Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2008, 02:05 PM

69 posts, read 1,128,984 times

Advertisements

Hi!

We're moving to Menifee! Do you have any tips or advice on the area?

Our home is located off of Scott Road. We don't to commute, and we're moving from San Diego.

Yippie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2008, 01:54 AM

1,043 posts, read 3,439,592 times
My brother lives off Scott road, and we live about 15 miles from there.. Its a pretty nice area, and close to the freeway when you do have to go somewhere. Temecula is close and gives ya plenty to do as far as entertainment. Good luck!

Old 07-17-2008, 06:30 AM

Thanks! I'm so excited!

Old 07-19-2008, 02:17 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,487 times
hi i don't know if you have moved to menifee or not but i live in menifee currently and meybe this will help you. if you absoluteky have to go to temecula go in the late morning to afternoon. because we live off of the 215 the freeway getting home gets really crowded during commuting hours. we are getting a huge new shopping complex with restaurants thank god cause we really don't have much at all in that area. another option for shopping if you want to avoid temecula which is what i do. i only go there if i have to. take scott road west which turns into bundy cyn rd. and will take you into wildomar. hop on the 15 frwy going N and you can either get off at nichols road for the outlets or you can keep going into corona for dos lagos. so anyway welcome to menifee. if i can help you with anything else let me know

Old 07-20-2008, 08:49 AM

Shannon thanks so much for the tips! I appreciate it. We ran into the 215 traffic on Friday afternoon, and what a nightmare that was. Is there a backway to get to Scott road by taking Clinton Keith or another road? I'm not sure if Antelope goes all the way to Clinton Keith. Also I think the 79 goes to Scott, but I'm assuming that is a parking lot as well. We'll figure it out slowly but surely! Thanks again!

Old 07-20-2008, 11:29 AM

87 posts, read 411,251 times
My freind moved there in high school he went to paloma high school. Menifee is ok Temecula and perris arent far neither is SAn bernardino. Weather is hot in summer lot hotter that san diego depending on where in SD your coming from.

Old 07-26-2008, 02:13 PM

195 posts, read 515,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzy View Post
Shannon thanks so much for the tips! I appreciate it. We ran into the 215 traffic on Friday afternoon, and what a nightmare that was. Is there a backway to get to Scott road by taking Clinton Keith or another road? I'm not sure if Antelope goes all the way to Clinton Keith. Also I think the 79 goes to Scott, but I'm assuming that is a parking lot as well. We'll figure it out slowly but surely! Thanks again!
Antelope Rd does go all the wat to Scott Rd. It almost seems to take the same amount of time to me during the commute from Temecula. Scott goes to the 79 but way out of the way. I find myself staying on the 215 most of the time. This is the fun of moving to a new community.....exploring! Good Luck to you

Old 07-27-2008, 08:00 AM

Well we are here in Menifee!

Wow that Bundy Canyon road was quite a trip over to the 15! lol. I bet there are a lot of accidents on that road at night.

We are really liking it here. The roosters crowing in the morning was a suprise! It's much hotter than we are use to in San Diego, but the house seems to be insulated well and it keeps pretty cool inside.

Our RE agent told us that it always cools down about 4 PM! Yeah right!

Any good restaurants in the Scott Rd. area? I'm sick of Carls Jr and Subway and our appliances won't arrive for a few more days!

Old 07-27-2008, 09:32 AM

43 posts, read 243,662 times
I am from San Diego. I lived off Scott Road for a year. I think you will miss San Diego, I know we did.

Old 07-27-2008, 05:15 PM

I do love San Diego, but I love this house much more. We lived in San Diego for 13 years, and it just isn't the same there anymore....Though I'll still go visit!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties