Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 09:16 PM

79 posts, read 347,267 times

Advertisements

Hello

I need some info from you guys.
Could you please tell me something about the area I have "highlighted" on the map? We are planning to buy a house in that area and would like to hear some info about safety, friendliness of people, distances for shopping etc. We don't have kids, so schools don't matter.
Thank you for your input in advance.

Last edited by butacska; 07-12-2008 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: spell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 09:27 PM

483 posts, read 902,746 times
You will finds lots of close by shopping. Wal Mart, Lowes, Home Depot, Kohls, and lots of furniture stores in that area.

I wouldn't worry about safety issues. I've been here 6 years and its not L.A. but the riff-raff have moved in.

As for friendliness, well, what can I say, I'm a Northerner who moved south and I don't find SO CAL people overly friendly. Be prepared for rude drivers.

Murrieta and Temecula both are nice towns that are very family oriented...lots of kids. And most of the people from Orange County moved here as first time home buyers or just wanted to get out of the big city.

The concern I would have is that Highway 215 has been scheduled to be widened. Its two lanes on either side of the divide and I think they want to go with 4 on each side. Its been an ongoing issue and some neighborhoods will be impacted. Too much traffic going towards Riverside and vice versa. Not sure how that would impact YOUR neighborhood.

The other thing you need to make certain of is the tax base of your particular neighborhood. Rates vary widely with some areas that have much higher rates (bond measures, etc.) Check it out with your realtor beforehand.

Last edited by SoCalTwinkie; 07-12-2008 at 09:29 PM.. Reason: Additions

Old 07-12-2008, 09:42 PM

79 posts, read 347,267 times
SoCalTwinkie, thank you for your quick response.
The house, we are looking at is 2000 feet from the 215 as the crow flies.
The taxes are pretty low, thank God, 1.2% all together. We have been in Murrieta a couple of times already, seems like a really nice area, the old town on the other side of the 15 is adorable... but haven't lived there to know this particular neighborhood. I heard that the crime rate is quite low in Murrieta, just wanted to make sure that this area is OK.
Thank you again, I appreciate your time.

Old 07-14-2008, 08:14 PM

214 posts, read 1,084,543 times
Good area. Lots of close retail and established neighborhoods to the south.

Old 07-19-2008, 02:22 PM

656 posts, read 1,310,011 times
yep you will find all you need in the area not far from los alamos road. right off of madison there is all the newest shops and restaurants. and a really good coffee shop called it's a grind where they have live music several times per week. welcome to the area.

Old 08-09-2008, 10:23 PM

21 posts, read 68,829 times
Default Good area

That is a good area. I used to live in the area around 2000-2002 and my sister still lives there with her family. I have never felt unsafe in that area.

Old 08-11-2008, 10:10 AM

80 posts, read 276,203 times
We have friends that live over there & they have awesome neighbors, never have had a problem (crime/saftey) and really like it. They live in a smaller/older (for Temecula/Murrieta standards) home and do not want to move to a bigger &/or better home because they like their neighbors & neighborhood so much.....

Old 08-21-2008, 07:51 PM
Ohs

236 posts, read 712,875 times
I grew up in Murrieta and didn't like it as a kid, but as an adult I am thinking of moving back. I live in San Jose now and hate hate hate it to no end. Now that I want a family and house I have yet to find a better area for this then Murrieta and Temecula. The only few factors that do bother me about moving back is how crowded it has gotten there and the terrible traffic since there is only two major freeways and tons of people commute so if one freeway is messed up then everyone goes on the other freeway. Murrieta has also changed into a more orange county feel, teens are getting boob implants and brand new cars at 16 years old. But in comparison to what I have lived in since the positives still out way the negatives. The housing is still affordable and the community is safe. You will know if the area is not a good one by the looks of it, so either way you picked a great town.

Old 08-22-2008, 10:31 AM

83 posts, read 381,979 times
As a Temecula resident I have a natural bias, but I personally like the Temecula/Murrieta area as a whole. These are two "sister cities" that work well together. I drive in and out of Murrieta often as a soccer coach (AYSO for the Temecula/Murrieta area is awesome) and my wife had a business in Murrieta off Murrieta Hot Springs Rd.

Although the business is closed now, the time spent there was great. We interracted with the local residents often and always found them to be fun and engaging.

I couldn't honestly comment on the particular area within Murrieta that you circled though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties