Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2012, 12:57 AM
pll pll started this thread

1,112 posts, read 2,486,036 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to possibly move to this area. I haven't found too much information on this city. I know that homes are affordible. I would be interested in learning more. Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2012, 02:53 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,378,530 times
Did you do a search on City-Data? I know we've talked about Menifee before, so I'm sure there's lots of good info, already in this forum.

Moderator cut: see note

Last edited by Count David; 04-10-2012 at 09:17 AM.. Reason: fixed it!

Old 04-11-2012, 12:36 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
I live in Menifee. What would you like to know ? I can give you detailed info.

Old 04-11-2012, 09:00 AM
pll pll started this thread

1,112 posts, read 2,486,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
I live in Menifee. What would you like to know ? I can give you detailed info.
Menifee seems like a newer city and I'm having a hard time getting information about this area.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to living in Menifee?
Is there a lot of crime?
Are the schools good?
What are the future building plans of the city, if any ( stores, restaurants, etc.)?
Is is better to buy a home on the west or east side of I 215?
Do you have any advice about communiting to Temecula or San Diego? (better times of day and which times to avoid)
What are the more desirable subdivisions?

Thank you!

Old 04-13-2012, 08:54 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,397,854 times
Yes, it's only been incorporated for approx. four years. But it was here when I moved back in 96', was just an unincorporated area of Riverside county. It was, and still is, considered a bedroom community.

Also, it sits on solid bedrock, which is what I was told by the counties geologist when I was researching for my move. Not sure if that's relevant to you or not but thought I would throw it in.

Hmm, advantages and disadvantages...

Advantages:
Within an hours drive of San Diego, Orange County, Palm Springs.
Not a lot of Apartment Buildings
Menifee Market Place
Farmers markets
A larger police presence

Well, 16 years ago it was a small sleepy town with a population of approx. 8,000. That was one of the reasons I chose Menifee over Temecula. That is no longer the case. I think were at about 70,000. So, to me, that's a disadvantage.

Yes, there is some crime. I'm attaching a couple of websites so you can see it for yourself. Along with a site on the history of Menifee and demographics. There seems to be a lot of property crime, vehicle theft and some car jackings. There are quite a few registered sex offenders too. I personally have not been a victim of any of these crimes. I've had a few things stolen from my front yard but other than that nothing really bad. I did witness a car jacking and armed robbery in Temecula.

More disadvantages:

Too freakin' hot from June thru October.
Too many people
Too much traffic
Too many chem-trails
Larger police presence
Same weather all year...no seasons
Too much to list...but you get the idea

The schools are year round which means when it's 110 degrees your kid has to sit in a classroom with no air-conditioning. I pulled my kid out when he was in 1st grade due to the fact that a 4th grader brought a knife to school and was brandishing it on the playground. I have been home schooling him ever since. You may want to ask someone else's opinion on that because I'm really down on public schooling. Sorry.

Future plans:
We just got a new Texas BBQ type restaurant...we have a Red Robin...and an outdoor mall...not sure what else will come...there have been many plans for building that have fallen through and great speculation on that subject.

There has also been a lot of talk about the city being bankrupt. Not sure though what will happen with that.

Definitely buy on the East side. Some very nice communities include: Mapleton, Menifee lakes, Menifee Greens, Tierra Shores, Lakeside, and Summerhouse at the Lakes. I'm sure there are quite a few more, but I can't think of them. Canyon

Commuting to Temecula is not as bad as San Diego. I've driven at all times of the day on the 215 and the 15 fwys and there is always traffic. More during the early morning, and after about 2pm...and then again between 6-7 is the heaviest. At least that's been my experience.

It's just like any other city in America. Honestly, though, if I were to have my "druthers" I'd move to Idaho or someplace with four seasons and lots of open land. Or I'd buy in Murrieta or Temecula. Just because there is more to do, more shopping, restaurants, nightlife...etc...but there's crime there too.

I know there are some other people on this board that live here, so maybe they can give you a different perspective, and more info.

Search California Registered Sex Offenders- California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General
Menifee Crime - [domain blocked due to spam]
Menifee Crime Reports - Menifee CA Crime Statistics and Crime Rates
Menifee, CA - Official Website - Police Department
city Of Menifee--City Of Menifee- Menifee, CA
Menifee, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck in your search !

Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 PM

3,532 posts, read 6,423,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tkdmom View Post
Yes, it's only been incorporated for approx. four years. But it was here when I moved back in 96', was just an unincorporated area of Riverside county. It was, and still is, considered a bedroom community.

Also, it sits on solid bedrock, which is what I was told by the counties geologist when I was researching for my move. Not sure if that's relevant to you or not but thought I would throw it in.

Hmm, advantages and disadvantages...

Advantages:
Within an hours drive of San Diego, Orange County, Palm Springs.
Not a lot of Apartment Buildings
Menifee Market Place
Farmers markets
A larger police presence

Well, 16 years ago it was a small sleepy town with a population of approx. 8,000. That was one of the reasons I chose Menifee over Temecula. That is no longer the case. I think were at about 70,000. So, to me, that's a disadvantage.

Yes, there is some crime. I'm attaching a couple of websites so you can see it for yourself. Along with a site on the history of Menifee and demographics. There seems to be a lot of property crime, vehicle theft and some car jackings. There are quite a few registered sex offenders too. I personally have not been a victim of any of these crimes. I've had a few things stolen from my front yard but other than that nothing really bad. I did witness a car jacking and armed robbery in Temecula.

More disadvantages:

Too freakin' hot from June thru October.
Too many people
Too much traffic
Too many chem-trails
Larger police presence
Same weather all year...no seasons
Too much to list...but you get the idea

The schools are year round which means when it's 110 degrees your kid has to sit in a classroom with no air-conditioning. I pulled my kid out when he was in 1st grade due to the fact that a 4th grader brought a knife to school and was brandishing it on the playground. I have been home schooling him ever since. You may want to ask someone else's opinion on that because I'm really down on public schooling. Sorry.

Future plans:
We just got a new Texas BBQ type restaurant...we have a Red Robin...and an outdoor mall...not sure what else will come...there have been many plans for building that have fallen through and great speculation on that subject.

There has also been a lot of talk about the city being bankrupt. Not sure though what will happen with that.

Definitely buy on the East side. Some very nice communities include: Mapleton, Menifee lakes, Menifee Greens, Tierra Shores, Lakeside, and Summerhouse at the Lakes. I'm sure there are quite a few more, but I can't think of them. Canyon

Commuting to Temecula is not as bad as San Diego. I've driven at all times of the day on the 215 and the 15 fwys and there is always traffic. More during the early morning, and after about 2pm...and then again between 6-7 is the heaviest. At least that's been my experience.

It's just like any other city in America. Honestly, though, if I were to have my "druthers" I'd move to Idaho or someplace with four seasons and lots of open land. Or I'd buy in Murrieta or Temecula. Just because there is more to do, more shopping, restaurants, nightlife...etc...but there's crime there too.

I know there are some other people on this board that live here, so maybe they can give you a different perspective, and more info.

Search California Registered Sex Offenders- California Dept. of Justice - Office of the Attorney General
Menifee Crime - [domain blocked due to spam]
Menifee Crime Reports - Menifee CA Crime Statistics and Crime Rates
Menifee, CA - Official Website - Police Department
city Of Menifee--City Of Menifee- Menifee, CA
Menifee, California - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Good luck in your search !
You are right on point about Menifee. I moved here right during the construction boom in 2004. I live in the Menifee Greens community, and my neighborhood is still nice and clean. But I do think that Heritage Lake and the Lakes community are much nicer, since those communities are newer. As far as crime, I haven't had anyone steal anything from my porch. But someone did cut my water hose coupling, for the brass.

The traffic before and after school can be a hassel, especially travelling on Newport Rd between 7:30 and 8:30 am and 2:30 and 5pm.

My wife saw the sign for BJ's that will be coming to Menifee soon. I also was told that Panera Bread is coming too.

Old 05-17-2014, 04:52 AM

1 posts, read 5,081 times
I lived in Menifee Lakes on Stillwater Drive from 2009-2014. It was way too hot there and was usually way too boring... had my car broken into twice, had two checks waiting for the mailman - stolen right out of my mailbox... couldn't stand the creeps hanging out at the local Shell Station at night, making their 'deals' and hitting you up for cash... encountered numerous 'crack-addict' types throughout the city(usually at gas stations or shopping center parking lots); alas, I found myself in in the presence of decent people at places like the Revival Church on Scott Road! Had to drive too far to get to where I really wanted to be, lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties