Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2008, 07:50 PM

6 posts, read 6,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda88 View Post
I moved from the Inland Empire in February of this year. The worst place in the world for families, children activities, housing, jobs, and shopping. There have been so many budget cuts in the Inland Empire it is unreal. I moved from Redlands, Ca. They had high rent, not family oriented, the top "Devil Worshipping" city in the Ca and the US, gang members, poor policing, racism, education is ok, slum landlords, poverty among the causcian race, very little help for seniors, and kids just wander around unsupervised, need i say more...

San Bernardino is listed as being one of the cities with a "high murder rate", and high proverty rate among all races, gangs, drugs, poor policing, corruption, poor education system, and the list goes on. Riverside county was just not my cup of tea. People are very cold toward each other, and it is everyone for themselves. No unity at all. The same pertains to San Bernardino, Redlands, Redondo Beach, Long Beach, and most of the California cities. Riverside city bus service is does not offer good service at all. Riverside county is underdeveloped, racist, stupid, unprofessional, rent is extremely high, very little job growth, too far to go from one location to another, drugs, drugs, and more drugs, overcrowed schools, poor education system, etc.... Ignorance is rampant in California, and everyone wants to place the blame on everyone from city government, county, and state government. I refuse to suggest any other counties in California, as i found no others fit what my family needed, so i did not check any further. Just decided it was time to get out.

If you see the chance to relocate take it, but not before thoroughly researching every state. This is what you would look for, kid friendly, job economy, churches, the cost of housing, safe neighborhoods, crime, schools, shopping, city officials, police enforcement, taxes, commute to and from work, state government, theater, activities for yourself, community involvement, gyms, their located in proximity of major cities, night life, retirement communities. These are just starters. You do want to be well rounded.

My son came home and told me his friends said "What your mother found on the internet about Redlands is right". They told him devil worshipping was happening at the Barton Mansion, on a regular basis. I saw for myself a satanic sign painted on a closed gas station. I saw very few, and i mean a very few attending church during the week or Sunday's. Please, everyone donot bother responding. I lived in California for 25 years and know what i speak about. Have a wonderful and blessed day!!!
I've lived in southern California my whole life and have visited family friends in Redlands and nearby areas since I was a kid...You are right in most of what you said above, but "Devil Worshipping"??!! It's obvious you are devout to the point where you are deluding yourself about the true nature of places based on whether a few nuts worship the Devil or not; if so, you're kinda nutty yourself..!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2008, 08:38 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,493,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda88 View Post
I moved from the Inland Empire in February of this year. The worst place in the world for families, children activities, housing, jobs, and shopping.

Have a wonderful and blessed day!!!
That's not the Inland Empire I know...

I find it amusing how you have taken your bad experiences in Redlands (which is a nice community by the way) and applied them to the rest of the Inland Empire, Southern California, and the State. Does the IE have problems? Yes. But it also has positives. You are exaggerating.

Hmmmm....now that I think of it...

EVERYTHING SHE WROTE IS TRUE!!!! Everyone thinking of moving here - DON'T!! Everyone thinking of leaving here - DO!!

Old 05-18-2008, 05:57 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,897,170 times
Seems to be a lot of unhappy people in here..!! We moved to Apple Valley from OC three years ago, and love everything about it. Commercial development is booming. Shopping centers are popping up everywhere. Big industry is moving in, which will create good jobs locally. They are even planning a new four year college in Victorville, to train the people for the many high tech jobs moving into the High Desert area. RE is far cheaper than anywhere else around. This is the direction the growth is headed.
I'm sorry some people aren't happy here. I've always thought it was the person, not the place, that creates one's happiness..!

Old 05-19-2008, 09:47 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,970,039 times
I grew up there (Corona and Riverside), and it's not that bad. Granted, I couldn't wait to get out of there, but as soon as I did I missed it dearly, yet I will probably never return, only because I don't enjoy the climate.

Why it's not bad:
-Close to LA, OC, SD, beaches, mountains
-Cheaper than LA, OC, SD, beaches, mountains
-Fairly pretty setting, mountains/hills on all sides, (some with snow in winter) trees in the cities
-Most people like the weather/climate
-For the most part, people are good looking
-Not a terribly narrow-minded populace
-Racism/intolerance nearly non-existent (within IE, not including LA/OC), people seem to be on a level playing field, only place I've seen less racism/intolerance is Seattle

Yet there is an unfortunate culture (amongst some) that exists in the Inland Empire which I'll call:

"The IE Credo"

definition of credo: any system of principles of beliefs

-"If you don't live in a late 80's or newer tract home, you are poor"
-"Commuting isn't that big of a deal, it's a way of life"
-"Everywhere else I've been is better than here, except LA"
-"The IE sucks because of the smog, illegals, gangs, traffic, lack of morals/religion etc."
-"I wish we could afford to live in Orange County"
-"I'm better than you because of the way I look, what I wear, what I drive, who my friends are, where I work and where I live"
-"I wish I could find a small town where everybody is white, with no gangs, no traffic, cheap homes, well paying jobs, and good people with morals/values"

Old 05-19-2008, 01:59 PM

1,999 posts, read 4,880,366 times
The Inland Empire is Big and has a population of over 4 million,so like the rest of California,it has it's Good Points and Bad Points,Good Areas and Bad Areas.

I stayed with a friend there for about 3 months and really enjoyed it.

Old 05-20-2008, 12:41 PM

3,536 posts, read 5,912,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Aguilar View Post

"The IE Credo"

definition of credo: any system of principles of beliefs

-"If you don't live in a late 80's or newer tract home, you are poor"
-"Commuting isn't that big of a deal, it's a way of life"
-"Everywhere else I've been is better than here, except LA"
-"The IE sucks because of the smog, illegals, gangs, traffic, lack of morals/religion etc."
-"I wish we could afford to live in Orange County"
-"I'm better than you because of the way I look, what I wear, what I drive, who my friends are, where I work and where I live"
-"I wish I could find a small town where everybody is white, with no gangs, no traffic, cheap homes, well paying jobs, and good people with morals/values"
It seems that this credo is very well represented in some of the posts on this forum. Esp. the devil worshipping post above. Just like any metro area of 3-2 million (Urban valleys in the western part of the IE) there is a lot of good and a lot of bad.

Old 05-20-2008, 08:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,897,170 times
There are losers who will be unhappy no matter where they live. IE is as good and any place, better than most...!

Old 05-21-2008, 12:15 AM

44 posts, read 246,542 times
It's funny but, every time I read about how the IE's air quality is the worst in the U.S, I get these little breathing spasms, like, I can feel the dirt enter my lungs. It's like the Forum Air Quality Placebo Effect.

But, the IE isn't THAT bad. I mean, I've lived here for 17 years, and I can't wait to move, but there is something I will always miss, and I don't know what it is yet. It' s really what you make of it. There is a little here for everyone in every niche. At least Riverside is FINALLY getting some good restaurants! I'm tired of the same 5: Applebee's, Denny's, Carrow's, Sizzler, and iHop. In the Galleria, We have PF Chang's , Cheesecake Factory, Yardhouse (woohoo! Home of the Yard Glass) Elephant Bar, etc...

The only thing I hate about the Inland Empire, is that even though it is the cheapest in California, you have to work so dang much just to live here! All too often I see people in housing tracks, with big huge lifted trucks, Commander boats in the driveway, and ATVs/Motorcycles, yet they don't have any time to use them. Most people I know go to Glamis maybe 2 times a year at the most, for 4th of July or Memorial Day.

Old 05-21-2008, 01:44 PM

83 posts, read 382,094 times
[quote=sandbar3000;3763921]
Many people would like to tell you that Temecula and Murrieta is NOT the inland empire, since the median income is about 75K there, but it IS the inland empire down there, even though people would like to think it is the "new orange county". Oh, and Temecula and Murrieta is in Riverside County, even though many people would like to believe it is San Diego County!
/quote]

Yep. You're right. Us in Temecula would probably rather think of ourselves being in northern San Diego... but technically Temecula is the first town over Riverside County border (although to this day I don't know what Rainbow is considered). MANY people have come to Temecula from San Diego or from Orange County (or from out of state) to get away from the high cost of housing. The town has grown in leaps and bounds in the past few years, but that growth has probably hurt the town more than anything. Its still trying to hold on to its quaint origins but is busting at the seems a bit now.

As for me... I came in from out of state so I didn't have any preconceived notions or snobby attitudes about the IE. I honestly just didn't get it. All I knew is I wanted to be closer to SD than LA (which I wasn't a big fan of).

Old 05-27-2008, 03:06 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,385,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalDaveL View Post
(although to this day I don't know what Rainbow is considered).
Rainbow and the main part of DeLuz are both San Diego County and share the same zip code as Fallbrook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties