Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-20-2009, 08:57 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,769 times

Advertisements

*Beautifully maintained gated community in a quiet residential tree-lined s (http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst/apa/1384383901.html - broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2009, 12:31 AM

27 posts, read 162,782 times
Default ...back to the original question re: murrieta amenities

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony74 View Post
I want to move to southern California, but also need a more affordable place to live. I would also like to be able to take day trips to the beach, hiking, San Diego, or LA. Apartments there seem to be $800-900 for a decent size, which would be good. I work from home as a freelance writer. What is Murrieta like? What is there to do? Is there a good rec/community center? A nice library? Does anyone know about the Waterstone at Murrieta apartment complex? It looks good in the pictures and the price is good, but it's hard to tell from pictures. I'm 25 moving from Boise.
Hi there OP. I also work from home as a writer and nonprofit consultant so I feel confident that the rush hour traffic situation will not bother you any more than it does me. Just plan carefully for any meetings, outings, etc to avoid not only the commuter times but also the school pick-up times. The lack of public transportation and driving etiquette here is shameful. As to the library, I for one LOVE it. They integrate all inventory within a countywide system and allow requests for intra and inter- system transfers and holds. Anything I request, on every topic I have needed so far, appears as if by magic at my nearby, friendly and streamlined branch. The web portal is Riverside County Library System

Regarding activities...well I am a bit older than you but I lived in Murrieta in my early 20's and traveled often to SD, LA, Mexico, OC, Las Vegas, mountains and anywhere else there was fun to be found. I moved away for 10 years and have now returned to Menifee (just north) and find the local situation has improved but not much. Old Town Temecula has some hot-ish spots now but they close kind of early. Luckily there are abundant options for any tastes within a very short distance. Good luck to you!

Old 09-24-2009, 02:51 PM

181 posts, read 684,655 times
Default Murrieta

Murrieta is the nicest out of all the cities in the IE but thats not saying much. Its a little nice town right smack in the middle of the ghetto desert communities. I guess if you really want to move to the IE, Murrietas the place.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:27 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,955,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahkate_m View Post
IMO, it's just a place you'll want to leave before 5 years are up. Why bother? I feel that way about all of Riverside & SB county areas.
My 5 year mark for living in Fontana was August 1. Still love living here. I should probably note that my commute consists of walking through a door into the next room.

Old 09-24-2009, 09:56 PM

Stick with Southern IE. STAY AWAY from San Bernardino, Rialto, Fontana, Ontario, Upland. Some reasonable options would be Temecula area. There is also Fallbrook which is technically in North San Diego county, but is less than 10 minutes south of temecula. Fallbrook, I must admit is nice. So is Bonsall.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harmony74 View Post
I want to move to southern California, but also need a more affordable place to live. I would also like to be able to take day trips to the beach, hiking, San Diego, or LA. Apartments there seem to be $800-900 for a decent size, which would be good. I work from home as a freelance writer. What is Murrieta like? What is there to do? Is there a good rec/community center? A nice library? Does anyone know about the Waterstone at Murrieta apartment complex? It looks good in the pictures and the price is good, but it's hard to tell from pictures. I'm 25 moving from Boise.

I currently live in waterstone Murrieta )))) You can message me if you have any questions. My lease is actually up next month, I've been here for 5 months. Not too bad here, but a BETTER option- MUCH BETTER - would be the new apartments down the street on Los Alamos called Silverado. WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY nicer and cheaper !!!!!!!!

Old 09-24-2009, 10:09 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,908,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
Murrieta is the nicest out of all the cities in the IE but thats not saying much. Its a little nice town right smack in the middle of the ghetto desert communities. I guess if you really want to move to the IE, Murrietas the place.
It's not in the desert. It's next to Temecula (which has the same demographics as Murrieta) and Canyon Lake (which MORE affluent than Murrieta).

Also, I think Redlands, MUCH of Riverside, Upland, and Claremont (if you consider it to be the IE) are nicer communities. But it's all relative.

Old 09-24-2009, 10:26 PM

70 posts, read 206,911 times
I'm 25 and I honestly don't think this area has much to offer a single person with no kids. I am married with 2 kids and we fit in well. If I were you, I'd look in SD county or OC.

Old 09-24-2009, 11:24 PM

191 posts, read 586,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by that1guy View Post
It's not in the desert. It's next to Temecula (which has the same demographics as Murrieta) and Canyon Lake (which MORE affluent than Murrieta).

Also, I think Redlands, MUCH of Riverside, Upland, and Claremont (if you consider it to be the IE) are nicer communities. But it's all relative.
+1. Add Chino Hills to the mix, which has the highest median household income in San Berdoo / Riverside.

IE in general is geared toward families, though you'll find exceptions for singles in places like Palm Springs/La Quinta, Arrowhead/Big Bear, and Claremont.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:30 PM

2,184 posts, read 5,552,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brittanykayy View Post
Stick with Southern IE. STAY AWAY from San Bernardino, Rialto, Fontana, Ontario, Upland. Some reasonable options would be Temecula area. There is also Fallbrook which is technically in North San Diego county, but is less than 10 minutes south of temecula. Fallbrook, I must admit is nice. So is Bonsall.
not sure if it matters to anyone but Bonsall & Fallbrook are in SD county.... that in itself makes them superior *L*

K.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties