Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 AM

10 posts, read 42,487 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I am graduating with a BS in Business Admin. w/ a concentration in OL and a minor in Economics this May. I am looking to move to SD in Sept., preferably with a job but most likely w/o one as I have yet to hear back from the many companies I have already applied to. I am assuming this is because as of right now I live in NH and I still have quite a few months before I can start working in SD.

That said, what is the likelihood of me getting a $40,000 a year job (approx.) in SD with my degree? I have a broad degree, meaning I think I could apply to business-associated jobs accross the board as my degree isn't very specific.

I joined SanDiegoJobs.com, posted a resume, and have been applying. Does anyone have any comments and/or suggestions as to what else I can do to ensure the greatest possibility of finding work prior to moving? And if thats completely unreasonable, what are my chances of finding an entry-level position w/i a couple months of living there? I am saving up right now so that if I need to I can living in a month-to-month apartment for upto 2 months while I try to secure a job. Any replies would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 AM

10 posts, read 42,487 times
I should also mention I have 3 years work experience with Ameriprise Financial as an assistant to a senior advisor.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:42 AM

11 posts, read 50,573 times
I have a few freinds that have done exactly what you were doing. One of them works for a small company, and has a Masters and BofS in Graphic Design. Her annual pay is 40k. I also have another freind who works for one of the nations top consulting firms, and she makes around 40k. Both of them are entry level positions as well.

So I would think with your work experience, motivation, and degree, you will be able to make 40k.

Im in the same boat as you, however I have been working out of college for 2 years with a consulting firm. I have the same degree, but with a finance concentration. Im looking to make the move around the same time you are.

Good luck with your move and I hope you land a job making more then what you want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego