Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-29-2012, 03:12 AM

14 posts, read 45,744 times

Advertisements

Hi,I am in the process of moving back to California.I am from here but I moved away 10 years ago to Chicago.I am from Arcadia but I don't want to move back to Arcadia because it's too expensive to buy a home.

About 2 years ago I began researching and I came up with a list of potential cities..The cities that are still on the list are Temecula,Santa Clarita,and Rancho Cucamonga(and surronding areas of those towns).

I am Currently out here to look around each town and get a feel for the enviornment.I am currently in Temecula and as much as I expected to like it,there is just something off about this city AND most importantly it seems to be in the middle of nowhere.I feel as if the jobs will be limited in this area and I would have to stay with an employer that I dislike because there won't be many options unless I choose to Commute far every day and I HATE driving.

I have only been in Temecula for 2 days and my observations are that its BORING and the only fun is Restaurants,Drinking,and church.Nothing wrong with those things but is there ANYTHING else to do for adult fun?

I do have 2 preteens and they LOVE it here..I have found plenty of things for them to do.

I really hope that I like the other towns better,but Temecula was first on my list.I guess I'm just dissapointed and Scared for my future job possibilities.I work in healthcare and I LOVE working overtime so Its important to have MANy healthcare facilities around.

Can you recommend any other cities that I may enjoy? I'm basically looking for Safety and a good school district,where buying a home is not outrageous! I would Love it if the town had fun for adults too...Thanks if you just read all of this lol!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2012, 03:29 AM

1 more thing,I also LOVE outdoor type of activities.Hiking,Camping ect.. It's like I want to live in a Suburb with a little urban vibe(Not Boring maybe some museums,Poetry,Jazz,old book stores,concerts) that's close to nature as well..With good school,safe,and reasonable priced homes 200-250k for a 3/2...

Old 03-29-2012, 08:47 AM

13,827 posts, read 29,982,693 times
Redlands, or Riverside 92506, 92508, parts of 92507.

Old 03-29-2012, 12:35 PM

1,714 posts, read 3,857,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveblossom View Post
1 more thing,I also LOVE outdoor type of activities.Hiking,Camping ect.. It's like I want to live in a Suburb with a little urban vibe(Not Boring maybe some museums,Poetry,Jazz,old book stores,concerts) that's close to nature as well..With good school,safe,and reasonable priced homes 200-250k for a 3/2...
The Santa Clarita area has good hiking trails and outdoorsy places (including Castaic Lake).

Lots of community events like concerts in the spring, summer, and holiday time. I have been to a few of these events though I don't live there.

It also has a farmer's market held at a local community college (College of the Canyons? Forgot the name).

Santa Clarita is a suburb for sure, but it's close enough to Glendale, Burbank, Van Nuys, and Los Angeles for weekend errands. Plus, it has good public schools for your teens.

The thing is that a 250k budget may not get you a property you want in SC. You might want to do some shopping and see what you can compromise on.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:45 PM

Thanks.I never thought about Redlands.I will check it out.Crossing my fingers that i'll find something resonable in Santla Clarita or Rancho Cucamonga. I did spend more time in Temecula today and I have to say that I am falling in love with this place..I just really wish that it was closer to a big city and some nightlife.

Old 03-29-2012, 05:47 PM

@ David-How are the schools in Riverside.I have only been out there a few times as a teen,but I never looked into the schools there.I will check it out,thanks!

Old 03-29-2012, 06:45 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,388,343 times
If you want to be close to several hospitals, then I'd concentrate your search in the Loma Linda, Riverside, San Bernardino triangle. If you go as far south as Temecula, you will have fewer hospitals to choose from.

As for as your preteens loving Temecula, I don't doubt it. It's a really good place for families, and not so great for young single adults - so kids tend to leave for college, and not come back until they're ready to start their own families!

Old 03-29-2012, 09:12 PM

13,827 posts, read 29,982,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveblossom View Post
@ David-How are the schools in Riverside.I have only been out there a few times as a teen,but I never looked into the schools there.I will check it out,thanks!
I am a product of Riverside schools, but the area of Riverside I recommended to you is in a different, better district than the one I went through. They are above average.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:46 AM

124 posts, read 333,546 times
For Temecula, there's currently 3 hospitals that are within 20 minutes: Rancho Springs, Inland Valley and Loma Linda Murrieta. There's one hospital currently being built within Temecula city limits... which is supposed to be done by next year? Not sure. 30 minutes away will have Palomar in Escondido.

Old 03-30-2012, 01:48 AM

4 posts, read 9,138 times
Having lived in LA, Orange County, San Diego. You have landed in the right place with regard to schools, cost of housing and safe neighborhoods. I would not recommend going as east as Riverside, school quality goes down, air quality goes down, crime goes up! Murrieta, Temecula, Wildomar, Winchester are great affordable areas to find great deals on houses in Southern California. You are still only an hour drive to San Diego, Beaches, outdoor activity and you can find a great house for $250K. As mentioned there are those those three hospitals, a new one being built in Temecula of 79, Palomar is huge and brand new in Escondido on 30 minute drive supposed to be ready in Fall of this year. [mod]see note[/mod] Best wishes! - Ryan

Last edited by Count David; 03-30-2012 at 02:21 AM.. Reason: please see the TOS re: Realtors and real estate advertising
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties