist !!!

san diego furniture classifieds - craigslist (broken link)

Why pay thousands of dollars for brand new furniture ???

San Diego is home to many very wealthy families, and they often sell used furniture they no longer need at really great prices.

Sometimes they even give furniture away for free:

san diego free stuff classifieds - craigslist

Check Craiglist often, and you will be pleasantly surprised!

Old 04-09-2008, 05:36 PM

5 posts, read 25,525 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
If you want a great place to get furniture that is stylish and affordable, go to Ikea!!! I love Ikea, all my furniture is from there, and when i move down to San Diego that will be where i get my furniture there. I've shopped for full apartments worth of furniture there more than once and always had a good experience. Look at their website it'll show ya alot of what they've got. Check it out!
Definitely! I love Ikea, I just feel right at home there . I can't help myself, but I found the furniture stores here to have kinda old fashioned stuff, a lot of dark wood etc and huge. Not my style at all, that's why I always recommend Ikea. You just have to love it!

But the websites returnednative posted have really nice and modern stuff (especially the west elm one). Thanks for that one!

I've been to Jerome's and Mor furniture (for less or whatever it's called) and some other ones where I can't remember the names and didn't buy anything, because I couldn't find anything I liked, but that's probably just me.

Old 04-10-2008, 03:33 AM

395 posts, read 1,363,877 times
hmmmmm....
IKEA
IKEA
IKEA
lol...I like ikea a lot. That is my suggestion. It is actually fun to shop for furniture! Anyways, check it out for yourself! You will understand.

Old 04-10-2008, 08:56 PM

1,658 posts, read 7,575,819 times
IKEA baby!!!Best place if your simi-cheep and you have a funky style.

Old 04-10-2008, 09:13 PM

181 posts, read 892,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The A-Team View Post
I agree with this poster. They have pretty good stuff and very reasonable prices. You just have to put it together yourself, but its not hard. If I can do it anyone can. The only things I wouldnt buy there are couches....There is an Ikea in mission valley.

Old 04-11-2008, 12:11 AM

Location: Originally Fayetteville, Arkansas/ now Seattle, Washington!
1,047 posts, read 3,947,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cnkad View Post
I agree with this poster. They have pretty good stuff and very reasonable prices. You just have to put it together yourself, but its not hard. If I can do it anyone can. The only things I wouldnt buy there are couches....There is an Ikea in mission valley.
The furniture generally is easy to put together, though i know at the one here in Seattle you can have people come out and put the stuff together. I bought a leather couch at ikea which I LOVE, it is sooo nice and was pretty affordable. Put together the metal legs on the bottom and it actually was pretty easy. Second couch i've had from Ikea, i dont know why you wouldn't want one from there, but they are very nice for the price! And i agree with what you said lol, if people like us can put the stuff together it must be easy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego