Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
 [Register]
San Bernardino and Riverside Counties The Inland Empire
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2011, 10:06 AM

7 posts, read 23,428 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving from Washington, DC and recently got married. I am moving to Inland empire or perhaps Orange county depending on the commute. My job is in Riverside at a community hospital and prefer to live within 30 min from the hospital.

Both of us are Professionals and looking to rent at this point for 6 months until we know the lay of the land. I would prefer to live in an apartment building or complex which would be considered luxury apartment. Perfer resturants, cafe, shops, etc whole foods close by. Do u guys know any good apartment complexes in riverside, ontario or corona to consider.

If Orange county, where in OC which is close to Riverside and commute is manageable.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,388,343 times
I don't know of any luxury apartments in Riverside - it's not that kind of city - you might be better off looking for a house!

And if you're looking for a 30 minute or less commute, then you should stick to Riverside County - there's no way you can get to Orange County during the busy times of day in under 30 minutes.

Good luck!

Old 08-29-2011, 10:20 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,927,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by struvite2004 View Post
Hi,

I am moving from Washington, DC and recently got married. I am moving to Inland empire or perhaps Orange county depending on the commute. My job is in Riverside at a community hospital and prefer to live within 30 min from the hospital.

Both of us are Professionals and looking to rent at this point for 6 months until we know the lay of the land. I would prefer to live in an apartment building or complex which would be considered luxury apartment. Perfer resturants, cafe, shops, etc whole foods close by. Do u guys know any good apartment complexes in riverside, ontario or corona to consider.

If Orange county, where in OC which is close to Riverside and commute is manageable.

thanks
OC will probably be too far. You might want to try someplace like Claremont or LaVerne. You will be going against traffic so I don't know. It still might be too far, but would be a great area for young, newly weds.

Nita

Old 08-29-2011, 01:32 PM

7,226 posts, read 22,223,289 times
i drove through riverside last night and saw some newer looking apartment buildings near the university. as for whole foods, they are only in LA and OC, but there are some Trader Joe's markets in the riverside area. as for walkable neighborhoods, there is a small downtown in riverside as well as redlands. you may consider those cities. anything else would be more than 30 minutes away most likely.

Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM

1,626 posts, read 4,019,562 times
You don't mention where your spouse will be working and I imagine that would factor into where you decide to live. Other than the occasional condo for rent apartments in the IE are generally large professionally managed complexes. They want you to sign a 12 month lease so a 6 month lease will be more expensive (I'd guess $100-200 a month more.) Loma Linda and Redlands are really nice and there are some nicer areas of Riverside. You can look on sites like apartments.com to see what the apartment complexes in those areas are like. You can also check Craigslist for some nicer condos to rent in Riverside.

If you want to be near lots of malls/shopping Rancho Cucamonga may be an option too. It would be pushing the 30 minute commute though.

Last edited by Dunbar42; 08-29-2011 at 03:09 PM..

Old 08-29-2011, 05:41 PM

109 posts, read 303,379 times
i was at the riverside convention center this weekend. i saw newly built luxury apartments just north of there. i think the intersection is main street and 3rd street.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:04 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,388,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bionictony View Post
i was at the riverside convention center this weekend. i saw newly built luxury apartments just north of there. i think the intersection is main street and 3rd street.
That's the Raincross Promenade - right? If so they're new and they look nice and the web site calls it "luxurious condominium living" and they have a gym and a pool - but I'm not sure that's what the original poster meant by a luxury apartment? That said, those apartments are right in the downtown area - so there are definitely cafes and restaurants nearby! Just cut across the street, and the street behind the Mission Inn has some great cafes and shops!

Downtown San Diego and Los Angeles and Orange County all have what would be considered luxury apartments, but I don't know of any in Riverside. It's just not that kind of city!

Old 09-01-2011, 03:07 PM

23 posts, read 110,562 times
You can also look at Eastvale, CA in Riverside county. There are some nice apartments (homecoming) and condos around Limonite ave. Theres a theater and shopping plazza with restaurants on that st. Victoria Gardens mall and Ontario Mills is 10-15 mins. Riverside is probably 20 mins. OC can be 30 mins not during traffic times.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:08 PM

74 posts, read 243,413 times
Corona is great! There are a lot of really nice apartments and neighborhoods there, and the city in general is very nice (clean, safe, new, amenities, etc.) and within easy commute range. Try looking in the south part of the city and the northeast part, this is where you will find the nice apts.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:20 PM

4 posts, read 10,969 times
Hi there, if it's not too late here are a few luxury-type apartments I've come across:

Canyon Crest Luxury Apartments http://canyoncrestapartments.com/
Esplanade at Riverwalk Apartments http://experiencesequoia.com/esplanade
Broadstone Vesada http://www.broadstonevesada-apts.com/
Castle Rock at Sycamore Highlands http://www.castlerockapt.com/

All are within 30 or so minutes from Riverside Community Hospital with Canyon Crest being the closest. I feel Orange County is too far away to acheive the 30 minute commute especially in the mornings and late afternoons. Not to mention the 91 freeway is always a mess. I would stick around Riverside for the less stressful commute. I hope this helps some. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Bernardino and Riverside Counties