Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2011, 08:19 PM

6,908 posts, read 8,999,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
Don't get me wrong life here is good and I find lots of ways to enjoy it. It's just tough working 60+ hours a week to afford it, especially with 2 little ones.
Good first sentence but the 2nd is whining like your 2 little ones. I work the same hrs as you, rent, with 2 progeny and am exhausted many weekday nights, first half of Saturday, and in need of 3rd weekend day, but all that is just commentary not b.a.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2011, 08:26 PM

9,527 posts, read 30,583,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloom View Post
Good first sentence but the 2nd is whining like your 2 little ones. I work the same hrs as you, rent, with 2 progeny and am exhausted many weekday nights, first half of Saturday, and in need of 3rd weekend day, but all that is just commentary not b.a.
Thanks for the commentary. Didn't ask your opinion and don't care now that you've given it.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:01 PM

1,148 posts, read 3,003,671 times
I was going to write something back to sav858, but his complaints about what I wrote are just so off from reality, that it is really not worth writing him.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:33 AM

18,984 posts, read 32,833,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini_cute View Post
I was going to write something back to sav858, but his complaints about what I wrote are just so off from reality, that it is really not worth writing him.
So you decided to write a comment about not wanting to write me? haha....ok. My comments were pretty spot on so that's probably why you can't respond, the truth hurts I'm sure. Overall you seem to know so little about your current and previous locations, but given that you've spent less than 3 years total in both SF and SD compared to 25 for me it should come as no surprise.

Old 07-25-2011, 12:47 AM

591 posts, read 869,512 times
From my perspective, raised in the Bay Area:

Reasons not to:
Geography is too flat
Non-hispanic restaurants are not high-caliber, mostly lousy chains
Too close to Mexico (sorry, the gangbangers ruined that country's rep)
Beaches are not as warm like in Malibu/Santa Monica
Too expensive

Reasons to:
Great historical buildings such as the Hotel Del Coronado
Cultural things (Shakespeare, the Zoo)
Del Mar Race track
Close to the water
Great little shops
Great hispanic restaurants
The Padres games always have lots of SF Giants fans

Old 07-25-2011, 12:55 AM

18,984 posts, read 32,833,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Blues View Post
Beaches are not as warm like in Malibu/Santa Monica
There is very little difference between the two, if anything SD is slightly warmer as it's farther south. I always look at water temps and rarely is Santa Monica higher than SD.

Old 07-25-2011, 10:26 AM

3,545 posts, read 6,060,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
There is very little difference between the two, if anything SD is slightly warmer as it's farther south. I always look at water temps and rarely is Santa Monica higher than SD.
Right, the water is always warmest between La Jolla and Oceanside, and the temps drop off quite steeply North of Long Beach.

Old 07-29-2011, 06:08 PM

3 posts, read 9,027 times
You guys are scaring me. Is SD really that uncultured? I have been stuck down here in southern MS and southern Lousiana before that for so long that I feel there is no reason to live. I have lived in both NYC and San Diego and have never been met with so much agression and unfriendly people in all my life as here. They can tell when you're not local and if you're not God help you. I'm exhausted trying to fit in with this place and now after years of promises from my husband that we are leaving and nothing happens I have resigned to the fact that I have to go on my own. I can't find a job and my surgeon also from Tulane told me in order to get a job here in the south I have to tell them I dropped out in 9th grade. As funny and pathetic as it sounds I am begging you dear posters to please tell me where you DO reccomend an escape route to. I miss city life and culture. The suburbs here are unbearable. Six expensive cars in the driveway of modest houses and they're so freaky they can't even wave over to me the newbie.Rural suburan life has gotten the best of me. Help!! Thanks for reading my more than just a little frightened rant. Have to get out of here.For many more reasons than the rotten weather.

Old 07-29-2011, 10:31 PM

299 posts, read 1,135,733 times
Reasons not to:

Expensive housing for what you get (cracker boxes that need serious updating)
Lack of jobs (not a place to grow ones career)
"Border" town and it shows
Lack of culture. Sorry.. this is flatly true.
Food... land of the chain restaurants!!! If you don't like mexican food you are out of luck!
No sense of community.. maybe in North park or Hillcrest?
Fake boobs and pumped up lips.. too much focus on looks/handbags/cars and not on intellectualness.
Vacuous downtown with frat boy Gaslamp district and the rest of it is seedy.

Reasons to move here:
Weather!!! If you don't mind the same thing day in and day out every day!

Old 07-29-2011, 11:36 PM

14,773 posts, read 21,596,466 times
You hate sunshine
All of your family lives outside of the SW region of America
You hate mountains
If San Diego doesnt fit your price range

I honestly had a hard time making this list. But im more of a Southern California person so San Diego would be a great place for me. For some people however San Diego just isnt for them. It really depends on the person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Diego